Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Now who's gonna bring us our umbrella drinks!?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    On this edition of "I Hate Almost Everyone"

Male and female soliciting money for Wounded Warriors. Except they weren't.

They make $16K a month, asking for donations in the name of Wounded Warriors and pocket the money.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OK, I've got a story that might restore a little bit of your faith in humanity.

So, I have a really bad habit of letting my gas tank get really low before I fill up. I haven't run out of gas in years, but this morning, it finally caught up with me. About 1/4 mile from my exit, I ran out of gas. No choice but to hoof it and hope they have gas cans for sale, too. Of course, it's raining, but thankfully it's not too cold and I have an umbrella in my car. So I'm walking on the shoulder, and a truck pulls over. The guy asks if I need help, and I say I'd love a ride to the gas station. He starts to tell me to get in, but then remembers that the passenger side door doesn't work. He has a gas can, though, and offers to get me some gas. I thank him and tell him I have $5 in my wallet, which would get me enough gas to get home. I walk back to my car. He pulls up behind me and puts gas in my car in the pouring rain, insisted that he was used to getting wet when I tried to hold my umbrella over both of us but it proved to small. He wouldn't even take any money for the gas.

I'll bet he would've opened the jar for me.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @jennifer_417 That is pretty awesome
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer - OK. We won't eat him. He's a really nice guy.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Nice guy, Jenn! Restores one's faith in (some) humanity. Off to work in 1/4 hour or so, last night before a bit of a vacay with hubby. 37th Anniversary. We are Hot Spring-ing it. Only problem getting married in March, not the best weather month (except maybe cherry blossom festivals in Japan) skiing can be iffy, but hiking still has too much snow. And prices go up for Mardi Gras, Spring Break, or Easter. :/
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Yay vacation!! You can always celebrate it earlier or later depending on what kind of activities you want to do.
  • bethanie0825
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The most magical time ever...spring forward!!!!

Our fraud couple are def frauds...different names and SSN were found when we searched their house. Hopefully this will put a dent in their scheme, at least for a little while
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I'm getting old. I don't handle these 68 hour shifts as well as I used to. Maybe I'm just becoming resistant to Caffeine. That would be a bummer.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Caffeine is my life blood
  • jennifer_417
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I don't think anyone could handle 68-hr shifts on any kind of long-term basis very well. There ain't no S's on any of our chests!

How's your wife holding up?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    68 hour shifts.... I'd be hallucinating long before then.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - I'm glad those guys got busted. That kind of thing really hacks me off.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks! New nightshifter here. Whee!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Hi!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hello @TheArchyBunker . Welcome! We're a pretty cool bunch, you're welcome to hang out with us.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! Heat wave coming. We're supposed to be up to 44 by next Sunday. I may have to strip off some of my riding clothes and carry then in a saddlebag.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It was like 60 yesterday. I was so happy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    37 here today. It was really nice riding in. Only had one car honk at me. My thought is, "If you don't want to pay to put in a bike path, don't get mad when I ride on the road." We've tried to increase the gas tax to pay for bike paths and it was voted down every time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Had some guy aim for a puddle to splash me on my bike ride to work. I heard him coming so I was able to turn my face away. The rest of me was covered.