Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    uh huh..... Driving my baby 35 in 4WD on Interstate 20....and seeing a graveyard of cars in the median was not...star trek material
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Hey, not every star survives. There will be some solar system debris on the way. Remember that the brighter and faster you burn, the quicker you die. That's why you went nice and slow.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Hell yes, I did.... I know better. And now..it's the night everyone fears in an ER.... it's either Q and S because everyone is smart and stays home or it's balls to the wall because idiots decide to venture out for that oh so important slurpee.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    At least it's not like last night and they are out because they are drunk. We've been crazy busy today and I'm loving it. We are fixing pets and sending them home. At the rate we are going, I'm going to put in a drive through window. Small dog vomiting? Just swing by the window and drop him off. We'll call you when we have it stopped and you can drive through and pick him up. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    ohhh...My Dane is better btw... blood drawn..he's on meds for his stomach and changed his feed.....thank you :) ...he's back up to 100 pounds.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah!!! :smiley:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I owe you a consulting fee....we can discuss teenage daughters...lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. If someone didn't know what we were talking about, that would sound really bad. :wink:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    BWahahahahaha....eh..who cares..we know..that's all that matters...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. Yep. Welcome back.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Thank you. You back to working never ending hours?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No. I had the last two nights off and I'll have this coming Tuesday and Thursday off. Tuesday I'm going to go backcountry with my XC skis and Thursday I'm going downhill skiing all day. I love the snow. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    YAYAYAYAYA - you need the time off!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Poor dog was tracking a mountain lion and got away from the owner. He used the other dogs to track her down and but by that time her temp was so low it wouldn't even register on the thermometer. We are heating her up now with 2.5% dextrose and an IV with a fluid warmer. What do you guys do for Hypothermic patients in human medicine? I know if I heat her up too fast she'll go DIC so we aren't pushing a lot of heat but we are pushing dextrose so she has energy to heat up.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Bair Hugger....(forced warm air blankets), warmed D5 IVF.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We have a Bair Hugger but I worry about DIC if I heat them up to fast. Do you have problems with DIC? Disseminated intravascular coagulation?
  • tinydancer2015
    Options
    :)
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I know what DIC is...lol..
    You always worry about DIC with severe shock/trauma - and hypothermia is a common factor involved in those. As for the bair hugger themselves causing the DIC - I honestly can't say that I have heard of it being specifically related to that in humans.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, I'm 15 hours into my shift and it's time to start the caffeine. I could really use a milky way ice cream bar about now. :frowning:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    NO you don't.....You need your mix....