Anyone else losing 100 lbs in 2014?

Options

Replies

• tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm not going for the full 100 this year, but I could certainly lose 100 pounds and not complain! :) I think my goal this year is to lose about 50, but most importantly, I just want to make it to the one hundreds! Anyone feel free to add me. I'm on every day lol
  • bhindma
    bhindma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth,
    I hope too loose 100 plus. Right now my goal is just to get below the 300lb mark! This is the year i am going to make a come back, take back my life, and concentrate on myself instead of everyone and everything else for a change. I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and recently diagnosed with Diabetes. I have started on a diet called "Ideal Protien" which is low sugar -low carb to jump start and motivate me. I have purchased and scheduled a one week stay at the Biggest Loser ranch in Malibu to help me learn healthy eating habits and motivate me. I need to get away from from my life even if it is only for a week to regroup. recharge, and focus on my self, my body and how out-of-control I have allowed my weight to become. I am at maximum density right now and I must turn this around. I want to be able to fit comfotably in an airline seat! I want to climb stairs without being winded. I am tired of my feet and knees hurting all the time. I am so sick of wearing what I can fit into regardless of whether I like it or not. I want my life back. I am 55 years old. I want to be in much better shape by the time I turn 56. Count me in!!!
  • loveandhearts33
    Options
    Just starting today. Need to lose 200 pounds total. I'm 25 in a month and a single mom. Please add me, I need all the motivation I can get.
  • sjaykay13
    Options
    I'm aiming for a little less for 2014 but ultimately need to drop another 130lbs!! Everyone add eachother!! The support on here is great!
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose more than 100 pounds this year. But 100 would be a very nice start :)
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lyn, I hope I am not being too nosy but out of curiosity, how do you reward yourself for reaching your goals? I just ask because all my life things have been food centered rewards (dinner out for a new job, cake for your birthday, ice cream for getting good grades, etc), and that would be a pattern I am trying to break away from right now so it would be awesome to have some ideas of how to celebrate without breaking out a carton of ice cream, lol.
  • Mhvela
    Mhvela Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Right, maintenance is the tough part. That's why I don't want to be rail thin and just gain weight back. I want to be a healthy weight. For me it's more about my health than appearance. When my doctor says it's a good weight I will stop. I think it would be easier to maintain a normal healthy weight than an extremely lower weight. The smaller you want to be the less calories you are allowed, therefore harder to maintain. That's my goal anyway.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Lyn, I hope I am not being too nosy but out of curiosity, how do you reward yourself for reaching your goals? I just ask because all my life things have been food centered rewards (dinner out for a new job, cake for your birthday, ice cream for getting good grades, etc), and that would be a pattern I am trying to break away from right now so it would be awesome to have some ideas of how to celebrate without breaking out a carton of ice cream, lol.

Not at all :smile: I just decided this afternoon actually that my first 10 lbs gone reward will be to go and visit one of my daughters who is a few hours away at University. I'll be bringing a 'healthy lunch' for us to enjoy and I know she will LOVE a homemade 'something' :wink:

I hear you with the traditional rewards... and I too am wanting to break away from them (ice-cream is a HARD one to lose lol)
  • lynder64
    Options
    Right, maintenance is the tough part. That's why I don't want to be rail thin and just gain weight back. I want to be a healthy weight. For me it's more about my health than appearance. When my doctor says it's a good weight I will stop. I think it would be easier to maintain a normal healthy weight than an extremely lower weight. The smaller you want to be the less calories you are allowed, therefore harder to maintain. That's my goal anyway.

Maintenance will be the bigger challenge of the two worlds I am certain :smile: I remember years ago... I weighed 157 for a day. Apparently my ideal weight to the weight loss clinic at the time was 155. I'm tall and big boned (yes, there is such a thing for all you nay sayers lol) and I'll be happy to arrive at 175 thank you very much. :wink:
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options
    I sincerely need to lose about 75 lbs. I don't have any friends on here yet, just sort of feeling it all out, but feel free to add me.
  • lynder64
    Options

Not at all :smile: I just decided this afternoon actually that my first 10 lbs gone reward will be to go and visit one of my daughters who is a few hours away at University. I'll be bringing a 'healthy lunch' for us to enjoy and I know she will LOVE a homemade 'something' :wink:

