Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    So, I stopped at Walmart to pick up a couple things on my way to work last night. As I'm walking through the store, a random dude walks up to me and practically shouts, "I love a woman in uniform!" I assume he kept on walking because I basically darted around him.

Sorry about that
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Also, it started raining about 4am, which makes me afraid we're going to have Icemageddon all over again this weekend.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I’m in Ireland a small bit of ice and the whole place grinds to a halt.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I wish it was like that here. Too many people just aren't smart enough to stay home when the roads are icy.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe how many people are on the road when there is a do not travel order.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Right!? Everyone thinks they are smarter than "The Man." Of course, I am not entirely immune to this myself, which I realized when my supervisor said (mostly joking), "You were the only one dumb enough to come this far w/o the the roads the way they are."
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I had the advantage (Sort of) in that I started work on Friday so I never had to travel during the storm. I never left work, but I didn't have to brave the roads either.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yep, @sufferlandrian, you 'n' me both. *cough, cough* I had to take Friday night off, I could hardly move I was so exhausted. Felt well enough for date night, previously scheduled Sat. Fancy Indian dinner, concert tickets to 54-40, and an overnight hotel stay with breakfast - good thing because it was snowing like stink that night anyhow.
    Welcome to @Smilin40! What's ur cawn?
    Heheheh, @jennifer_417 you should have quickly said, "So do I." That would've thrown him for a loop :D !

'And in other news...' I have a spanky new patrol car!! Ford Escape with all the bells & whistles (too many for my liking, lol). First drive was last night and mama, she goes! Through anything.... that Automatic Intelligent 4WD is awesome. Here's an updated photo of the infamous picnic tables at the University College dateline last night: And it was freakin' -24C when I got home at 6 am today! WTH! We need to be done with this.
    dfk6jqaow3gh.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's impressive. :smile: We got 17" this Saturday to Sunday. However, today was gorgeous with all sun and not a cloud in the sky. Only 14 degrees and heading for -12 F tonight. That's the same as you in BC. -24C. My commuter bike has been put away for the week as we aren't going to see anything close to 30 degrees F until Friday.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yes, looks like we pushed it over to you guys.... 17 inches! wow! We had a beautiful sunny day today and it did get warmer around -7C but back down to cold tonight.
    A week ago we went to the Winter Carnival (theme Wonderland) - my friend & I dressed up (our hubbies were duds and didn't this year :/ ).
    She was White Rabbit, I was Queen of Hearts. We both scavenged and made bits & pieces of our costumes cuz that's half the fun.
    yfqe0ip2junc.jpg
    tm8vsrlk7owk.jpg
    wif240a3b32b.jpg
    mevclqbvbfkh.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @canadjineh - you look gorgeous! Also, congrats on the new patrol car.

It's been raining all day here, and supposed to get into the 20s F tonight. It's gonna get ugly. But there's no where I have to be tomorrow so imma hole up in my room with my space heater until my family becomes concerned.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Thanks, Jen! Yeah, I'm thinkin' a duvet, a fireplace, Hot Buttered Rum (sweetener instead of brown sugar - low carb ;) ) with a bit of orange zest, and a tablet full of good books. Oh yah, forgot the thick cabin sox.
    5f0dv3dclq35.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Supposed to start warming up here. I think we are getting up to 20 degrees tomorrow. Sounds like it might be biking time again. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Somehow, the roads are dry this morning. Mysterious, but I'm not complaining! It's cold, though, so I'm still staying inside!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, it got colder than they thought. It was down to -9 last night. It only got up to 16 F today. Hopefully by next week I'll be back to commuting, but it's still a bit chilly with the wind chill.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    igslu4oyeuk6.jpeg
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yep... looks cold alright. Looks sorta like my place except the valley is much narrower (I don't mean the asphalt valley between the snowbanks either, lol)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's a beautiful place with wonderful people. Every place has it's bad eggs, but overall, the people would give you the shirt off their backs to help you out if you needed it. A few times this year we've had clients that heard about another client who was going to have a hard time paying for services so they wrote us a blank check and just said, "When you know the total bill, let us know how much it was.". Where else can you get such great people like that. It gives me faith in the human race again. Not absolute faith, but just enough to hang on. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Chilly commute in tonight at 19F. I used to get the strangest looks but I think people are getting used to it.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    "Oh.... it's him again." ;):D