Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Being that I am starting my one of 6 in a row, I find that I tend to feel all out of whack by the end of the shifts. I then get the pleasure of flipping back around to days. I think that I am getting way to old for flip flops - just saying.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    gdnplnty wrote: »
    Being that I am starting my one of 6 in a row, I find that I tend to feel all out of whack by the end of the shifts. I then get the pleasure of flipping back around to days. I think that I am getting way to old for flip flops - just saying.

It is easier to just stay on one...Hopefully it wont be too brutal on you
  • johnnaunseen
    Options
    Hey fellow night shifters! I work 6p to 6a. this is my first post ever here. :) when do yall enter breakfast in your food log? breakfast as in when you wake up before work. also when do you exersice, before work or after?
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow night shifters! I work 6p to 6a. this is my first post ever here. :) when do yall enter breakfast in your food log? breakfast as in when you wake up before work. also when do you exersice, before work or after?

I created a "Work" area in my diary. Then I log Breakfast when I get home under breakfast, and dinner. I normally skip lunch. I workout before coming to work most days...sometimes after. Just depends.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I just log midnight to midnight. Typically have 2 meals a day. Once at work and once at home. Exercise wise I do it while at work when it's not busy. I am able to get away from my desk for 30-40 mins to go walk/jog and 3-4x a week after work I'll hit the gym in the mornings.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

I log on a 24 hour basis. I have my diary set up into 6 4 hour increments.
    8am-12pm
    12pm-4pm
    4pm-8pm
    8pm-12am
    12am-4am
    4am-8am
    I just log my food in whatever time slot I eat it. As long as I stay within my calorie goal for that 24 hours, doesn't matter when I eat it. 24 hours is 24 hours. My diary is open if you need an example.

As far as when to exercise, do it at a time that you'll stick to. I find it easier to go after work because I'm in too much of a lack of sleep fog to do it before work. Others find it easier to go before work.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    I kind of throw it in anywhere but I log midnight to midnight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I agree, and being able to see recent posts on my profile. But I did learn how to find all your recent posts.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30038662/#Comment_30038662

So instead of just going to recent posts, I have to type in http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile to see recent posts. What a pain. I want my recent posts button back.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...or evening....whatever you want to call it...4 nights to go..
  • joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    Night shift every damn night
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    joshua3179 wrote: »
    Night shift every damn night

Well, yes, that's why we call this the night shift thread....LOL :laugh:

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here but off tonight. Can't wait to flip to weekends, 16hr shifts Sat and Sun from 7am to 11pm but paid for 40hrs.
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I used to work at a facility that did that. Not sure I could handle working every single weekend with my kiddos at home, though.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, last night before the beach. Come on Clock
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    I would imagine the clock can't move fast enough for you, Tony
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    I would imagine the clock can't move fast enough for you, Tony
    You got that right, and doing a 12 tonight when I normally work 2nds on Sunday, makes it that much slower.

here is where I am going.
  • LadyRN76
    edited October 2014
    Options
    No comment. Because what I would say would get me suspended by the mods. Jealous.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bad night for pets. Still surviving but I don't know for how long. You really shouldn't run over your puppy with the truck. Don't assume he will move. Just get out and get him.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    People can be so thoughtless. I could not do your job. I love animals to much to have to deal with all you have to see.
  • LadyRN76
    edited October 2014
    Options
    oh damn suffer...that sucks :cry: