Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    So, should that be pizza and soda on top of my fee? 'Cause I'm pretty sure insurance doesn't cover that.
  • jennifer_417
    Well, I finished my last final this morning, so I survived the semester!
    Now, I'm about to order an embarrassing amount of food. Anyone want anything?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Order me up a hunk of cheese with a side of cheese and extra cheese on top. And a Freybe Damn Hot pepperoni. Thx lol
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Crazy weekend. Hardly had time to eat and sleep. Didn't keep up with records. Now I'm trying to reconstruct the last couple.
  • sufferlandrian
    The problem with the sun coming out after an extended period of ran is ..... Now I'm sunburned. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Well, I survived graduation, slept for 2 days straight, and now I'm at work trying to figure out what to do now that I don't have any homework. I can't get Netflix here!
  • canadjineh
    I download books on "OverDrive" it's a library app that downloads books for 21 days, ePub books. This whole long weekend was close to 30C and sunny but I felt like crap not sleeping and in pain from too much family health worry. I didn't even care about missing my fave rodeo in its 99th year. Major windstorms tonight!! All hands on deck dozens of callouts for downed trees and power lines across roads including Highway 1. All emergency vehicles busy, busy, busy!
  • sufferlandrian
    We have your windstorms here today. Winds steady at 20 mph and gusts to 40 mph.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    We've got stormy weather around my parts. It rained all day yesterday. Sun is out now but they're calling for nasty storms this afternoon. The next county over actually got hit by a tornado. Destroyed a little FD. Luckily, no one died. I think they only had some minor injuries reported.
    Well, I survived graduation, slept for 2 days straight, and now I'm at work trying to figure out what to do now that I don't have any homework. I can't get Netflix here!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    I was in climbing gears on my way home today, even on the flats. Two panniers (saddle bags) on the back of the bike acted like parachutes heading into the wind. Still, I would rather ride into a 20 mph headwind than a 20 mph crosswind.
  • canadjineh
    Pray for 20 mph tailwind.... why is it never a tailwind lol? Kinda like your Gramps walking uphill both ways to school hahaha.
  • canadjineh
    Yep, same storm with a weather warning in the next province east, funnel clouds spotted there and a tractor trailer flipped from the crosswind on the hwy (prairie provinces)
  • sufferlandrian
    Oh it's not always a headwind or crosswind. I had a beautiful tailwind on the way to work last night. :smile: Someone asked if I made good time getting to work last night. I just looked at them and said, "With a 20 mph tailwind, even my daughter could make good time getting to work." :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Welp, it's started. Working 65 hours this week, because they asked me to pick up 2 extra shifts. I think they fired the other guy who works where I've been assigned.
  • sufferlandrian
    The overtime pay is always nice but getting in the extra hours is always hard. Hope the nights are uneventful.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    night shift here.. working in a hospital. only threatened twice so far by patients.. great night!!
  • canadjineh
    Welp, it's started. Working 65 hours this week, because they asked me to pick up 2 extra shifts. I think they fired the other guy who works where I've been assigned.

Hopefully someday you will get time to enjoy all the extra cash, lol. I totally get it... I am working extra hours right now too because we are still shorthanded (mudslide onsites because the affected properties still need to be secured and they still haven't found the missing man in one of the slides, also one of my co-workers hit a deer the other night - good thing he was driving the Crown Vic, the bigger tougher patrol car, so he is off... and we are still on floodwatch for the local river)

54456480.jpg

• jennifer_417
    Le sigh indeed....overtime is great, except when you actually have to do it! Oh well, I've been wanting to buy some new clothes, anyway!
  • XshakyX
    XshakyX Posts: 193 Member
    Well now I know where to find y'all when I'm on nights. I do the swing shift thing.
  • jennifer_417
    Make sure to star the thread if you want to find it again; it's weirdly hard to find otherwise.