Anyone else losing 100 lbs in 2014?

Options

Replies

• llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello! I could stand to lose a 100 pounds, but my goal is 80. If I get that far, I'll try to go lower. :) I'm a short one.. 5'3.
  • tm1202
    tm1202 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would also like to lose 100 lbs this year. I am 5'10" and 41 yrs old. I also have a December birthday! Feel free to add me and good luck!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good attitude nomad1000!!! :smile:
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yep, I need to lose at least 100 pounds. After I get to 100 I'll decide if I want to lose more or just maintain. I'd like to be realistic about maintenance. I don't want to be so thin that I have to starve myself to maintain a really low weight for myself. For me it's really all about my health. I don't want to become diabetic. I know that my legs and feet hurt because of my weight right now. My biggest issue is IIH.

Its been said that losing weight is the easy part and that maintenance is when the work begins!!! I would think that if we make a true lifestyle change then we won't be stopping what we are doing once we lose all that we desire to lose and we will slide into maintenance nice 'n easy... makes sense somewhere along the lines lol
  • Bethany0214
    Bethany0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose in total, my goal is to hit at least 50 of those pounds in 2014. I struggled in 2013 with some very stubborn weight and could not shed a pound, but that was to do with my not doing everything I could do either (better diet, regular workouts, etc.) Today I turn 29 and I am ready to change my life for the better and shed this weight forever and end my 20's with a bang! I would love some friends and support throughout the journey..as we all know, this is not easy!!
  • landerson1004
    Options
    Hi! I'm also trying to lose over 100 lbs this year...just started on MFP today! I am 27 and 5'-9"...and when I went to my annual ob/gyn appointment just this morning, I felt physically ill when the scale read 336 lbs. I just got married in October and we'd like to start thinking about kids within the next couple of years. But I need this weight off before that happens! Here's to healthy new starts this year!! ~Lauren
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well what a coinky-dink. I'm 5'11" and 49 also. My birthday is in October, but I have about 150 to lose total. May be getting the bariatric sleeve procedure done late in June. I will be tickled to death if I can get 75 off this year, but would love 100, then the other 50 before Summer 2015. LETS DO THIS!!!!!
  • chocol8diva
    chocol8diva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to my fitness pal and I also need to lose over 100lbs. I've been overweight all my life and this year, I am determined to lose this weight. I'm doing insanity now. That workout is a monster.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you want to lose all 100 in one year?

O_O

if it was me, I would be worried about being able to maintain it, causing myself body dysmorphia issues and loose skin.
  • jennlandau
    jennlandau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have set a goal that I want to end 2014 under 200 pounds. That's about a loss of 60 for me. Not everything that I need to lose but feels like enough of a challenge for now. I am 41 and only 5' 2". I have started getting involved in dance fitness (Zumba & LaBlast) and just love it. I want to start going Salsa dancing on the weekends. I went last Friday and it was so fun, it didn't fee like exercise at all.

I am looking for support, especially with balance. I know that I need to pay attention to exercise and eating but I also want to manage my stress and increase my fun. I worry that in order to loose all of this weight I will have to make it be my only focus. I know several people that have been successful with major losses and it seems like it is their entire life. They are very involved with menus, meal planning, grocery shopping, lanning where they will eat and what they will eat when they go out, meetings and serious exercise. I respect their level of committment but hope that it is not the only way to be truly successful with becomming a health person.
  • LonestarCupcake
    LonestarCupcake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's me. I did it in 2012, and then gained a few back (I'm only down a net of 75 now, but reset my weight loss as of 1/1 this year and restarted a new account). I have 140 to go in total, but 100 of that will come off in 2014 come hell or high water.

Low carb, cardio + strength training was/is my key.
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 80+ feel free to add me. :)

Edited: to correct my own cardinal rule.....Lose vs Loose......
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you want to lose all 100 in one year?

O_O

if it was me, I would be worried about being able to maintain it, causing myself body dysmorphia issues and loose skin.

Strength Training from the start helps this. 100 lbs in a year (and even less) is quite possible. Many, many, MANY success stories on here. I have a few friends on MFP who have lost over 100 lbs in less than 11 months, and because of strength training you cant even tell they carried that much weight on them. very little loose skin if anything noticable. :)

Of course every body is different..but it is quite possible.
  • AmazingShrinkingMan
    Options
    Oh boy yes!!!! Well, actually planning to lose more than 100 lbs!!!!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. I have been trying for years but keep giving up. I turn 30 this year and really want to get rid of this weight for GOOD!! Anyone with the same goals can feel free to add me! :cheers:
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Me too! I have over 100 lbs to lose so I could definitely use the support. Add me!
  • JenLikes2Rock
    Options
    That's my plan! I'm always looking to add people to share the jorney.

Best of luck to all of you!
  • yolandayatesmoore
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and need to lose 100lbs. Please add me...I would like to take the journey with you.
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started in August of this year and have lost a bit have along way to go. I will be 50 in January 2014 anyone can feel free to add me
  • paultireland
    paultireland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 100 pounds this year too.