Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a major coffee drinker until I started working nights. When I worked days I would drink a ton of the Monster energy drinks sufferlandrian mentioned. 2 to 3 an hr and would still be able to fall asleep immediately after!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I still don't like the smell or taste of coffee, but my affection for dark chocolate has definitely increased.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you dark chocolate for coffee any day, suffer....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Deal Lady, you take the coffee and I'll take the dark chocolate. It's been a day and it's not over yet. I've spent more time taking things like sewing needles out of animals today than I did all of November. So far, every one is doing great! :smile: I love surgery. :smile:
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sewing needles? who sews anymore - it's all about crotcheting now!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    You definitely love the OR, suffer...lol...

It has been a day. I will give you that.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I lost my other vet for a couple of weeks. He had to go to Indiana to take care of personal stuff but I'm very grateful for the two days I had off last week. He will be back by Christmas though so that will definitely be a bonus this year. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I'm glad for you, you need the break!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sewing needles? who sews anymore - it's all about crotcheting now!

Apparently there are two people that still sew. One on Friday and another tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    In all fairness, the one Friday was an embroidery needle.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    embroidery needle, sewing needle....apparently someone needs to put their needles up...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The one gal said she usually puts the needles in a plastic container and she thought, I'm just running to the kitchen, it will be OK. She got back in time to see the needle hanging from the cat's mouth. When she went to grab it, the cat swallowed it. :frowning:
  • _SandShoveller_
    _SandShoveller_ Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cats are dumb . . . . that proves it!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Well....I have to agree with SandShoveller on this one....I'm not too fond of the kitties
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It depends on the cat. Calico cats seem to be the worst. Silver Tabbies are generally really nice cats and fun to work with. My favorite cats are Orange male Tabbies. They are usually quite affectionate and easy going. They do tend to scrap with other cats quite a bit though so I see them in here with abscesses quite a bit.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've never noticed a correlation between color of cats and personality - I've had all kinds of cats flip out when they came in, and the scars to prove it unfortunately
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Cats are dumb . . . . that proves it!
    They are likely just "playing" dumb and are actually plotting to kill you.
    classicfun_ws_picdump_no4_23.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lol, I've never noticed a correlation between color of cats and personality - I've had all kinds of cats flip out when they came in, and the scars to prove it unfortunately

I've been hospitalized twice for feral cat bites. The one time I was in surgery within an hour trying to save my hand.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lacroyx - That is hilarious! :laugh: