Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    My last night on and then I get 4 nights off and a visit with family from Vancouver (Canada) and Virginia (US). Unfortunately no lake activities due to flooding :( ANNNND, there was another mudslide that closed down the Trans Canada Hwy early this morning just outside of town 50 km.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    You only think you have four nights off. You'll get called back in for emergency staffing needs. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    You are just evil, @sufferlandrian! Hehehe.
    Actually the mudslide took out a bridge. People are stuck on either side unless they want to take a 6 hr detour (not including the now 13 hr wait for the ferry) for what is normally a lovely 1 hr drive.
    saobserver.net/news/trans-canada-highway-closed-from-revelstoke-to-sicamous-due-to-washout/
  • sufferlandrian
    I keep seeing dogs that get into compost piles. The stuff growing in there can be quite toxic. I wish people would fence that stuff off.
  • canadjineh
    They probably think it's 'natural and green' how could it ever be toxic?? :#
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. It's getting chilly here tonight. Ran for some food and had to wear a hoodie.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    It's been on the chilly side here, too. I expected it to be a lot warmer by now, since we had several days in the Spring that approached 90F.

I'm not complaining!
  • sufferlandrian
    The sun is out, but it is still a bit on the chilly side. My dogs are doing well this morning. Most are going home. Yeah! That should make for happy owners.
  • sufferlandrian
    Anyone have one of those days when you think maybe being a homeless bum wouldn't be so bad?
  • jennifer_417
    Yep, I've had a few of those, @sufferlandrian. Hope it gets better, quickly.
  • jennifer_417
    xhy778xkbipq.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Just started pouring here. Glad I got my last round in when I did.
  • jennifer_417
    *peeks around* Hello? Anyone alive in here?
  • ImAJH
    ImAJH Posts: 392 Member
    *peeks around* Hello? Anyone alive in here?

Maybe
  • Play4number3
    Play4number3 Posts: 715 Member
    Hey!
  • ImAJH
    ImAJH Posts: 392 Member
    Hey!

Heya
  • Play4number3
    Play4number3 Posts: 715 Member
    What time is it there for you?
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2017
    Barely lol... Day (night) 5 of this week's shift and living on 4 & 5 hrs sleep per day doesn't work so well when you are over 25. I've got three days of busyness before we go away for a few days. Haircut, massage therapy, packing, etc. We had visitors from Virginia for the past week and of course, we've been running around taking them to interesting places.
  • canadjineh
    Is everybody else off work too, or just to busy to post?
  • jennifer_417
    Both! Miss you guys!