Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    LOL. I know what I would spend it on. I would take my wife to dinner and have a very nice dinner for two and a good tip. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, since I lack a wife to take out for a nice dinner, I think I'll just sock it into savings for now, unless or until I think of something really cool to spend it on.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    No worries, Jen. Anything on this thread is not a hijack... we are all night workers and it's all about our lives. This is just a part of that. Wishing you peace and a clear head while you navigate both grieving and arrangements. It's tough. I've been an executrix before for friends who've died from cancer.

I second this. Vent away, share away.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, when I got home this morning, the smoke detector was going off. No smoke, no smell of fire. It would shut off for a while, then go off again. I was on the verge of calling the fire department, because I couldn't figure out what the problem was. It took me a whole hour to figure out that it needed a new battery. -.-
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, the floor cleaning guys at work have set off about 48568463846 alarms because they keep propping the doors open. So, alarms for everyone!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's been a really busy weekend everywhere lol. We've been busy with drunks, fights, wrecks...and all drama bombs with some of the same people over and over again. Peeps are ridiculous
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We've all been having a weekend. Came to work sick on Friday heading into a 62 hour shift. Starting to feel human again. Starting to feel bad about saying "F** a duck" when I found cancer in their dog. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ha, I've been trying to stop swearing for like 10 years. It's awful.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's getting harder to switch the swearing off when I go home. The staff used to be surprised when I swore. Now they expect it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was thinking of getting a new mask for riding in the cold. It has a magnetic clip to the goggles to seal them so the goggles don't fog. I saw the 200 dollars for the goggles and 100 for the mask and decided spring isn't that far away. :smile: I'll ride with my old mask and use antifog cream in the goggles. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I thought that as I grieved my mom's passing, that the house would feel too big. Instead, I feel too small. Is that weird?
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Hope your hanging in there.

It was a very busy week for me last week. Hoping to get caught up from all the shenanigans.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jenn - Nope, not weird at all. And it won't be weird when you switch to the house is too big at some point. It will go back and forth. And then it will switch to just too many memories but you can't leave because of the memories. Hang in there. It's a confusing process.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Dangit, I almost made it through the day without crying.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I don't think I mentioned it, but just by happenstance, my roommates (married couple with a toddler) moved out the day before my mom died. So, I have had a 3-bedroom house to myself for like a week now. I've been kind of rearranging things to suit myself, which is nice. But dang, it's quiet.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Except for the FREAKING SMOKE DETECTOR that keeps going off. I guess it wasn't the battery? I'm might call the landlady tomorrow,because I can't figure out what the problem is.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Except for the FREAKING SMOKE DETECTOR that keeps going off. I guess it wasn't the battery? I'm might call the landlady tomorrow,because I can't figure out what the problem is.

It's sooo annoying, holy hell

I have a week before I go back to nights, I cannot wait.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds obvious, but the new battery you put in is fresh, right?? And the poles are in the right way? Only asking because it has happened to me with my work flashlight. And with mental distraction anything can happen.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hmm, that's a good question. I don't know, tbh. I found it in the junk drawer, so there's no real way of telling. I'm pretry sure I got it in the right way.