Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    I want to see White Trash Barbie. :smile: 300 lbs and chained to the TV playing nothing but soap operas.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Isn't she already White Trash Barbie?? Just the 'barely post-pubescent' version in the Daisy Dukes?
  • sufferlandrian
    She's not 300 lbs and she doesn't come with a 1969 mobile home that has tornados welcome sign on it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    lg56o8alu67f.png
  • sufferlandrian
    That is HILARIOUS!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    I did that last week. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Spending the night running barium through a dog only to find at 3 AM we need to go to surgery. Wish I would have known that 3 hours ago.
  • canadjineh
    What did the x-ray show?
  • sufferlandrian
    Had a FB. We just got out of surgery. I couldn't tell if the Mr. Clean eraser or the wad of grass was the biggest problem. We removed them both.
  • canadjineh
    Ewwww! Poor thing! Mr. Clean eraser, you can clean tar off your chrome wheels with that thing! Surprised the cleaners didn't kill it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Rode a fund raiser ride yesterday. It was supposed to be 83 miles but the heat got to me and I pulled out at 65 rather than risk heat injury. It's still a metric century at just over 100 km. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    It's been weirdly cool here, especially for August, which usually sees a number of days in the 100s F. It's been between 75-85 during the day and in the 60s at night. I'm not complaining, but it is really unusual.
  • canadjineh
    WTG, @sufferlandrian good job on the century! Smart to pull out before there's a health problem. We had heavy winds last night and a huge willow fell across the trans Canada Hwy, blocking traffic and taking down power lines causing outages and long backups. Crews worked quickly on it since downed power lines can start instant fires and we don't have any moisture to slow them down. About 1 mm of rain fell for a half hour this morning - the first moisture in 45 days.
  • jennifer_417
    @canadjineh -that only confirms my suspicion that the apocalypse is beginning in Canada.
  • sufferlandrian
    We got your winds today. However, by the time they got here they had picked up enough moisture and smoke to start raining. It was nice to watch the rain fall for several hours. Temps fell from in the 90s to the 70s. It felt kind of cold. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    I totally fell off the wagon this weekend. It was delicious.

@sufferlandrian That's awesome!!

@jennifer_417 It's been on the cooler side of summer here too, well for central NC. Upper 80s-lower 90's with humidity that's mostly bearable. And more rain than years past. Usually by now, the grass is dried up and fires are an issue but not this year. I'll take it. I'm sure mother nature will sock it to us again before fall sets in.
  • jennifer_417
    So...I'm a moron. The guy I wrote the "Dear John" letter to a while back, we sort of got back together. But now I'm realizing it's really, really not going to work. He's a great person and I have nothing bad to say about him, but we don't see eye-to-eye on some things that are too important to overlook. So, now I have to do it all over again. It's painful for me, but it makes it so much worse knowing that I'm hurting him, too. Sorry if this is TMI, guys, I just had to say it somewhere.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    This hardly makes you a moron. Human, yes. You guys got back together bc you both maybe still had some feelings and there's nothing wrong with that :heartbreak: I'm sorry it didn't work out. Maybe he's also seeing that you guys don't see eye-to-eye on the important things and it may not be as hard. Boo.
  • canadjineh
    Jenn, I agree with Bethanie. You aren't a moron, it's good you can recognize another great person even if you don't see eye to eye on things. That's the main requirement in a good relationship, you need to be working together for similar goals. If you don't have similar goals then that person may be just the one to bounce ideas off of, or get an opposing view so you understand all sides - a friend but not a partner. You'll both be fine o:)
  • sufferlandrian
    Let me give you the guys perspective. It's going to hurt. He's going to wonder what was so bad that he wasn't right. Yes I did say that. However, better to do it now and be honest than to do it later and have him wondering why you waited so long to decide those things were too important to keep things going.

None of that makes you a moron. It might make you optimistic and a dreamer in some ways, but not a moron. It does make you.... dare I say it? Human. Dang it! Sometimes being human sucks. :smile: