Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    One problem over this looong weekend of mine is the presence of serious wildfires in our parts of the province (BC-wide State of Emergency) with drifting smoke affecting my lungs. Air quality is pretty bad. We saw things blow up while we were at the beach Friday afternoon. Ugh, the weather has been so freakish: Record wettest spring at 151% of normal rainfall immediately followed by the second driest June ever at 19% of normal rainfall. Floods followed by fires.
    Keeping track of friends in the firezones... so far everyone is OK, although not certain of houses.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    @canadjineh That's wild. Its just plain hot and humid where I am. Rainier than other years for sure, my grass is still nice and green but not enough for my tomatoes lol. My tomatoes and peppers want two drinks a day.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sooo...I just got pulled off of nights. The museum ended their contract suddenly. I'm now working 12:30-21:30 at the public library.
  • jennifer_417
    ProTip: The more you yet to schmooze your local security guard, the more suspicious he/she will be of you. Also, under no circumstances should you attempt to touch your local security guard, unless you are explicitly invited to do so.
  • canadjineh
    Hahaha, @jennifer_417 I charge extra for touching lol. Oh yeah, and if you want handcuffs or a little roughing up with a nightstick that's more too. >:):D
    Sheesh, rule is never touch a security guard or if you are smart, get within reach either. Some dummies out there.
  • bethanie0825
    Bahahaha, I'm sure that's an interesting story @jennifer_417

So I signed up for my 1st 5K in years yesterday. It's for the Special Olympics of NC so it's def for a great cause. I've already started C25K and will have to keep it up while on vacation next week...

AT THE BEACH!!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    Ok, so this genius, after trying WAY too hard to appear friendly and harmless, was describing some little doohicky he had bought, and described it as being no bigger than the button on my shirt WHILE TOUCHING THE BUTTON ON MY SHIRT.
  • canadjineh
    Guy needs a slap, or a knee in the goods @jennifer_417 .
    Nice to be at the beach, bethanie0825, I'm jealous. Last night tonight then 4 off. Yaaaaaay. My turn for the beach!
    I hope your run training goes well.
  • bethanie0825
    That's not weird at all.... :neutral:

I would've put my hand up and been like no, no need to touch me for this
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Finally getting some time off. I've been working 118 hours a week for most of the last month.
  • bethanie0825
    @sufferlandrian Holy hell! Glad you're getting time off now
  • jennifer_417
    Finally getting some time off. I've been working 118 hours a week for most of the last month.

Oh my! Hope you get to catch up on some rest!
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm not sure I'll ever catch up on the sleep until I'm dead. When I die, put Hulu and Netflix in my coffin so I can catch up on all the shows I've missed. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    I hope your new vet hire(s) work out @sufferlandrian! Good to have you back!!
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm still looking for a permanent hire. I've got some fill in guys. The problem is no one wants to work for a business that isn't large enough for all the benefits like 401K and health insurance. I can get them $100K/year and they still don't want to pay for their own health insurance or retirement.
  • canadjineh
    At least the fill in guys will give you a bit of a break. :/
  • sufferlandrian
    Did I hear you have fires up your way?
  • canadjineh
    Did I hear you have fires up your way?

You sure as heck did! 39,000 evac'd according to CBC Radio. Worst fire season in the past decade. We have been lucky in that the fires closest to us have been caught in time, but we still have a reception centre for evacuees who have been displaced in our direction. Smoke has been so heavy here though, that we have had air quality warning bulletins for the past couple weeks. I have had to wear a mask rated for particulates while at work and when off I'm pretty well staying in my air conditioned home. I shake my head at idiots who are running and cycling outside right now. :o Soot in the lungs negates the health effects of the exercise.
  • jennifer_417
    Floods, fires....I think the apocalypse is happening in Canada! Keep safe, @canadjineh !

It looks like I'll be going back to nights sometime in the next couple weeks, at the city zoo. Should be interesting!
  • canadjineh
    Nights at the zoo sounds AHHHHMAZING!! WTG, @jennifer_417.