Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    FYI. That doesn't mean you can't be friends as long as you both can remember you're not going for a long term relationship. I'm still friends with most the women I got dear John's from. I just wouldn't say that when you talk to him. Let it happen if it does. Sometimes having a good friend to bounce ideas off of is better than a friend you are having a long term relationship with. There are no expectations when you are just friends.
  • sufferlandrian
    I've having one of those nights were if it wasn't for my family, I would walk out and try a different job somewhere else. Just a lot of cases that I have very little clue what is causing the problem so we are treating symptomatically. That's frustrating.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    We'll, the deed is done. He took it amazingly well, which is only further testament to what a great person he is. If anyone needs me, I'll be drowning my sorrows in pastry .
  • Franky_Felinius
    Franky_Felinius Posts: 6 Member
    Hey-ohhhhhhh! I'm back!
  • jennifer_417
    Hey-ohhhhhhh! I'm back!

Hiiii! We missed you!
  • Franky_Felinius
    But you saw my face on the regular this whole time! Are you saying my snarky behavior was missed? lol

I was asked earlier tonight "Do you have any idea how hard it is loving someone like you?" so I appreciate hearing that!
  • sufferlandrian
    Welcome back Franky! It's good to see you again.
  • Franky_Felinius
    Thanks!
  • Franky_Felinius
    Why do people have to make s#*t weird? This guy checked in the other day...I knew he was gonna be weird. A couple days later he stopped by the desk to show me some art he bought. I told him they were cool and thought that was the end of it. So tonight he comes down and I keep seeing him pass the desk looking for me (I stay hidden until someone approaches the desk). Finally he comes to the desk and tries making conversation while I act tremendously busy...then he goes "You like that one metal piece?" I said "Yes." and he goes "It's yours...I'll got get it." OMG, sir...why? I told him we are trying to downsize to move and we can't accumulate anything else but I appreciate the offer.

He retreated and I'm hoping he stays outta my hair for the remainder of his stay...

AWK-ward...
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    3rd shift checking in.. trying not to eat all the cookies in the break room
  • jennifer_417
    Oh no, you're not back at the same hotel, are you Franky_Felinius?
  • jennifer_417
    3rd shift checking in.. trying not to eat all the cookies in the break room

You got this!
  • Franky_Felinius
    Oh no, you're not back at the same hotel, are you Franky_Felinius?

Yes. :'( I needed something to pay the bills and one of their guys was quitting sooo.....

• Franky_Felinius
    I told them it isn't permanent but honestly I have no plans. Every job I've tried was a headache (not that this one isn't but I know I can tolerate it) and I can't think of a field that I can make a career out of...

My fiance and I have talked about starting a business but that will never happen...
  • jennifer_417
    Aww, well, you gotta do what you gotta do, and hey, we're here to keep you entertained!
  • sufferlandrian
    That's really awkward. Hope he doesn't ask you out on a date.
  • jennifer_417
    Ugh. Why are people so weird? I'm so glad I'm not doing customer service anymore.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    I'm glad I only have to speak with people by phone. That's beyond awkward!!

Glad to see you back!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm spent. Work is starting to feel more like the Shawshank redemption than a Career
  • jennifer_417
    Just finished all of my paperwork (including ordering books) for grad school, which starts next Wednesday. All that's left is buying supplies-the fun part! Also, I'm a little nervous.
    @sufferlandrian -any chance you can take a vacation any time soon? Hang in there!