Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    It's a sad statement when you have to guard animals in the zoo. Leave it to humans to pee in our own beds. Some people will ruin it for everyone.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Staying on campus at University of British Columbia for a couple of.days. I think I'll take a stroll to the beach tomorrow. Wreck Beach is clothing optional so I guess I better watch where I point my phone for photos. B)
  • sufferlandrian
    I wouldn't have guessed you would have one of those. The water there is only about 45 degrees in the summer. That's F not C. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Sunbathers mainly but the water is doable... We are off Point Grey facing the channel, not quite as cold as the west side of Vancouver Island and open ocean all the way to Japan. wreck-beach-no-gawking.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Avoid staring and gawking? Really?
  • canadjineh
    There's a polar bear swim on New Year's Day out here so summer's not so bad. I haven't done the NYD swim here but I have over the ice in our lake a couple times. It isn't always ice on the lake though. A bunch of friends and us go canoeing and kayaking on NYD as a tradition but only if it's sunny.
  • canadjineh
    Avoid staring and gawking? Really?

Avert your eyes and stare at your feet, lol.
  • kaygeebozzz
    kaygeebozzz Posts: 69 Member
    Shift three of five going down right now, it is waaaay too busy on the radio for it to be a weekday night though. Anyone else up and around?
  • sufferlandrian
    Yep. Shift 11 of 14. Pretty slow tonight.

@canadjineh - I've seen some of the clothing optional beaches. Some of those people should never be seen naked! Not even by themselves! Jaba the Hut should never go to a nude beach. :smile:
  • kaygeebozzz
    kaygeebozzz Posts: 69 Member
    While nude beaches aren't a thing here in NYC, you can go topless legally regardless of gender which makes summertime down here in Coney... interesting, to say the least.
  • sufferlandrian
    Then you can see who has the bigger boobs, the young women or the old men. :wink:
  • canadjineh
    Yep. Shift 11 of 14. Pretty slow tonight.

@canadjineh - I've seen some of the clothing optional beaches. Some of those people should never be seen naked! Not even by themselves! Jaba the Hut should never go to a nude beach. :smile:

Yeah the ones that run around in the buff, aren't.
    It's never the ones you'd WANT to see naked.
  • sufferlandrian
    That's why there is no staring or gawking. You're staring thinking, "Oh my goodness? Does your cardiologist know you look like that?" :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Hubby whispered in an aside to me after one old guy walked past us this afternoon that "he has an 'elk butt'" meaning that his butt was the only light part on him like the white butt patches on elk or whitetail deer. Made me snicker, but not til the old guy was out of hearing range. Probably white from sitting on it all day and not getting any sun on that area.
  • sufferlandrian
    That's hilarious! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    There are nights when I wonder if anyone would notice if I just skipped all my records and went on to the next day. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Just sent one of my better employees out the door. Her family is moving to Oregon. She will be missed. :frowning:
  • canadjineh
    Bummer, @sufferlandrian! Tell her she's not allowed to go until she finds a suitable replacement, lol.

I've been called to work a special event... Canada 150 Heritage Train!
    cpr.ca/en/community/canada-150/cp-canada-150-train
    Totally looking forward to this; my dad worked the rails when he first came over from Italy. Tradition!
    fyzm59z2znt3.png
  • canadjineh
    Bummer, @sufferlandrian! Tell her she's not allowed to go until she finds a suitable replacement. :'(

I've been called to work a special event.... CP Canada 150 Heritage Train. cpr.ca/en/community/canada-150/cp-canada-150-train
    Totally looking forward to that; my dad worked the rails when he first came over from Italy as a young man.
    ckhl7ymoot11.png

• sufferlandrian
    @canadjineh - That sounds really cool! Do you get to ride it or just watch it? Either way that would be cool. :smile: