Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    It's easy to find. Just follow the second start to the left all the way to never never land. :smile:
  • stellarswan
    stellarswan Posts: 1 Member
    I am night shift sometimes.
    I switch back and forth. Hippodrome for the health but that's what I got!
  • sufferlandrian
    Holiday weekends are tough. We see so many things and although most are just enteritis from pets getting in to the barbeque, the euthanasias are hard on the owners and in turn, hard on the staff.
  • sufferlandrian
    Coming up on 450 miles riding my bike for the month. I didn't think I would get that many. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Coming up on 450 miles riding my bike for the month. I didn't think I would get that many. :smile:

Nice!
  • sufferlandrian
    Thank goodness the weekend is over! I'm ready to go home, get the dog and just go for a nice long hike in the woods. Holiday weekends can be a bit emotionally taxing at the veterinary ER. Between the usual euthanasias, there are the folks running over their animals or drownings at the lake/river. It gets tough trying to help people through pet losses on what should be a happy holiday weekend.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    God I miss nightshift. This daywalking stuff is for the birds...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2017
    We miss youuuuu toooo, bethanie!!!

A bit of a storm tonight, luckily I timed my major walk/site check at the college just before the rain and thunder and lightning. Almost time for a Timmies break (apple cinnamon tea and a Quest bar). It was stinking hot today, 33C, and we are still on all kinds of flooding alerts in our area. Lake height records have been broken - all the way back to 1948. Aaaand there is still ice on the high country lakes and 4 metres of snow at the top of the mountains, the river sources. We are still on the slide site where the older man is missing/presumed dead. The RCMP and the urban search team will be lifting his house and searching the basement. It is possible he has been washed out into the lake as the slide extends over 60 metres under the water. Sad for his family as they have no closure yet.
  • sufferlandrian
    If you have a storm, I know it's headed my way. Looked at the weather channel app and it looks like it will be here tomorrow.
  • jennifer_417
    canadjineh wrote: »
    We miss youuuuu toooo, bethanie!!!
    Yep!
  • sufferlandrian
    @canadjineh - Got your storm in today. The rain was nice but I could have done without the lightning.
  • jennifer_417
    It's been looking like it's going to storm for hours, but it's held off so far. Speaking of which, I better go do a perimeter patrol while it's still dry.
  • sufferlandrian
    I had to put down the most beautiful mastiff tonight. I've worked with him since he was one year old but tonight his leg was swollen and when we took X-Rays, he had bone cancer. Really sucks.
  • canadjineh
    Awwww, sufferlandrian, poor thing. An Italian Mastiff?
  • sufferlandrian
    English. A big 200 lb baby. Brindle male. My favorite.
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2017
    Sweet! I've always been a big dog girl. Pets in my life = Standard poodle, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Husky/wolf x, Rottie, Presa Canario.
    Names... Petunia, Cobra, Kayana, Lucas, Suede
  • sufferlandrian
    Currently have a Border Collie lab cross. My last seven have been English Mastiffs. I love the big dogs. :smile:
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Helllllooo night shifters. Ill add my dog in, mini daschund... I used to have a bull mastiff, quite the opposite end I am at
  • canadjineh
    Wow Stephanieross, one extreme to the other lol
  • sufferlandrian
    I love when clients come in with big dogs named silly things like tinkerbell or small dogs with names like brutus. No dog should be named killer.