Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Whew emergency is over.... The road contractors brought in a ton of heavy equipment to quickly dig trenches to keep the water from totally wrecking the road. Everyone is back in their homes with new culverts under their driveways. There is a possible issue with logging happening up higher on the mountain - many in our little community are upset that the company that has the legal cut block licences did not approach the community association with info on their plans.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh - Glad everyone is back home.

Guess what guys? 3 five hour energy drinks and three monsters and...... I'm still alive!! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    ....And with a 'resting' heart rate of 145 BPM lol.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @canadijneh- glad everything ended up as well as it did!
    @sufferlandrian -They'd have to pry me off the ceiling if I drank that much caffeine! I don't see how you do it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The problem with being nice to people, is they come back expecting to keep taking advantage of it.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    The problem with being nice to people, is they come back expecting to keep taking advantage of it.

Sigh...yep. One of the reasons I freakin' hated working in customer service.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Pretty much.

So OT has been cut for now. Apparently we're slight over on the OT budget...by 11K. A friend of mine asked if 10K was mine...lmao. While my bank account will miss it, I'm also enjoying it. My gas tank likes it. I've been able to catch up on my housework and workouts. I also didn't realize how much stress I was feeling from working all the time.

We put a down payment on a beach house for the end of July. It was very last minute but my hubs managed to find a nice one to house all of us and family. I'm so very ready!!!

The weather around me was super wet the past couple days but it's cleared out and gonna be 90 this weekend.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    6 minutes left in my shift and I am the next in the call queue....cmon clock!!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    a39805so8qet.png
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    6 minutes left in my shift and I am the next in the call queue....cmon clock!!

Well you're home free by now either way!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    "Rescue" people kill me. She traps a cat and wants us to check to see if the kittens are nursing. She can't find the kittens so while she is here with a feral cat, the kittens are starving and the cat is getting stressed out which will limit the milk production and the likelihood of going back to the kittens right away.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The problem with the caveat "Don't take this medication is you are sensitive to it." is that you never know until you take it. Lost a dog tonight that turned out to be really sensitive to the medication the regular vet prescribed to it.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Arghhh, crazy rescue people. Good heart/bad brains.

More crap happening near my place....
    Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!!!!

csrd.bc.ca/news-notices/news/2017-04-27/eagle-bay-road-washout
    5m6rqc8q8uk6.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! I grew up North of Seattle and we got a lot of rain, but you guys have really been hammered with rain this spring. We are supposed to start drying out over here. Any chance of that over there?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Ugh!!
    osoyoostimes.com/recent-rainfall-breaking-some-daily-records/
    globalnews.ca/news/3342245/metro-vancouver-breaks-61-year-old-rainfall-record/
    Now we are up for a big stretch of record high temperatures which means all the snowpack in the mountains will be coming down FAST!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You just can't catch a break this spring. With any luck, it won't be raining at the same time. Of course if you had any luck we wouldn't be talking about there.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do you ever have one of those nights where nothing is wrong but you just don't want to be at work? That's tonight.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,192 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, just want to be on your bed. Watching something you enjoy, eating your favorite snack.