Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Spring must be here. I've switched biking shoes from winter weight to spring weight. :smile:
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2017
    I honestly feel like nightshifters have a different relationship with food than daywalkers. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah for sure.

Daywalkers? I feel bad for them right now since it's already 100°F at 11AM where I live. It's only going to get worse.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    100F already, @Sivadee00 ? Where in hell (and I mean that literally lol) do you live?? Not my idea of spring that's for sure! Bet you're glad you work at night.
  • Sivadee00
    edited May 2017
    canadjineh wrote: »
    100F already, @Sivadee00 ? Where in hell (and I mean that literally lol) do you live?? Not my idea of spring that's for sure! Bet you're glad you work at night.

I live in the Arizona Sonoran Desert.
    Hell is much more cool in comparison.
    The night shift is great.
  • sufferlandrian
    I was jumping for joy when it hit 60 for the first time yesterday! 100 would kill me!
  • canadjineh
    The weather network got my hopes up that we would get 25C here today.... But now they are saying more rain and only 19 or 20.
  • sufferlandrian
    I love the embarrassed tone in an owner's voice when you tell them the object stuck in the intestines was a pair of panties. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I love the embarrassed tone in an owner's voice when you tell them the object stuck in the intestines was a pair of panties. :smile:

*snort* :D
  • sufferlandrian
    I owe, I owe, so off to work I go. (Channel the tune from Snow White.) :smile:
  • Sivadee00
    I was jumping for joy when it hit 60 for the first time yesterday! 100 would kill me!

60° sounds very beautiful.
    Where I live, there are two seasons.
    One is HOT-HOT-HOT Summer and the other is a Mild Winter that briefly goes below freezing. No snow though. Fall and spring don't exist here. Lol.
  • Sivadee00
    edited May 2017

Lmao. Were they stuck in a dog? I can only imagine the look and conversation that followed. Awkward.
  • sufferlandrian
    The dog ate the panties but they didn't make it through the intestines so we had to go in and remove them surgically.
  • canadjineh
    Dogs like underwear. A pug of my BIL & SIL used to hunt out my bras from my suitcase whenever we visited them. If we hadn't seen him (Calvin) lurking about in the past few minutes, very soon he would come tearing out of the guest room with my bra in his mouth. Crazy!! We could never figure him out. I had to remember to latch my suitcase shut all the time.
  • sufferlandrian
    LOL. :smile: At least he didn't eat them. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    edited May 2017
    LOL. :smile: At least he didn't eat them. :smile:

Smart pug.... one word..."underwire" :D
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member

Bahahahaha :lol:

It's raining here again. We keep going from drought to too much rain. The temps have been in the 80sF here but are going to drop off after the front bringing us the storms goes through.
    I honestly feel like nightshifters have a different relationship with food than daywalkers. What do you guys think?

Having worked nights and now straight days, this is so true. I don't feel like I have to eat to keep my energy levels up or eat to stay awake. I eat when I get hungry. It's also much easier to stay out of my snacks during the day.
  • sufferlandrian
    I've got a ton of food at work tonight and all I really want is a Strawberry Blonde from Cold Stone Ice Creamery. :-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I've got a ton of food at work tonight and all I really want is a Strawberry Blonde from Cold Stone Ice Creamery. :-)

That sounds yummy!
    One of the worst things about working nights is that there's no place open to stop and get an ice cream after work!
  • Sivadee00
    edited May 2017

That sounds yummy!
    One of the worst things about working nights is that there's no place open to stop and get an ice cream after work!

IHOP, Wal-Mart, and Denny's are the only few places open at this hour. None of which I like to visit because of the many drunks leaving the bars. Not safe.
  • sufferlandrian
    One of the good things is that the only place open is Walmart. :smile: I can't go get a strawberry blonde. :smile: