Anyone else losing 100 lbs in 2014?

Options

Replies

• bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have 94 pounds to go. I'm just a smidge under 5'4" and I'm 22 (I'll be 23 in February).
  • OHArtemis
    OHArtemis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not putting a set in stone number on it, but my goal weight means another 127 pound loss. And yes, I plan to do the majority of that this year. I'm 5'9" tall and currently weigh 327 and am a size 24.
  • Bertie02
    Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have a little over 100 to lose. 100lbs this year would be great but a steady downward number is my goal, getting healthier, and hopefully off some of the medications I've been put on because of my weight.

Everyone feel free to add me!
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have over a hundred that I would like to lose to but that is just to overwhelming for me so I am just concentrating on smaller goals right now. My goal for right now is to get down about twenty-five pounds to 250 and I think I will set 25 pound goals every time I reach one. I would love to lose 100 in a year but when it comes down to it, I would be so happy if I reached 199 by the end of the year.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I lost 100 lbs starting in September of 2011 and reached that goal December of 2012. I had some "rough" sledding last year and gained some weight back, but I'm back to logging, working out and losing again. I have about 90 lbs to lose to hit my final goal. I'm still down 79 lbs and I know I can keep this off and lose more with the help of MFP and all that it offers. Never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever and I mean ever give up! :smile:

Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • paultireland
    paultireland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was up to 320, and I'm at 298 or so right now. I want to get down to 175 but that's a lofty goal. I'm 5'7" so I look even fatter and the vast majority of my weight is in my midsection which apparently is the worst possible place to be fat from a health standpoint.

I'll be 45 years old in Feb, and this is pretty much my last ditch effort. For me it is quite literally, do or die.
  • simplybe13
    simplybe13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yes......looking to get rid of 100lbs in 2014 but setting realistic, small goals as I can get disheartened (and then it's fridge time!!!)
    Good luck everyone!!
  • Sparkleblueberry
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100 lbs in 2014. I am in a weight loss group through my city recreation department that includes 2 times per week with a personal trainer and 1 time per week in a class with a dietician intern who is presenting the class for a grade. I am 64 years old. I am exercising using my body and some free weights for weight training for cardio I am doing water exercise, bike riding and walking. I am doing some kind of exercise everyday although on Sunday I don't push very hard.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    you want to lose all 100 in one year?

O_O

if it was me, I would be worried about being able to maintain it, causing myself body dysmorphia issues and loose skin.

Strength Training from the start helps this. 100 lbs in a year (and even less) is quite possible. Many, many, MANY success stories on here. I have a few friends on MFP who have lost over 100 lbs in less than 11 months, and because of strength training you cant even tell they carried that much weight on them. very little loose skin if anything noticable. :)

Of course every body is different..but it is quite possible.

I think that as I travel through the days of 2014... losing weight along the way, slowly (2 lbs max per week) eating clean (staying within my calorie range) and exercising moderately (something I enjoy doing and can continue to do so for always) I will arrive at my destination (175lbs) slow 'n steady in my opinion and what will be will be with regards to the 'loose skin' which is almost inevitable I would say after such a huge loss, but yes, agree totally that strength training will enhance certain areas of concern for sure! Honestly... I'm not worried about anything else... I'm on the right track and I'm running with it! :bigsmile:
  • lynder64
    Options
    I have over a hundred that I would like to lose to but that is just to overwhelming for me so I am just concentrating on smaller goals right now. My goal for right now is to get down about twenty-five pounds to 250 and I think I will set 25 pound goals every time I reach one. I would love to lose 100 in a year but when it comes down to it, I would be so happy if I reached 199 by the end of the year.
    AWESOME goal setting!!! It's whatever works best right! I'm rewarding myself for every 10 lbs lost along the way. SO excited to do this!!!

All the best to you on your journey!

Lyn
  • lynder64
    Options
    That's me. I did it in 2012, and then gained a few back (I'm only down a net of 75 now, but reset my weight loss as of 1/1 this year and restarted a new account). I have 140 to go in total, but 100 of that will come off in 2014 come hell or high water.

Low carb, cardio + strength training was/is my key.

Wonderful that you've still kept the majority of it off and have made the commitment to get back on track this year. I think that as long as we continue to try and never give up... we are on the right path.

Lyn
  • lynder64
    Options
    Oh boy yes!!!! Well, actually planning to lose more than 100 lbs!!!!!

You must be tall? I don't see the 'more than 100 lbs' to lose :noway:

Lyn
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I have just under 100 pounds to lose to hit my end goal of 150 pounds. Add me if you want.

I don't have a hard and fast date on when it's to be lost (I'm also slowly beginning strength training so I will likely go up in weight as I add muscle...) but I'm assuming a pound of weight loss a week so I would expect to be at least half the way there when 2015 rolls around.

SW: 264
    CW: 244
    GW: 150 (*or* 160-170 if it's muscular/toned...I'll revisit this when I get a lot closer to goal...)
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I need to lose close to it and would love the support to. I have lost and gained 85lbs over the past two years. Through Marital problems and the death of my Father. I really could use some support with active users :)
  • lynder64
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100 lbs in 2014. I am in a weight loss group through my city recreation department that includes 2 times per week with a personal trainer and 1 time per week in a class with a dietician intern who is presenting the class for a grade. I am 64 years old. I am exercising using my body and some free weights for weight training for cardio I am doing water exercise, bike riding and walking. I am doing some kind of exercise everyday although on Sunday I don't push very hard.

Sounds like you are doing everything right! Good job!!!

Wishing you a wonderful journey!!!
  • lynder64
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to my fitness pal and I also need to lose over 100lbs. I've been overweight all my life and this year, I am determined to lose this weight. I'm doing insanity now. That workout is a monster.

I got that something like that for xmas last year that is still sealed in the box. Hmmmmm... perhaps in a few months time I will have to open it and check it out!

Keep on keeping on!
  • lynder64
    Options
    already did, if I lost that much now I would be a small toddler:)

AWESOME!!! Share your story with us for a whole lotta motivation? :tongue:

Have you posted before and afters? Absolutely LOVE those for motivation.

Hmmmm... better pull out thee 'ole camera for my own :bigsmile:
  • lynder64
    Options
    Long term goal is to lose 100. 2014 goal is to lose more than 50.

I want to stay reasonable so I don't get discouraged. It took me more than a year to gain all this weight so it may take longer than a year to lose it. :)

It is important for us to set goals that we think will work for us best. Sounds like you are so on the right track! and... patience is key isn't it :bigsmile:
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 lbs too. I am starting off with setting little goals for myself like for every 10 lbs lost, I will reward myself. Every 3 months, I will set a 'goal' weight and will continue until I shed this extra baggage:) 2014 is MY year! It's gonna happen!!
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Fourty-two this October and I have just under 100 pounds to lose (have lost ten so far) to reach my initial goal and then when I reach that I want to re-evaluate and see how much more, if any, I will want or need to lose to feel I am at my very best. I'm aiming to lose the first 100 in the next 18 months, but am hoping I'm being overly conservative and that I can drop it all by the first of 2015. Would be happy to have some friends in the same boat who would like to support and encourage each other along the way. Good luck to everyone who is on the same path, and congratulations to everyone who has already accomplished this amazing feat! You guys are my inspiration!