Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Nice biking home and back in the snow. Got to follow my tracks on the way back. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's been in the 60sF the last few days and I thought about taking my kayak out, but I didn't enjoy the idea of how cold my butt might get!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    So the shenanigans continue. Been a busy first week of 2019. How is everyone this chilly evening?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Been a good night so far. Started busy and now I've got time to watch "Blazing Saddles". :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian love that movie
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That painful moment when you realize how little sleep you will be getting because you ge6 off at midnight and start training for your new post at 7am
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Almost doesn't seem worth going home. Head to training and sleep in your car. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    1zsh9lh3bjry.png
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    That would be me if it weren't for extreme food prepping. SO hard to stay on track on night shift. I'm ready to go home. Feel like I'm getting a cold.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Trying to stay up some tonight since I'm working nights this weekend and next week. Struggle bus for sure. I've been on days for 2 years :sleeping:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, it looks like they haven't found anyone to fill my patrol position yet. The boss is supposed to "swing by and chat" with me and the supervisor of my new post about my schedule. In other words, it's looking like they're going to need me in both places for a while. I don't know how many hours I'll be getting exactly, but it's looking like I'll clock 60+ this week.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Jennifer, you're starting to sound like me. Hope you don't get too burned out.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The temps warmed up to 40 degrees. The snow turned into major slush. That is more difficult than snow to bike through. Had to drive to work tonight and wait for more of it to melt.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So, it looks like they haven't found anyone to fill my patrol position yet. The boss is supposed to "swing by and chat" with me and the supervisor of my new post about my schedule. In other words, it's looking like they're going to need me in both places for a while. I don't know how many hours I'll be getting exactly, but it's looking like I'll clock 60+ this week.

Do you get OT pay? I hope so
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No biking this weekend. Fog has visibility down to 1/4 mile. Inversion has set in. No relief predicted until Thursday.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Do you get OT pay? I hope so

Thankfully, yes! I should be looking at an extra $400 for the pay period! Which will go directly to moving expenses, since I'm looking to move very soon, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Went in on a cat that radiographs looked like a piece of cloth was in them. Turned out it was a bunch of small cuts that the barium adhered to. Hate when I go in and I didn't need but I guess that's better than not going in and I should have.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Woohoo!!!!!
    @sufferlandrian Definitely better safe than sorry

I'm covering night shift for the next week. By the end of February, I'll be back on permanent night shift, by my request. Day shift sucks *kitten*. That's all there is to it lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 -yaaaay!
  • sufferlandrian
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @ Bethanie - It will be nice to have you back on nights. In the words of Black Bart off Blazing Saddles, "To tell the truth, it's getting pretty dull around here." :smile: