Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    That's three nights in a row we've had to take something out of a dogs intestines. I sure hope this one does better than the one last night.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Gah, that's a lot of snow!! And that drop in temp is crazy, holy hell. Maybe the 4 days of rain we have coming isn't so bad, even though my yard is muddy and my dogs are filthy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Mud dogs! LOL. My favorite. :smile: I prefer the frozen ground. The dogs track less stuff in.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Mud dogs! LOL. My favorite. :smile: I prefer the frozen ground. The dogs track less stuff in.

Exactly, less mess for everyone!

So, I've lost 4lbs since Monday!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I saw your post that you lost more this week than in any single week for awhile. That's fantastic! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    q0e0h17rei8w.jpg
    Anyone else's area like this?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That' looks like here two days ago. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'd actually prefer that to what's happening tonight. Rain and sub-30F temps made the roads a sheet of ice. There was a 1/4" of ice on my car that took a hot minute to scrape off. My windshield wipers froze up halfway to work, so I couldn't see very well, plus I forgot to scrape my driver's side rearview mirror. It's a miracle I only made it to work 15 mins late.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's bad! Glad we don't have the ice. I'll take cold and snow any day. Ice really sucks. Especially from freezing rain.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Eastern freezing rain is way worse than cold and snow. It's gone down to -16C here tonight. Makes my body hurt :'( , I feel like I'm getting old. Time to morph into a snowbird maybe.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You are a snow bird for Canada. You would have to summer in the Yukon and Summer in British Columbia. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    After shaving a few years of my life by sheer fear, I am stranded at a motel, because I can't get home. Ice errywhere. Cars in ditches. It's a mess.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! That sounds like a mess. How long is that supposed to last?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    After shaving a few years of my life by sheer fear, I am stranded at a motel, because I can't get home. Ice errywhere. Cars in ditches. It's a mess.

Holeeeey Mackerel! Glad you are safe! Are you still stuck away from home or did you manage to get back later in the day? We have a couch in the office but luckily the two of us who live farthest out of town haven't had to use it yet (not together.... separately :o ).
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm home safe now. I think I'm gonna pack an emergency overnight bag to keep in my car just in case. The whole experience would have been a lot more tolerable if I had at least had clean underwear
  • canadjineh
    Options
    :D Just turn it inside out :D
  • sufferlandrian
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Life is always more tolerable with clean underwear. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally came down with the cold that is going around. Going to have to take a few days off from the bike.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Waiting for a big snowstorm some time tonight; lasting until Sunday morning. The mountains are expecting 15"-30" but we are only expecting 4"-8". The 50 mph winds will be the problem.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, I stopped at Walmart to pick up a couple things on my way to work last night. As I'm walking through the store, a random dude walks up to me and practically shouts, "I love a woman in uniform!" I assume he kept on walking because I basically darted around him.