Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty slow weekend. Hoping things will pick up today.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping things stay S & Q tonight. You keep the busy over there for awhile, suffer...lol
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Night shift here, my job is boring as I'm basically just edit, reading a screen and listening to dictation all night makes for a long night when you don't get enough sleep, sometimes I miss work where I can get up and move around, but on the plus side I'm working from home and I have a job, so I really shouldn't complain. Hope everyone is nice and awake! I'm off to start my shift....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If it gets any slower here I'm going to go visit the morgue for excitement.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. As soon as I typed that, all kinds of things came through the door. I like that better. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Keep it over there, suffer.....
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this thread...I'll be working 5 nights in a row, Dec 24-28. *Sigh*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lost the cancer patient but everyone else is doing well.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Are we going through another full moon? I've got a crazy lady haunting me. Once a week she calls and comes up with a reason she is going to take legal action. I wasn't even the clinic that worked on the animal this time.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    LMAO....poor suffer....can't get enough patients...and then you get crazy ladies....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I left a message for the clinic that did the work this time and I'm interested to hear what they do. They have been trying for three weeks to get her to settle down. We finally had to fire her and tell her she can't use the emergency services any more. If she has an emergency after hours she will need to drive the two hours to the next clinic or wait for Monday when her regular vet opens.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    oh wowzers...
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Finally have a break in the action - it's been 2 weeks of crazy here. Must be flu season...
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Flu is HORRIBLE this year - I know this because not only have I seen it in my ER...I've had it.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Eww, I'm so sorry! I've heard on the news that the mandatory flu shot I got this year may only be 50% effective. Joy.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    My NP asked if I rec'd the flu shot - I told her no..she said that's why I got the flu..I called her out on the statistics so far...she wisely shut her trap. I think it's WAY higher than 50% non-effective.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Joining in tonight - haven't been here in a while. I read that this years flu vaccine did not include the most popular strain that is going around this season
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    @harlequin0318 - you are SO right.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    But i can't remember which strain it is for the life of me....i think its H1N1-something, or H1N3-something. who knows - i did not get my shot either lol
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    I don't like getting the shot, but my hospital makes it mandatory. No shot = no job