Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Certain oils that work on people are dangerous for pets. Bad ones for dogs are: Wintergreen, pennyroyal, tee tree, citrus, cinnamon, pine, ylang ylang. These are bad for cats too, plus clove and eucalyptus. Even diffusers can make them sick.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I knew about the clove and eucalyptus. I didn't know about the others. That's good to know. Thanks. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Good to know!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have had pretty good luck with tea tree oil for various skin issues, but yeah, I think if I try it on my scalp again, I might mix it with coconut oil. Hopefully it'll even out the smell a bit. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do it again, though, because it actually seems to have irritated my scalp some.

I have mixed some into my shampoo and just shook the bottle really good before I use it. Walmart also sells a tea tree shampoo which is what I use now. I still have to use dandruff shampoo occasionally. Use Dawn dish soap, it'll get all the oil out and hopefully, the smell :+1:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Beauty-Tea-Tree-Mint-Shampoo-33-8-Oz/810479123?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=4458&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9009690&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=810479123&wl13=4458&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-JXiBRCpARIsAGqF8wVX51l7YjCj1fwJCoCWfFi_q1QRGVnhH8udkFBbA0DaB5XYHVoidIcaAl4EEALw_wcB
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I wanted to go on a bike tour of Loch Ness Scotland in September of 2020. However, I looked at the weather and had to change plans. Scotland is COLD in September. Looking like June now.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Too cold for YOU to bike in?? Makes me shiver just to think about. Sounds like a beautiful trip, though!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's not that I couldn't bike in the cold. However, if I'm going to pay to go on vacation, I want ideal weather. Temps in the 50s in the morning, high 60's in the afternoon. Light winds and clear skies. :smile: That's Loch Ness in June. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I will never buy exercise equipment powered by iFit again. This Proform TDF is a nice bike, but the iFit has been a nightmare.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's not that I couldn't bike in the cold. However, if I'm going to pay to go on vacation, I want ideal weather. Temps in the 50s in the morning, high 60's in the afternoon. Light winds and clear skies. :smile: That's Loch Ness in June. :smile:

That weather sounds much better than what it'd be in September
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Expecting 5 inches of snow and high winds. I confess, I cheated and drove to work. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Expecting 5 inches of snow and high winds. I confess, I cheated and drove to work. :smile:

You gettin' soft? 😉
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I think I will hit the road on the bike this weekend. We are expecting 75 degree weather. Need to start training anyway for the 75 mile race I have in April.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, I'm looking for some in-home care for my mom while we're transitioning her to assisted care. I know she's not gonna love it, but with a full time job and school, I just don't know how I would do it all!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I can't imagine how hard it is juggling it all. I hope everything goes well!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Jenn, I just can't imagine. The only reason I can do what I do is because of a wife that should be a saint, and she's not even catholic. I don't know what I would do without her. If you don't have that kind of help, I don't know how you do what you do. Hang in there.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have had some incredibly helpful people on hand, actually, but they are needing to move on to other things with their lives and can't help me or my mom any more. (I totally understand and we are on great terms still). But that leaves me, so I'm bringing in backup, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hey, at least you have a plan. I meet people every day who have problems and no plan. Good for you.
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah, I've been that guy faaaaaar too often. I'm finally getting some brains knocked into me, I guess. I'm extremely grateful that my mom has the resources to hire someone, I know a lot of people don't have that luxury.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I thought knowing someone is coming in June would make it easier to pull these long weekends. I think it has become harder. I find myself thinking about what I could do with more free time and then remember I don't have any yet.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checkin' in. Too busy with ill parents similar to you, Jen. Plus I don't have a whole lot of time during my shifts these days.