Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    We had a carbon monoxide sensor chirping two days ago. We checked every smoke detector before realizing it was coming from the fireplace mantle. It wasn't the batteries so had to get another one.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Haha, batteries in the junk drawer are notorious for being a century old :D
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yep second guess is CO detector if you have one. Ours does the reminder chirp too, except it always seems to chose to start when we've been asleep for a couple hours. Freak-out time!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Being the president of the Forever Alone Club, I usually find Valentine's Day to be a bit annoying, at best. This year, it barely registered on my radar. Until one of my coworkers brought me and the other (female) security guard roses and chocolate covered strawberries. Made my day!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think my wife tried to do something special for valentines day. I was too tired after long shifts. After the last few years, not too many holidays mean anything for me. It's just another long shift.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Surprise Surprise Surprise. It's snowing in Montana. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    The weather has been nasty here. Rain turning to a malicious mix of sleet, snow, and frozen rain. Ugh.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate the mixed stuff. Either crap or get of the pot and give someone else a turn. It either needs to warm up and rain, or cool down and snow.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm tired and it's raining and just above freezing (AGAIN) and this house is too quiet and I'm trying not to eat all the Zebra Cakes in my pantry.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    I think I may be up too late when the nightshift thread pops up. Wish I had some zebra cakes though.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, I'm sad, but I guess that's obvious from my above post.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I think I may be up too late when the nightshift thread pops up. Wish I had some zebra cakes though.

I would totally give you some Zebra Cakes if you were here!
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    well I'm a month and a half into steady night shift....so much better when there are no supervisors around
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    One of my favorite things about night shift!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm tired and it's raining and just above freezing (AGAIN) and this house is too quiet and I'm trying not to eat all the Zebra Cakes in my pantry.

They are amazing from the freezer lol. Like ice cream cake :+1:

My mom is in town this week so I'm going to try and be good on the food front but no promises lol
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Zebra Cakes?? Give me all the Oreo's.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    We had a nice dry day here in California, but far to cold by California standards.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I only like Oreos sometimes, but anything with whipped cream or similar texture? Gimmee!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I saw a bowl of milk with a stack of Oreos next to it. The caption was Oreo Baptismal Font. :smile: I'll take the oreos any day.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How are you doing tonight Jen?