Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Busy working, planning vacation, watching my newly fixed German Shepherd, and keeping up with life. Once our weightloss challenge ended at work, I kept going until I hurt my hip flexor and had a hella bad TOM. As of Friday, I'm up almost 10lbs. So bad!!

Thankfully we've started that back up. Now I just need to get my butt moving! This week will be a long one as I'm changing rotations at work. I'm super bummed but I'd rather volunteer to move than be voluntold. And I get to train again. But unless the last crazy one, this girl has experience taking and dispatching and seems like a normal human bring. So now I have to work 4 days in a row to get my hours this BUT I get two weekends in a row off. :smiley:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @jennifer_417 your avatar photo looked like an owl holding a window cleaning applicator (my hubby is a window cleaner, lol) when I first looked at it. I had to click on it to see the photo larger and NOW I see what it is, lol. Hi all, back to night shift tomorrow night but freakin' busy with all our contract stops, not as much time to play around on my tablet between stops. I'll try though!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'm working the next 4 nights, an extra shift because the girl I trained pulled a no-call no-show last week. Called it!
  • bethanie0825
    1 down, 3 to go. Yay!!

@jennifer_417 We trained a new one who ended up leaving before she finished training. Gave 10 days notice, then called out sick the last 2 lol. What happened to work ethic?
  • jennifer_417
    1 down, 3 to go. Yay!!

@jennifer_417 We trained a new one who ended up leaving before she finished training. Gave 10 days notice, then called out sick the last 2 lol. What happened to work ethic?
    Pffft. If you figure it out, let me know. I don't understand what's so hard about just showing up when you're supposed to.
  • bethanie0825
    @jennifer_417 you figure it really wouldn't be that hard to figure out but I guess it is now. Or be an adult and say you won't be in.
  • jennifer_417
    *rolls through like stray tumbleweed*
  • canadjineh
    Busy, busy, busy....One night off in nine. Big fireworks at the beach tomorrow for Canada 150 means we are on detail as security for the pyrotechnics site - good part is 'front row seats'' and also stat holiday pay rate. Supposed to be stinkin' hot 35C so lots of salt and water during the event....
  • bethanie0825
    Back in the saddle again! Back from my weekend off and all I can think about is going on vacation in 3 weeks lol
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello fellow night owls. It's been a while since I dropped in and said anything. Sorry about that. Hope everyone is doing ok.

It is the 4th of July for those of us in the U.S.A. and I want to wish a safe holiday.

We haven't had rain, in our area, and it's getting so dry that brush fires are happening. During the day I can see smoke in the sky rising from our closest mountain. It's sad. To think there will be fireworks tonight is worrisome. All this dry heat is a big contrast to the rain and flooding I've read about on this forum. Anyway, I'll try to drop in more often and stay in touch.
  • canadjineh
    @Sivadee00 I understand the worries about the fireworks.... Although we had so much rain and flooding earlier, we are now in a high to extreme fire hazard level. The fireworks were watched extremely closely by the involved fire departments and since to is illegal to set off your own in our area at least it was all run by professionals. Also more of the displays were shot out over the lake. There was a cordoned off area beyond which were all the hundreds of pleasure boaters watching from the lake and a big crowd watching from the parks as well.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @Sivadee00 I understand the worries about the fireworks.... Although we had so much rain and flooding earlier, we are now in a high to extreme fire hazard level. The fireworks were watched extremely closely by the involved fire departments and since to is illegal to set off your own in our area at least it was all run by professionals. Also more of the displays were shot out over the lake. There was a cordoned off area beyond which were all the hundreds of pleasure boaters watching from the lake and a big crowd watching from the parks as well.

It's good to hear the professionals are the only ones allowed to handle fireworks. Where I live, anyone can buy and use them. There are firework tents in many parking lots selling fireworks. People can only legally use them outside the city but people don't listen. You can see and hear them (from afar) all over within the city. In the past we could hear gunshots too. It's scary so we hide in our home and celebrate quietly. I feel bad for the police and fire department during the 4th as it gets crazy.

I also feel bad for dogs since many of them panic and run away from their yards. I found two last year outside our door. I was walking to my car when I saw a old Golden Retriever with a small mix dog approaching me. I called the owner on the tag. The dogs had dug a hole under the yard gate to escape the noise. The woman and her daughter came by to pick them up.
  • jennifer_417
    Who else is working tonight? I don't think I'll get to see any fireworks, but since I'm in the middle of a neighborhood, I'll have to keep an extra eye out. They're supposed to be illegal inside city limits, but that probably won't stop at least a few.
  • bethanie0825
    I worked during the day and we didn't do much of anything. I thought we'd be busier with disturbances but nope. I'm hella glad I didn't work last night. The town I work for is putting fireworks on tonight. I'm thinking they'll go a little early since there's a line of storms setting up NW of here and dropping this way.
  • canadjineh
    Hey.... Anyone heard from @sufferlandrian? He hasn't been on the forum lately, probably working too hard. Shout-out if you are lurking ;)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I'm glad it's a quite night but I'm soooo bored!
  • RiveraMarylou
    RiveraMarylou Posts: 181 Member
    Hi all. I work night shift at a small hospital in Vermont. I'm new to MFP, so looking to make friends.
  • canadjineh
    Hellloooo to the new people on the night shift thread - I've got 4 nights off so I get to have a day life, that's why I'm posting so freaking early. I've already done two loads of laundry and working on the third.
  • bethanie0825
    edited July 2017
    Hi new peeps!! I work days but use to work nights!

@sufferlandrian I've seen him posting exercise on my wall so he's around!
  • RiveraMarylou
    RiveraMarylou Posts: 181 Member
    That's great, canadjineh, I am on vacation next week and get to join the land of the living! I can't wait!