Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh what a jerk. Fee things annoy me more than casual douchery. Hope you're nice and dry now!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    I'm all geared up for snow and rain when I ride in the winter. The water never got past my rain gear. :smile: Saw you did some martial arts today. How are you feeling after that? I don't think my body was supposed to bend like they want in martial arts. Guess when it comes to self defense I'll have to stick with high explosives. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I study Krav Maga. I like it because it's super focused on practical self-defense situations. Yesterday I learned about knife and gun disarm movements, so not a lot of sore-making movements. Which is good because I've been pretty off-balance lately.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I've never been splashed by a vehicle while riding, of course I try not to ride in crap conditions. I did get clipped by a motor home mirror on the Trans-Canada Hwy one time. They didn't stop or even slow down, I don't think they even knew I was there. Luckily I wasn't knocked off my bike but I did have to stop and sit on the side of the road til the freakout adrenaline shake stopped.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Canadajineh - That would freak me out. That is a REALLY close call. The Trans-Canada highway is pretty high speed. I run front and rear cameras on my bike. I would have contacted the mounties and given them the film. That guy shouldn't still be driving. Especially not something that big.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hope everyone had a piece of pie today. Happy Pi day (3.14). :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Idk why, but I have been mercilessly hungry literally since I woke up, despite having eaten normally. Not like, "Hm, I could use a nibble," but like my stomach threatening to chew a hold in my backbone if I don't put more in it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If you're coming down with something, you'll be plowing through energy and your body will tell you that you need more energy. Illness takes 1.5 times normal energy to heal without sacrificing body resources. And we all know how our bodies hate to give up resources.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Welp, you called it. I felt kinda icky yesterday, but I'm flat-out sick today. Called in sick to work.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sorry you're sick. Hope you get better quickly.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll be right as rain tomorrow!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Getting the furnace replaced tomorrow. Not going to be much sleeping. The problem with living somewhere that you go from Winter to Summer and back again with really short Spring and Fall is, you never don't have the furnace running. It's either blowing the A/C or it's blowing the burner. So when the heat exchanger goes out, it's going to be a cold morning.
  • JoanSloan1
    JoanSloan1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    is this still a current night shift thread x
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    JoanSloan1 wrote: »
    is this still a current night shift thread x

We're about as current as you can get. Are you on your phone? The browser on my tablet gives dates and times of each post. Jenn, I hope you are feeling better now.
    We have a couple months when the furnace/central air doesn't run which is nice..... gotta get ducts and furnace cleaned out professionally this spring. We just had to pull out our clothes dryer and give all the ducting the major clean out, ugh the dust! Hubby found out the far end had come off its port.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    About every three years I have someone come clean out all the duct work. With three pets I know it gets filthy. I think I may have to go to every two years now. My wife and daughter just picked up an Aussie each. Now we are up to four pets. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    About every three years I have someone come clean out all the duct work. With three pets I know it gets filthy. I think I may have to go to every two years now. My wife and daughter just picked up an Aussie each. Now we are up to four pets. :smile:

I think we're going to have to do this now bc I've just been diagnosed with asthma and we have 2 German Shedders lol.

I spent all of last week in class all day for the new CAD we're moving to in May. I slept in Friday so I could try to get back onto a night sleep schedule; 830p, we (my group of dispatch peeps) that someone needs to come in and work at 0600 (we're out of OT pay so we have to take off our OT). They'd known since Monday that they needed coverage but didn't bother getting any; they assumed it'd be fine to just have one dispatcher instead of the minimum of 2. So yours truly covered it. :angry:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Bethanie - That's not cool. You should make the people who think one dispatcher is fine come cover the shift.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @Bethanie - That's not cool. You should make the people who think one dispatcher is fine come cover the shift.

Just don't make assumptions. We've had a 2 person minimum for like a year.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Dispatcher karaoke... :lol:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll be right as rain tomorrow!

Hope you're feeling better!