Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I usually have the TV or Pandora on as background noise. I use Pandora to sleep during the day. I can't sleep when it's quiet. I need a little noise with some soft music like Supertramp and Pink Floyd.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if there's music playing. I have an app that plays the sound of a thunderstorm. You can even adjust how much thunder and lightning it plays.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    4fc2d9be91e4c905f449d81722653a6b.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    4fc2d9be91e4c905f449d81722653a6b.jpg

Lol yep!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It was up to 55 this afternoon! It was amazing! Loved riding in without being bundled like Nanook of the North. The sun was shining and I could just feel the vitamin D building in my skin. It was a thing of beauty. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sounds like us up here, @sufferlandrian... from a start of 3C at 7 am we ended up at 16C and I was dressed way too warm to troop around town while my Honda Accord got her 'ski boots' changed to 'sandals.' Then I had to go up to the Lab and get 4 vials of blood drawn this afternoon. I ate 200g of Pecorino Romano for dinner and a Diet A&W Root Beer. Such an intense Wham! of saltiness and sweating butterfat. Picked up hubby for a movie at the theatre after his work - we enjoyed a good oldie (1985), "My American Cousin," free movies all over Canada today sponsored by one of our banks - celebrations all year because Canada is officially 150 y.o.
    Just an overall strange day.
    Kinda glad it's over.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It was close to 80F today and I loved it....but felt self-conscious and flabby in a sleeveless shirt. Sigh...guess you can't have it both ways.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    2sh3mvxeuhsf.png
    Basically me right now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    ROFL!!! That looks like my Air Force buddies after a bunch of beers. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My gunshot dog is still alive. Slug when through the intestines three times, through the spleen once, the pancreas once and ended up in the stomach. She is one tough dog to still be alive.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Holy Moly! ^^^^
    One lucky Dog! (or maybe unlucky?)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That reminds me of a dog we had as a kid. We had a particularly unfriendly neighbor and our dog kept getting into his yard. He shot out dig in the head. The bullet scooted around the outside of the skull and landed right between the eyes, where our vet removed it with a very simple surgery and 2 stitches. Years later I was touring that vets office for a class, and he mentioned that dog because it was so unusual and showed us the x-rays. I was like, "That's my dog!"
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    2 five hour energy drinks, one monster and 18 hours to go. I'm in trouble.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    **bounces off walls... soon to crash to the floor**
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    3 five out energy drinks, one monster and 12 hours to go. I'll judge how I'm doing by the number of typos I see tomorrow. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Bad news.... Original slide is still dangerous, geotechnical says water table is up by 10%, one more week on evacuation notice then reassess. And now 1 hr ago another slide down another mountain very close to my place, 6 country blocks down. Hubby sleeping tonight but will be on emergency services on-site there in AM while I sleep. All this freakin rain and quick upper level snowmelt!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! That's scary. I hope you get a break and get some dry weather. Looking at the jet stream it doesn't look like you will.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Update: ten houses received evacuation notice approx 1 km from my place. Sounds like creek's been blocked and road's flooded and the guys are waiting for the road crew to block the South end as the road is already having subsidence issues and is crumbling away. Only one way in and out - only one road thru the valley. Luckily we are on the hometown side and not on the far side requiring a circular route of about 120 km to town for work etc.
    Expecting another 10 more cloudy showery days dammit.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    We are on the CBC radio now. Only a few minutes to grab essentials and get out. Road is in trouble.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hope everything is ok! Saying a prayer!