Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    kcpk9ucaujfp.jpg
    sx0qk61uvw0x.jpg
    uv13ibij95k5.jpg
    I think I'm going to like working here.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    I have gone completely off the wagon. Peanut M&Ms, ice cream, PB&J sandwiches. I hate stress.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    OK, man! Happens to the best of us....This was only a blip, continue on as planned. Deep breaths.
  • jennifer_417
    It's raining here and it's making me sleepy. Anyone got some extra coffee?
    @sufferlandrian - I'd be happy to take some of those m&me off your hands! Hang in there, it'll get better!
  • canadjineh
    edited August 2017
    Rain??? What's that?? None in our forecast for the next two weeks and temps around 35C continuing. I'm praying for rain.
    Cute emu btw. And what's with the peacock? Is it crossed with an albino something or other?
  • sufferlandrian
    Finally got a ride in last night but had to do it indoors. We have clouds this morning but no chance of rain.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    @jennifer_417 That's so cool!!!

The weather around here is finally cooling down into the mid 80's and not humid :smiley: So glad the humidity is going down, it's been unbearable lately.
  • jennifer_417
    So, yesterday, a stray cat came running through here, and you would've thought it was a game of bowling for peacocks, the way they went flying in every direction. It was hilarious! I wish I had gotten it on video.
  • sufferlandrian
    That would have been hilarious. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Sounds like you have a fun gig, @jennifer_417.
  • sufferlandrian
    So I finished a 72 hour shift, walked out to my truck and the battery is dead. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    So I finished a 72 hour shift, walked out to my truck and the battery is dead. :frowning:

That sucks!
  • canadjineh
    Did you find someone to jump it or did your shift end at an awkward hour? Or do you have one of those handy emerg. battery boosters in your trunk?
  • canadjineh
    Last week's lemon sunrise (on my way home), this week's "Smoke on the Water" - same photo spot. Yuk, I feel trapped in my recirculated/airconditioned home or car except when I'm wearing a mask at work. I was planning on going out to the beach for a supper picnic, but no dice in these conditions. Summer will be over and I will have gotten to the beach for recreation only a couple times. Heavy sigh... *cough, cough*.
    v026xwy2qeie.jpg
    y8mw4v76gb52.jpg
    ndbkvogufbas.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    I keep a battery charger at work for our lawn mower battery or when client batteries die.
  • sufferlandrian
    $208 dollars later and I have a new battery. Or as Del from the auto shop in Bickelton would say, a "bat tree". :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Last shift at the Library before I move permanently to the zoo. I have to say I prefer the animals at the zoo...
  • sufferlandrian
    lol. My brother worked at the library when he was in college. Didn't much care for it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Do ever wonder why with all the political correctness these days they don't have a stripper or drag queen Barbie?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Do ever wonder why with all the political correctness these days they don't have a stripper or drag queen Barbie?

It probably won't be long...