Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,211 Member
    Options
    Once more into the brink Gungadin.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! Not another 24-48-72-86hr shift?? :s Hanging out this morning on the balcony in my swimsuit in the coolish ocean breeze drinking my coffee and relaaaaaxing. "This tropical moment was brought to you by the makers of 'Jealousy.' >:)" lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    This is a short one. Only 38 hours. Yeah!!! And my gun shot dog is doing well. :smile: Took a bullet to the chest. Just because it looks like a wolf, doesn't mean it is a wolf. Don't shoot your neighbors dog! Especially when it's still on it's own property.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Getting my butt kicked this weekend. I've had to go back to surgery on a dog. The initial surgery came apart. I know it happens, but it just ruins my whole week when that happens. We had to remove a foot and a half of dead intestines and it just didn't stay together. Hopefully this time it stays together.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was biking in to work tonight and I see a small tail light ahead of me. I realize from the headlights on the cars that there is a cyclist dressed in dark clothes with one itty bitty tail light just above the rear tire. I jumped on the pedals and caught up to them and rode behind them with all my lights so they could be seen. When we got to an intersection where we parted ways, I pulled one of my Beryl lights off my saddle bag and handed to them. I told them, "Put this on your backpack. You're hard to see." They seemed really surprised. They thanked me and said they would get it on once they crossed the highway. It was kind of fun to see their face when I pulled the light off my bike and handed it to them. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I didn't bike to work tonight. The weather alert on my phone said 35 mph winds so I set my alarm for an extra hour sleep. Woke up and not only were there no winds, but the temp was 38 degrees for the first time in three weeks. It would have been a beautiful ride! Never trust the weather man. :rage:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Heading home tomorrow from Mexico into a snow warning. Yikes, 20 cm.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Did you know the dentist won't clean your teeth if you have a cold sore. I didn't until today. Guess how I found out?

I have a bunch of appointments today and I just keep my Quasimodo-looking self at home.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Did you know the dentist won't clean your teeth if you have a cold sore. I didn't until today. Guess how I found out?

I have a bunch of appointments today and I just keep my Quasimodo-looking self at home.

I know they won’t clean your teeth if you have a cold but I didn’t know about the cold sores. Go figure!?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've had a relief vet in for the last three days. Spent most my time sleeping, eating and riding my bike. I think that qualifies as just about perfect. :smile: Guess I can't be a slacker all the time though so it's back to work again. I did get the Christmas lights up. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have to say that this is the most painful cold sore I can remember having. I can feel it in my cheek, gums, sinuses, and nose. Blech.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jennifer - That sounds painful! Nothing seems to help?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Blistex is helping a little right where the sore is. I just took some Tylenol, hopefully that'll help.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sooo...turns out that it may actually be shingles. *katzenkinder*
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Shingles!? Wow, hope you are feeling better soon!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    "Herpetic neuralga," nerve pain caused by a cold sore. AKA: not shingles. *phew*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Still really painful.
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It's not terrible...the painful part seems to be mostly over...now just gotta live with Mt. Kilimanjaro on my lip until it decides to heal.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good thing you're not trying to get a date to the Prom. :smile: '

Still no snow in the valley. They are saying we will have snow by Christmas but I'm becoming doubtful.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    LOL Good point!

It's been hovering above freezing and raining today here. Again.