Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    What ever happens to old fashioned drugs?? All this synthetic crap killing people
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Fake Pot? When pot is so easy to get, why would you? Is it just so you can say, "Look what I'm doing and it's legal so you can't do anything about it."?
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes that's exactly why - which up in IL they keep banning it, but then another company changes the brand or ingredients essentially making it "legal" again
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    joshua3179 wrote: »
    What ever happens to old fashioned drugs?? All this synthetic crap killing people

I'm with you on this one. :wink: The older stuff was much easier to treat than the new stuff.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous. They think because it is "legal", as harlequin stated...it's safer...ummmmm...NOOOOOOOOO ...smdh
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    and p.s. my daughter turns 15 today, so this crap scares me even more now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My daughter turns 15 the end of this month. She's currently grounded until the cows come home so I'm safe until they decide to come home. :smile:
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Energy drink withdrawls LOL
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    oh hot4fitness...it's too early to be suffering from withdrawals.....
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey 2 weeks ago and I am still going through withdrawls. Everytime I see one int he store I freak out LOL. And I even saw a sign to purchase 5 hour energy in order to support Breast Cancer What is up with that?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was once young. I worked all my shifts caffeine free. Now I'm old and tired and 110 hour weeks have taken their toll. I can go 2-3 shifts without caffeine but that's about it. I keep boxes of 5 hour energy drinks and cases of Zero Ultra Monster drinks at the office. I start my week caffeine free and by Sunday night I'm mixing 5 hour energy drinks in my Monster drinks.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I start off drinking one..maybe two large cups of coffee...by my 7th 12 hour shift...I'm drinking 3 pots of coffee...easily.
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    I did an 80 hour week once - the money was fantastic, but i would rather work 40 hours a week or less and have more time for friends and family...and sanity
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I work 7 on/ 7 off...so it's a nice set up for me.
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    good for continuity of care i guess lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I worked a 40 hour week. I think it was 2004. :wink: Emergency vets are hard to keep. They think they want to work emergency because it's not mundane and the pay is good. However, the hours are long and there is a lot of death. You work when your friends are asleep and sleep when the neighbor is mowing their grass. So they last about six months to three years and then they go back to day practice. So, those of us that stick around make good money but we work our butts off doing it. We just got a part time vet so now I'm down to 90 hours a week. I actually had two days off this week. I loved it! :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I work the ER..so it works. I've been at this awhile; had my share of a bit of everything. I like where I am settled and my role and autonomy.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    I start off drinking one..maybe two large cups of coffee...by my 7th 12 hour shift...I'm drinking 3 pots of coffee...easily.

When I first started working graveyard back in 2009, I would drink that amount too. Now I do 1 to 2 cups for my entire shift. Though I am not doing crazy 12+ hr shifts like some of you are. Just your normal 8hr ones. The weight loss played a role too. When I was heavier, before MFP, I needed more coffee to feel the effects.
  • harlequin0318
    edited December 2014
    Options
    and that ^ is why i decided to become a nurse and not a vet

ETA: in reference to suffer post
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I've been working nights off/on for over 15 years. I prefer nights. As for the coffee, I didn't start drinking it until about 4 years ago. Now...I just like coffee.. I can drink it and fall asleep 15 minutes later...lol