Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    :lol: bahahaha
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - I hear ya about day shift. Although my night shift as of late have been much more busier than normal.
  • EricL1144
    EricL1144 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Moving to night shift soon 🙈
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome Eric. Glad to have you. Not sure why but tonight it seems like peoples pets have been sick for four days and not at 8 PM Sunday night it's an emergency. The owner of the chow called with a dog in labor for three hours. She was told to come in. Six hours later she shows up. At least we saved one puppy. The other was already dead and she only had two. The Dachshund has been vomiting for four days. Had to go in and get some plastic out of the intestines. Could have been worse. The intestines weren't dead. I'll give the Boston owners credit. When the deer kicked their dog and opened the rump wide open, they came right in. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - sounds like an eventful night! I'm glad it turned out mostly ok, except for the poor little pupper, of course.

@EricL1144 -welcome!

I'm glad we're getting some more peeps in here!
  • EricL1144
    EricL1144 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
  • lonelystaarr
    lonelystaarr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey night people ☺️
  • devriesna
    devriesna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New to the nightshift thread but been on nightshift for 2 years. How is everyone tonight?
  • lonelystaarr
    lonelystaarr Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I’m great. How are you?
  • devriesna
    Options
    I’m Good, just ready for 0600 already lol been running round since I got here.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    Evening everyone. All is well on my front......So far. Been a crazy few weeks. Its a rainy night for once. Hope that calms everyone down and nobody does anything outrageous. Welcome to Eric, Lonelystaar and Devriesna
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Last patrol shift tomorrow, then to my new post on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Welcome, noobs!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hi Guys! Slow night tonight. It's nice for a change. Slept through both my alarms tonight. Fortunately the wife woke me and I made it on time. :smile: Woke up 30 minutes before I was supposed to leave. Got a shower, dressed and dinner at record pace. :smile:
  • devriesna
    Options
    Maybe you sent it here, it’s been pretty busy. Last night wasn’t too bad but today I’m tired of running everywhere.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not giving up my slow night. :smile: It's slow enough tonight that I'm going to get a chance to jump on the exercise bike and get in a few miles. :love:
  • devriesna
    Options
    As long as someone gets a nice relaxing night :)
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hello all fellow night shifter here. Been Living the Keto lifestyle for a couple years now and love.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    So we here at the office are a little superstitious. We tend to not shine our boots cause the moment we do, we get a call out in the dirt and goop that ruins the nice shine job. Well due to an upcoming inspection, this very morning to meet the new Sheriff, I broke down and shined the HELL out of my boots. Well that upset the boot gods and the
    rest was history......
    qpin302ys0k4.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Dead_Mans_Party - LOL. Never upset the boot gods. It's the same as around here when someone says, "Wow, we've had really good clients today." You know the next one is going to be a bad one. :smile:
  • devriesna
    Options
    Yep, we don’t say anything that relates to a slow night because we’ll get slammed and don’t dare say code because then we get them and most of the time there’s 3 that happen when it’s said. I have a co-worked who says those horrible words just to make it a busy night because he’s bored.