Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, I finally managed to lose some actual weight! 2.6 lbs down this week!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I guess it's a good thing for the overall functioning of the world that many of us enjoy it!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I prefer night shift :+1:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    Yeah night shifters! :smile: Go team go!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Yeah night shifters! :smile: Go team go!

Woot woot!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate the public school system. It's a breeding ground for every respiratory virus in the world and my kids feel the need to come home and show me what they contracted in school today.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    They're the worst for spreading germs! I worked at a daycare some years back, and I got 5 sinus infections in 8 months. Hope you (and your kiddos) feel better!

• jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm finding it very comforting to sit at my kitchen table with a mug of hot tea. Tonight it's vanilla spice chai. It's 12°F outside and I'm really glad I'm not out there right now. @canadjineh - I don't know how you do it!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's -9 degrees F tonight so riding indoors again. I don't mind the cold, but my laptop does. I killed one keyboard already this season. At least it wasn't the whole computer. The keyboards are detachable. :smile:

Did you ever notice how some people get on here and complain about night shift? Why? It didn't say whiney blog. I hope they weren't looking for sympathy.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's -9 degrees F tonight so riding indoors again. I don't mind the cold, but my laptop does. I killed one keyboard already this season. At least it wasn't the whole computer. The keyboards are detachable. :smile:

Did you ever notice how some people get on here and complain about night shift? Why? It didn't say whiney blog. I hope they weren't looking for sympathy.

You'd think they'd see the posts and realize we don't mind working nights.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    It's been the coldest Feb here in just over 80 years. It was -22C yesterday morning when I got home at 5:45. I'm tired of long johns! Children are just bug breeders, lol. Everyone I know who has kids in school is always sick.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We are supposed to be above zero for the rest of the week. I think I’m going to try riding to work. :smile: Might try throwing a warming disc in my saddle bag though. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Warming disc in your saddle, lol, you get the hot seat. Urrrrgh, craving a really good, habanero hot, very dry pepperoni but I try not to eat after about 1 am..... That way I can intermittently fast for 16/8. Lately I've been fighting stress with waaaay too much junk and cheese, constantly grazing between 10 pm and 3 am. Gotta stop or I will need new uniform pants.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    It's been the coldest Feb here in just over 80 years. It was -22C yesterday morning when I got home at 5:45. I'm tired of long johns! Children are just bug breeders, lol. Everyone I know who has kids in school is always sick.

I was going to complain about it being cold where I am but nevermind :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Finally figured out how to get the gas fireplace lit, so I have a nice, cozy fire. In other news, I've had a jar of artichoke hearts in my fridge for a week, unable to use them because I could not open them. Sooo, even though I felt dumb and embarrassed, I asked the guy who was here installing a modem at my house to open it for me. I retrospect, I could've chosen my words better. I said, "I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I live here by myself....and....I've got a jar I can't open." I can't imagine how he thought that sentence was going to end.

Guys, how he kept a straight face, I don't know. But he opened the jar and now I have delicious artichoke hearts.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Ah, nothing like a vehicle chase to get the blood flowing
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Gather round for a quick story

Sgt starts chasing a motorcycle and chases it into a neighboring city. Gets a look at the plate. Loses sight of the bike. All sorts of LEO descend into the area and find the bike. The tag has been removed (it doesn't come back to the bike anyways). K9 track is unsuccessful. We call for a tow bc "Run and Done" AKA you run, we seize.

Fast forward about 45 mins. My partner takes a 911 call for a stolen motorcycle from none other, than the suspect. See, we went to the apartment that the plate came back to and found the plate owner. Who, confirmed that the suspect had contacted him about being too intoxicated to drive home, but drove anyways. Suspect returned to where he left from and called us.

He will now be housed at the local county B&B
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Bethanie - LOL. Thanks for the humor. I love drunk criminals. What about the plate owner? Was he aware the plates were stolen?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Rode my bike in to work. Couldn't help it. It got up to 27 degrees F today. :smile: Ask me again in the morning if I still think it's a good idea.