Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Odd moments at work: I don't think I mentioned that my new post is in a huge underground cave complex. So, I'm working, and I look out the window to see a small backhoe leading about 35 kids (like 10-13y/o) on bicycles coming down the lane. Um...k?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I thought knowing someone is coming in June would make it easier to pull these long weekends. I think it has become harder. I find myself thinking about what I could do with more free time and then remember I don't have any yet.

We're one away from being fully staffed, which is almost unheard of in public safety fields. I haven't been able to workout at work in 8 months. I'm so excited and that's all I can think about so I understand. Whole weekends off will be amazing once June arrives.

I'm finally one day 7 of 7. I'm exhausted, it's my TOM, and I'm tired of seeing 0415. I have 4 weeks left on day shift. No more drama and needy people filled day shifts for me
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It's sunday! Finally done with my 62 hours shift.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Jenn, I hate to ask, but what were they doing that they had a backhoe leading a mob of bicyclers?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I honestly have no idea...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Modern Pied Piper.... Buhbye kiddies. Job for Dead_Mans_Party. Macabre humour tonight.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hey, I dig a little morbid humor every so often.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Nice, I get the analogy. That would be a fun dig.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I am about as morbid one can get
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Do I still have to do weights if I was just running the buffer for the last 2 hours?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Polishing up the pets??
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The pets scratch the floors pretty bad so I have to take a buffer to them about every two weeks.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Might be more satisfying to run the buffer up and down a few owners, eh?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Amen. We did a C-Section sunday. We asked the owner if they had a whelping box. She asked, "A weapons box? Why would I need a weapons box?"
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It is crazy here tonight! I'm working on my fourth laceration. I just finished a bloat. I still have a GI foreign body to go get.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Amen. We did a C-Section sunday. We asked the owner if they had a whelping box. She asked, "A weapons box? Why would I need a weapons box?"

Holy. Crap.
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Oi!!
    tvh35g5ukr43.png
  • canadjineh
    Options
    e2h50uoi6xf1.png
  • sufferlandrian