Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'll be working all night. Its sure to be an interesting evening as i reflect upon past New Years Eve
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'm working too.... time & a half for Stat holiday (Yaaay).
    Welcome back Bethanie!!
    I hope you get your choice job, Jenn!
    Howdy, Dead_Mans_Party!
    Hope your tummy is feeling better, sufferlandrian!

On the 'crap news' front - I lost all my personal keys (car w. fob, truck, house, shed locks, etc) and my office door key in the snow while on a volunteer shift with my husband Friday night in a big snowstorm. By the time I went to go to town on Saturday morning (borrowed my hubby's keys) the area where I likely dropped them had already been plowed. So.... they are probably buried in a snowbank somewhere nearby.
    I shoulda just stayed in Mexico.... :(

Waiting for the ferry to Isla Mujeres:
    uluntovtrvn9.jpg

Fishing boat off the playa at sunset:
    9h7jx7f9zmgr.jpg

The lighthouse at the most Easterly point in Mexico: Punta Sur on I.M.
    ikjbboppvb2a.jpg

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'll be in bed. My husband and I both have sinus infections and bronchitis :+1:

Those pics are amazing. Wish I was there now! Even tho I'm sick, the warmth would feel great lol
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    Looks amazing. Hope you feel better Bethanie
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I got the job! If all goes well, I start in 2 weeks!

@canadjineh - bummer about your keys! Mexico looks beautiful though!

@bethanie0825 - hope you and hubby feel better soon!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    Thank heavens the holidays are over. One more day and then back to only 110 hours a week. Can't wait for June.
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bethanie! Too bad you are ill but at least you both get it over with at the same time.
    Ugh 110 hours a week. June can't come soon enough I guess.
    Yahoooo, Jenn! Congrats!!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @Dead_Mans_Party - what do you do?
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    I'm a coroner
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    We've been miserable together but we've hung out and watched TV together. Even though we're sick, we laughed and joked so all in all, not a terrible way to start the new year. I'm toughing it out at work today bc I don't want to lose my holiday pay. Hubs is hanging at the house.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I think it's always easier if you are both sick at the same time.....then no one gets irritated by the sniveling and whining (because you're both doing it ;) )
    Coroner.... Wow, that left us all speechless. A tough job that's nowhere near as glamourous as TV makes it out to be. That makes sense with your avatar name.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    Being sick sucks. I dont feel great but would also loose the holiday pay if i called off. Its been a horrendous shift this evening. Very busy.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    My condolences DMP! Sorry to hear it. My night was extremely quiet, nobody has energy to get into trouble or run around in the middle of the night on Jan 1st.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Being sick sucks. I dont feel great but would also loose the holiday pay if i called off. Its been a horrendous shift this evening. Very busy.

Holiday pay is why I drug myself to work today and will do so tomorrow. If I call out, they take it away.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @Dead_Mans_Party -oh yeah, I remember now! You were in here before, too. Welcome back!
    I got holiday pay for Christmas, but not New Years. I did pick up an extra shift that led to a way better post, so I guess I'll try not to complain too loud.

Also, my back really hurts today! I'm not sure what I did, but hopefully it'll clear up before I go back to work on Saturday.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Options
    Yah I have been on and off this thread for a while now. Just depends on how busy I get.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally back on the bike commuting to work. Tough going where the snow plows piled up the snow, but overall, it was nice to get outside and ride.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    zklwaoqxonbf.jpeg
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    lmao @sufferlandrian

You guys, I can almost breathe without coughing!!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - yay for breathing!

My back got a lot worse, and I've been a total gimp all day. It's slowly improving, but moving around is difficult.