Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Drunk Albertans.... It's not quite the same thing, lol. You'd have to be from BC to understand ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Found an apple and beef jerky in my stash. That should hold me over until I go home.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Gah, I had to come back to work this morning after a week off. Boo!! :lol:

I was super bad with the eating and tracking while I was off; I did gain 2lbs but after what I ate, I'm not going to complain one bit. I logged all my food yesterday and some for today.

I hit the state park near me Saturday and did gardening/planting yesterday. I already hit the gym this morning so I'm getting back on track quick.

@canadjineh Holy Hell!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's Monday and I'm already exhausted. More like STILL exhausted. This does not bode well for the rest of the week.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    This month, Monday is my Friday, lol. Yaaaay! <3<3<3
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, for like, 7 years, I've had one lone gray hair that hangs out somewhere near the crown of my head. This morning, I found 3 new ones. It's official, I'm getting too old for this.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    At 28 years old I started getting gray hair. Now at over a half century, I still have mostly dark hair. Maybe it's your job.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -you're probably right.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Haha grey hair... Luckily I am a blonde.... Just a lot lighter blonde than I used to be.
    Another major mudslide on the other side of the lake closed the hwy from about 9pm til at least 6am when the geotechnical guys do the survey. A couple vehicles shoved off the road but no one hurt. Luckily most vacationers had already started home. Town is dead right now because to get thru requires a long detour. So sick of rain.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I have sneaky gray hairs all over the place. My mom went grey early so it's no big surprise. I try to pull them out if they're obvious. 32 is too young for this mess :lol:

@canadjineh I hope things settle down soon and it dries out.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - Wow! That's a lot of rain. Two slides in a couple of days. I hope the forcast is calls for some dryer weather in the coming week.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    It's sunny again this morning.... but we have been having very heavy cloudbursts of pouring rain often this past week. That, and there is a lot of melting happening at the higher levels of the mountains. A week and a half ago there was still over 3 meters of snow in the mountains just on the other side of the lake. Snowmobiler heaven but not good when the temperatures are so variable, 15C yesterday but -2C the previous night.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @canadjineh -wow, your job keeps you hopping! Glad no one was hurt, but I hope everything drys out and there's not too much property damage.
  • canadjineh
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, it was sunny until about 1:30 pm then we had a sleetstorm although it was 12C, but we drove through that on the way to town where you could see wet patches of road where the isolated 'thundershowers' hit. Figures I pick this day to wear light green suede loafers with no socks, and a beautiful plush spring green wool blazer with no umbrella or rain jacket in the car. I only ended up sleeping about 4 hours this morning... tired now and went over my calories for today because I didn't feel like cooking. Made a salad & quickie ravioli for hubby and ate a lot of pepperoni & cheddar for my snack & dinner, and a glass of wine and a tiny bit of dark chocolate were involved . Still close to my macros, though. Not hungry at all for a snack, so I'll probably end up fasting again for 20 hours or so like the past couple of days.
    They got the slide from last night cleaned up and traffic moving OK this morning. Area seems relatively stable right now. Our guys are still onsite 24/7 til Friday at the original (houses) slide, then it will be reassessed. The houses have shifted downslope toward the road and the roof is now completely off the tan and brown home.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've spent the last 5+ years working nights from home. A computer glitch made it so I couldn't access the VPN and I actually had to come into the building to work :'( I thought I was going to have to text my boss and ask for the room number we work in because it has been so long since I spent any time in the building.

Man I'm spoiled :)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Working from home means you have to have a higher budget for jammies, lol.
    @slider728
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Working from home means you have to have a higher budget for jammies, lol.

I can tell you, I'm really missing my TV as background noise right now. It is so silent here. I think I am the only one here besides the janitorial staff.

Working from home, I have two type of outfits. In the winter when it is cool in the house, it is jeans and a tshirt. When it gets warmer in the summertime, its is shorts and a tshirt....lol

• canadjineh
    Options
    I have background music on in the patrol car (down low, of course) - local public radio station, and sometimes CBC Radio 1 which features BBC, Deutsche Welle, Australian Broadcasting corporation, NPR, etc.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm almost always listening to some kind of music or watching videos/Netflix. It just gets way too quiet otherwise.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    After things settle down here and the kiddos go to sleep, it's hard to stay awake and busy.