Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I found a pair of practically brand new Calvin Klein leather boots in my best friend's size at a thrift store with just a few stains on them, looked like something had been spilled on them. A little leather cleaner, some elbow grease, and bam, great Christmas present that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. Bam!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Sometimes the best gifts are hiding in someones discards.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    In to the holiday weekend. Except for one shift off on Sunday, I'll be here until Tuesday dealing with people with sick pets who already spent all their money and can't treat. We'll put down more pets this weekend than any other weekend. So don't tell me to have a merry Christmas. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - ((hugs))
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Maybe someday I'll learn...

So I have this bottle of hair/skin oil that I keep in the top drawer of my night stand. I put some in my hair after I washed it last night, so I didn't think too much of it when I smelled it in my room when I got home. Until I opened that drawer. Somehow I had managed to put the bottle away open, or it popped open on its own. Big mess. Ugh. At least it's nice-smelling oil.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yikes! That is going to make a mess.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Made it through another holiday schedule. I'm hoping this is the last one I work by myself.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I wish I was a government worker right now. Guaranteed retro pay and they are off for the holidays. I've got enough in saving to get through a month without a paycheck so it would be paid vacation. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -glad you made it through the holiday! I had to work the day of, but we did our Christmas-ing in the morning, so I really didn't mind all that much.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Got called in for an overnight shift. Pretty nice spot I'm at, but I feel like garbage. Bleh.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Did you guys get any good Christmas loot?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My poor wife. I always buy what I want or need so she is always trying to find something to surpise me. She got me a seat cover for the back seat of my truck. That should help keep the dog from making it muddy when we go biking.

A friend gave her some bottles of muscle milk since her husband didn't like the flavor. I drank one and started vomiting. They had gone bad and now I've got food poisoning. Felling much better tonight but last night was a struggle here at work.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I like the banana muscle milk, but now you've got me scared!
    We don't celebrate Christmas, but tend to work during the holidays so my co-workers get a chance to spend that time with their families since it means more for them. We like to do surprise presents at random times of the year for our family and friends.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Scary morning! At 3 AM as I was driving through the industrial park I startled a very large cow moose along the side of the road. She startled the heck out of me too! Luckily she didn't run out in front of me but buckec and jumped and ran alongside for a moment. There are a lot of warning signs along the highways here but this is only the second time I've come across a moose this close to town. Usually it's deer. At least a couple times a week. Glad it didn't end badly for either of us.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Goodness! Glad you didn't collide with that moose! We have trouble with deer here. I haven't hit one, but both of the work vehicles have come in close contact several times. I can't imagine what their body work bills must be like.

On another note, it's looking like I might be back on night again soon. Pretty good bet a position is going to open up soon at one of our spots, and I plan to nab it if I can! Indoors, climate control, WiFi, easy walking, sounds pretty good to me! Not to mention a pay raise!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, @sufferlandrian -I hope you're feeling better! Food poisoning is the worst!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I hope you're feeling better!

@canadjineh holy hell, deer scare me enough

@jennifer_417 I hope the better job comes thru!

I have fallen off the wagon in the most glorious of ways lol. But I'm getting back up on it and moving forward.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yay @bethanie0825 is back! Good to see you!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Whats happening everyone. Having a good pre New Years eve?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Chillin' at home. Gotta work tomorrow, until midnight. So New Years' will be celebrated in a parking lot, during shift change. *yay*