I hear you with the traditional rewards... and I too am wanting to break away from them (ice-cream is a HARD one to lose lol)
    * a new lipstick
    *a new item of clothing
    *manicure/pedicure
    anyone else got some non food ideas?
  • lynder64
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose more than 100 pounds this year. But 100 would be a very nice start :)

AWESOME weight loss thus far!!!
  • lynder64
    Options
    I need to lose 100 lbs too. I am starting off with setting little goals for myself like for every 10 lbs lost, I will reward myself. Every 3 months, I will set a 'goal' weight and will continue until I shed this extra baggage:) 2014 is MY year! It's gonna happen!!

I like the reward system too :smile: 1st non food reward for me is going to visit one of my daughters for the day who is away at University a few hours drive. Missing her like crazy.
  • lynder64
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth,
    I hope too loose 100 plus. Right now my goal is just to get below the 300lb mark! This is the year i am going to make a come back, take back my life, and concentrate on myself instead of everyone and everything else for a change. I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and recently diagnosed with Diabetes. I have started on a diet called "Ideal Protien" which is low sugar -low carb to jump start and motivate me. I have purchased and scheduled a one week stay at the Biggest Loser ranch in Malibu to help me learn healthy eating habits and motivate me. I need to get away from from my life even if it is only for a week to regroup. recharge, and focus on my self, my body and how out-of-control I have allowed my weight to become. I am at maximum density right now and I must turn this around. I want to be able to fit comfotably in an airline seat! I want to climb stairs without being winded. I am tired of my feet and knees hurting all the time. I am so sick of wearing what I can fit into regardless of whether I like it or not. I want my life back. I am 55 years old. I want to be in much better shape by the time I turn 56. Count me in!!!

JEALOUS that you're going to the Biggest Loser Ranch!!! How wonderful for you!!! I fantasize about going to a health & wellness kind of resort.... hmmmm... now you've got me thinking lol

Wishing you well on your journey Beth!
  • lynder64
    Options
    I'm aiming for a little less for 2014 but ultimately need to drop another 130lbs!! Everyone add eachother!! The support on here is great!

I'm loving the support on here too!!!
  • lynder64
    Options
    I need to lose close to it and would love the support to. I have lost and gained 85lbs over the past two years. Through Marital problems and the death of my Father. I really could use some support with active users :)

Active users is good! lol

Hope your marital problems are in check now so you can move forward and take care of yourself

Losing our loved ones is never easy... :flowerforyou:
  • lynder64
    Options
    I started in August of this year and have lost a bit have along way to go. I will be 50 in January 2014 anyone can feel free to add me

47 lbs gone is HUGE!!! YAY YOU!!!
  • lynder64
    Options
    I have set a goal that I want to end 2014 under 200 pounds. That's about a loss of 60 for me. Not everything that I need to lose but feels like enough of a challenge for now. I am 41 and only 5' 2". I have started getting involved in dance fitness (Zumba & LaBlast) and just love it. I want to start going Salsa dancing on the weekends. I went last Friday and it was so fun, it didn't fee like exercise at all.

I am looking for support, especially with balance. I know that I need to pay attention to exercise and eating but I also want to manage my stress and increase my fun. I worry that in order to loose all of this weight I will have to make it be my only focus. I know several people that have been successful with major losses and it seems like it is their entire life. They are very involved with menus, meal planning, grocery shopping, lanning where they will eat and what they will eat when they go out, meetings and serious exercise. I respect their level of committment but hope that it is not the only way to be truly successful with becomming a health person.

I think in the beginning it is a lot like how you're describing it... I'm banking on everything eventually becoming... habit.
    Zumba is the one thing I want to try at my gym... one day....
  • crickle3013
    crickle3013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New to MFP.. I have a goal set to reach 150 lbs. I am down to 231.9 this morning from 238 two weeks ago.. aiming to lose 10 lbs per month with diet and using my turbo jam workouts.. hoping to journey into ONEderland by end of April..Good luck to you all, and feel free to add me!
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 31 and need to lose 141 lbs! Any of yall can add me :) I started 1/3/14 and have lost 7 lbs so far. My next step is to add in exercise!