Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Today I had a dentist appointment, a counseling appointment, and I visited a new church. My little introvert soul is worn out, lol.

Other than that, I'm getting along about as well as can be expected.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    That's a lot for a night shift worker. Hopefully it's something a Zebra cake can help with.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Being that my mental energy is somewhat limited lately, I was totally worn out, by the time I got home, lol. Also, I'm out of Zebra Cakes! I solved it all by going to bed early.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, done. I would have stopped by the store on my way home and got more. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I legit almost stopped and bought a whole cake on my way home tonight, but I realized it'd lead to a binge if I did. 😥
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy. I got a call from my wife. Her brother had a massive stroke and has passed away. It's the first relative she has lost. She is going to be struggling for awhile. Her mom is really struggling. She is not in good health so I'm afraid I may get another phone call any day.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm so sorry to see this. Will pray for your wife and family, and you.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Thanks Jenn, Don’t really need the prayers myself. I’ve lost so many family members I’m an old hat at this. My wife on the other hand could use all the help she can get.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Jenn, Are you back to work yet?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I am. I took one day off, and the following two day were my regular days off. I was ready to go back after not leaving the house for 3 days. It's never really been a good thing for me to sit around the house, I just fruitlessly mope.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Glad you’re back at work. It gives you something to keep you occupied.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 I hope you're doing well lady
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's been a rough day. My mom's death is finally starting to really hit home, I think.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Heading back in to sub zero temperatures. I’m going to wimp out this time. I’m not riding my bike to work. March is right around the corner and I’ll get back to riding then. I rode last year even when it was down to -20, but my bones hurt more this year.

@Jenn - I’m really sorry for what you are going through. 20 years later, there are still days I miss my dad and can’t help but cry. The tears come fewer times as the years go on, but the memories never fade. I’m grateful my memories are of happy times with my father. I hope that yours will be as well.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm finally back on night shift. I worked days yesterday so it'll be a long night for me but I got this.

@jennifer_417 I'm sorry. When my dad died, the pain would come in waves. I'd be alright and then it would just roll right over and thru me. Let the waves come and go. *hugs*
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Gah Pinterest isn't keeping me busy enough. Facebook isn't either. I have 90 mins to go and my sanity it slowly slipping away bc all I wanna do is sleep
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I just posted a pic of me looking dumb in a face mask on Instagram, perhaps that can keep you entertained for an extra 2 seconds?
  • jennifer_417
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - hope you got some awesome sleep.

Weather here is 50F and sunny, can't complain at all.

What I WILL complain about is that, for some reason, I feel like total garbage. I don't think it's a cold, maybe just stress. Either way, it's no fun. I also have a toothache. Maybe the two are connected? *shrug* dunno.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, I have a cold sore on the very corner of my mouth that makes eating difficult because I can't open my mouth very wide. And, since eating is pretty much my favorite thing, it's making me cranky.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    A whole 3.5 hours :+1: Don't be jealous

That was a cute pic! I hide when I have a face mask on lmao. I'm not nearly brave enough.