Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Our standard poodle was named Petunia because in kindergarten my brother liked the book "Petunia the Silly Goose." So Petunia she was. We used to play a rodeo game with her that she absolutely loved, my brother would run across the lawn shaking the end of a long skipping rope and she would run after him and chomp down on it and tussle with him. She was the 'roped' calf and I would run out to them as fast as I could and flank her then pretend tie 3 of her legs. She would keep playing this with us until we were all tuckered out. We timed out 'events' too lol.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    I always had German Shepherds growing up. Then my brother and I got Papillions lol. Total opposite in size but definitely big dog in a little dogs body. I love dogs. Today, my hubs and I have Max and Riley.
  • XshakyX
    XshakyX Posts: 193 Member
    Hey hey look at me back on nights for a bit.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Welcome back to nights. :smile: Glad to see you. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    I think I need a better picture. Looked beautiful before I cropped it to fit. Now it looks like I have a head the size of the Kool-Aid man.
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow it's been busy! It's been a hard day for cats.
  • bethanie0825
    It's my Friday!! It's my Friday!! No EOG proctoring this week. No OT. Woot Woot!!
    C'mon 6 pm!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    @bethanie0825 - sweet!
    I scheduled stuff on all of my days off this week. I'm not doing a very good job a resting, y'all.
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2017
    My 3rd rest day (today) is now taken up with me sitting in a bank overnight because their alarm system is not booting up properly. 2200-0800. Emergency callouts suck sometimes. Then tomorrow I have to to the dentist with only 5 hrs of sleep. :( At least there is a Keurig and a candy dish available ( and free WiFi). I think I may watch Netflix and binge on coffee.
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm binge monster drinking. I'm not sure why these 36 hour shifts are killing me. I used to think a 36 hour shift was a breeze and a 52 hour shift was hard.
  • crtaylor7997
    crtaylor7997 Posts: 151 Member
    I love when clients come in with big dogs named silly things like tinkerbell or small dogs with names like brutus. No dog should be named killer.

I have a dog named D.O.G.
  • crtaylor7997
    I work a swing shift so I'm 50/50 days and nights.

The conversation on pets I gotta add that I've got 2 wonderful Great Danes.
  • canadjineh
    Great Danes=mega poo piles in the yard lol.
  • crtaylor7997
    Lol, but such well mannered dogs
  • sufferlandrian
    I love Danes. The only problem is, they are much more active than I am. I'll stick with English Mastiff. We both think a heavy day of activity is if we forget something in the kitchen and have to go back a second time. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    I saw a guy in my neighborhood running with his Great Dane, a few weeks ago. The guy was running at a decent clip, but the Dane was just walking beside him.
  • bethanie0825
    I scheduled stuff on all of my days off this week. I'm not doing a very good job a resting, y'all.

Me neither, I'm always busy on my days off doing what I can't do on my work days lol. I always run myself ragged.

Great Danes are just gorgeous and so goofy. My aunt and uncle had one they rescued. He was such a joy!
  • bethanie0825
    Holy. Hell. You can definitely tell school is out bc we've been crazy. Teenagers partying. Loitering. Fighting with their parents. It's literally the first week of summer break.
  • jennifer_417
    Ugh. Teenagers.
  • canadjineh
    Round here it's the bloody 20 somethings, who are on vacation from Universities and think they can do whatever the heck they want because they aren't at home. Luckily(?) the lake is up so high there is no beach to party on and so much debris from the runoff and mudslides that boating is a risky proposition.
    trx7gzsm9bua.jpg
    This was almost a week ago now and the lake is higher yet. More barriers and sandbags have been added to prevent damage to the City water intake building on the lakeshore.
    nf8cntzvswl9.jpg
    One of the boat launches is completely underwater.eml2zdbnqxxq.jpg

ANNNND... it's spider season, my favorite time of the year to trot around the back of buildings through the gardens to check the windows and doors. NOT!!ll4a8k16khce.jpg