Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I could use a nap about now...too bad I'm on camera...
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday evening everyone.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, my mom died this afternoon. I'm still in shock.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    So, my mom died this afternoon. I'm still in shock.

Omg, I'm sorry to hear... :cry: :heartbreak:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer - What!? What happened?
  • jennifer_417
    edited February 2019
    Options
    She was in the phone with her sister, told her she'd be right back, put the phone down, and never picked it back up. Her sistee eventually called the police to check on her, and when they came, they found her dead. They called me at work to tell me. They're not sure, but I think it was probably a heart attack.
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    She was in the phone with her sister, told her she'd be right back, put the phone down, and never picked it back up. Her sistee eventually called the police to check on her, and when they came, they found her dead. They called me at work to tell me. They're not sure, but I think it was probably a heart attack.
    😥
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. That's really sad. I'm glad she didn't suffer but that sure didn't give you any time to prepare. You have my sympathies.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Oh man.....so sorry to hear that, Jen! My condolences. It's always a shock even if someone's been sick.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thanks, guys. It's going to take a while to get the house/affairs, etc settled, but thankfully I can just stay here while I do it. I can afford to live here alone for more than a few months, but at least it gives me some cushion and I can work at a moderate pace.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I don't envy you on this. Settling affairs is like pouring salt in a wound. Be prepared. Some places can be heartless when it comes to debt. Feel free to vent on here or you can PM me and vent. I know I can't help with the paperwork. However, sometimes it helps to have someone to vent to.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    New iPhone. Just kept the old one close to the new one and it loaded all my stuff for me. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    #fancy lol!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I don't envy you on this. Settling affairs is like pouring salt in a wound. Be prepared. Some places can be heartless when it comes to debt. Feel free to vent on here or you can PM me and vent. I know I can't help with the paperwork. However, sometimes it helps to have someone to vent to.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You're welcome. It's been 25 years since my father passed away. I still miss him. The pain never goes away, you just get used to it and it doesn't come as often. Sorry you're going through this. Hope you have some help with arrangements.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Today's been tough emotionally. I think I've been in shock until now. It there's one thing I've learned about grieving, it's that you have to let the pain come and go as it will. Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread, this is just my life right now.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    No worries, Jen. Anything on this thread is not a hijack... we are all night workers and it's all about our lives. This is just a part of that. Wishing you peace and a clear head while you navigate both grieving and arrangements. It's tough. I've been an executrix before for friends who've died from cancer.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's not hijacking the thread. Like Canadjineh said, this thread is about what's happening to us. I think that's a big thing. I totally get the shock thing. Hang in there. It will get better with time, but not quickly.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I was going through my mom's wallet today looking for her social security card, and found $125. I have a dark sense of humor sometimes, and I laughed thinking about what you would even spend that on...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Couldn't help but laugh about the $125. Sounds like my 93 yo MIL. She is quite active yet although tiring out and she feels the need to keep over $100 cash in her wallet at all times - even though she lives in a senior residence where all food, a lot of entertainment options, and transportation is provided. She tends to buy crap from the dollar store, and the cheapest red wine she can find at the liquor store for an afternoon 'coffee break' when she goes shopping.