Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I'm just wiped out. I wonder if I can get the local hospital to put me in to an induced coma for a couple years.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm just wiped out. I wonder if I can get the local hospital to put me in to an induced coma for a couple years.

Sounds good to me...
    lbhqpyjllofq.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm definitely a flight risk today. :smile: Thanks. That was funny. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm a flight risk today lol. It's my last day for over a week. My hubs and I are going to wedding tomorrow so I took the next two days off. Then my mom is coming into town for a week. I can't wait; it's the first time I've been off for more than a couple days since last year. All my time off in the past 6 months has come bc someone was in the hospital.

In other news, I lost 3lbs. I haven't put in to MPF bc I don't want my macros to change but YAY!!!!
  • dpearson1614
    dpearson1614 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your week off, enjoy. This my first post on here but I been a 3rd shifter for years
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @dpearson1614 Thanks! Welcome! I was a nightshifter for 2 years but now I'm a daywalker :neutral:
  • dpearson1614
    dpearson1614 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like thirds for working. Frees up my day but I live on 4 to 5 hrs a day
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Welcome @dpearson1614. I've worked overnights off and on for 15ish years.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Day 14 in a row. I think the office furniture has finally accepted me as one of their own. It no longer seems to fight me when I'm sitting at my desk. Still not sure if the chair or the couch is the leader of the tribe.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Secretly, the desk is leader of your tribe. The chair and couch only play 'supporting' roles.
    Ugh, working with a major head cold right now. On meds, thank goodness they work.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    As long as they don't make you sleepy.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Nope... I took the daytime ones for work but when I get home in 2 hrs I'll be taking the night version to help with sleep. They've never been able to come up with the combo that works like the old cheap cold meds. Right now the effectiveness of the stuff I took just before work is starting to wear off. :/
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was doing that two weeks ago. With 14 hour shifts, it never lasts the whole shift. I end up taking more day meds about twice during the shift. One dose of the cold meds lasts all day though so I sleep OK. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the night shift and day shift for a 16 years it's called motherhood
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I've been doing the night shift and day shift for a 16 years it's called motherhood

O....k?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @Carbkiller1970... that's why I chose not to take that underpaid job, lol. Good for you though, I hope your family appreciates you.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @Carbkiller1970... that's why I chose not to take that underpaid job, lol. Good for you though, I hope your family appreciates you.

• jennifer_417
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Chill little dude I found on the sidewalk. I took him with me on my perimeter patrol. He never once tried to jump out of my hand. Ib786b0b7ic4a.jpg
    put him down after he started getting restless.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Probably enjoyed the heat for a little while. :smile: