WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• HerbieSue
    Options
    I played by all the rules this weekend, lots of water, stayed in my calorie range, did the new Jillian Michaels kettlebell DVD, no snacking, and my scale didn't budge. I have reached my "goal" at WW of 130, but want to continue towards my personal goal of 125, I think. How do you really know what your goal is until you get there and say, "I look great!" I'm not there yet, plus I keep reading the boards about ladies my height that are below 120???? Geez, just when you think you are almost there, you start rethinking your goals. Is there any real table to calculate what your weight should be, they all seem to vary soooo much.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my dad.
    It was a hectic week-end for me so I am happy to see the scale is still inching down. :bigsmile:

Amanda - Congrats on taking swimming lessons!!! I know you will have fun. also thanks for the laugh.

Rebel - so sorry about your aunt but happy about your reconnection with an old friend.

Mary - Hurray for your 3rd Grandson. Three's a charm they say :laugh:

Barbiecat - you so inspire and amaze me.

Laura - 1 lb to go!!!! how exciting!!!:drinker:

Gayle and Jocy - Welcome!!!!:flowerforyou:

Sunday we found 2 kittens in the polebarn. Still had the umbilical cord on and their eyes were still closed. The mother was in the middle of moving the liter so we gave her the babies and followed her. I need to start holding them soon or they will be to feral to adopt out. The mother is way to skittish and she will train them to be the same. I also need to live trap her and get her spayed.

Saturday night we went to a block party to meet the neighbors. We had a great time and found out we were the talk of the neighbourhood. DF put a solar light up by the windmill for no real reason and everyone asked us about it. :laugh: :laugh:
    Someone even (kiddingly I'm sure) asked if we had hidden a body there. :noway: Anyway I knew I had no control over the food there so I kept my calories low all day so I could have more flexibility. This leads me into this week lesson. I am putting it at the end so you can skip it if it doesn't interest you.

Eating out in restaurants

The first step is to plan ahead. The more you plan the better you are able to control your intake and stay within your goals.
    First find out where you will be eating and if possible participate in the selection of the restaurant. Once you know where you will be eating you can call ahead ( or look on the Internet for a menu) and ask about menu items, portion sizes and prep methods. Also take the opportunity to as for recommendations. You may also find out calorie and fat values have already been calculated for some menu items. Knowing this can help you to eat lightly during the day to conserve calories, however never starve yourself that can backfire and you could lose control when faced with a tempting selection.

When you can't plan ahead check your current calorie "balance" so you have a chance to make the best choices possible. When an unexpected lunch invitation arises refer back to your original lunch plans is it realistic to choose alternate foods and still maintain the same calorie counts? if not could you cut back some of your planned calories at dinner? Unexpected dinner invitations are harder as you have very little wiggle room. You could make the best choices possible and cut back a little the next day.

When ordering perhaps you could select 3-4 items you would prefer and order a la cart. This helps limit you to the foods you want rather then having additional food that comes with the meal to tempt you.

You could also order something that takes a long time to eat, salad or seafood in a shell.

If you are hungry, order raw veggies, salad or a glass of low fat milk to be brought out right away.

Remember extra calories and fats are hidden in cooked veggies, broiled fish, warm or toasted baked goods, cheeses, crackers and sauces.also in marinates.
    If you want a dessert consider fresh fruit, angel food cake, fruit sherbet or low fat yogurt.

When you are ready to order don't be shy. Ask questions and let your need be known. Don't feel you are being a nuisance it is your meal and all restaurants want you to be happy. Your health is important.

If the portion size is to large consider splitting a meal and ask for an extra salad.or ask for a container for the leftovers. If you worry about eating to much then get the container at the beginning of the meal and put half aside. Alternatively give yourself permission to leave food on your plate.

At buffets

Go through the line once and take a salad only and see what else is available. Sit down with your salad and plan out what foods you will select.

Use a salad plate you will automatically eat less.

After eating have the plated cleared away before having coffee so you are not tempted to nibble.

Fast food

Use caution when ordering salad as they are not always low calorie.

Skip the cheese or special sauce

Choice regular sized sandwiches instead of super size.

Try grilled meat instead of breaded or remove the breading.

Everyone have a good day and keep up the good work.

Peggy
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello everyone! Been a day today woot woot back at the gym, did a short program, and will stay on that a few days until the body remembers what we do in there.

:smile: Michele smart meters are hydro meteres that are able to send infomation -- such as the current readings back to the office via transmitter. Now we are having a split billing format, a, one for summer, depicts different peak hours and off peak hours than the winter season. The company bills you three different prices for hydro used in the off peak, normal, and on peak hours, On peak is the highest prices. This meter is supposed to "train" the consumer to use hydro efficiently, and cut out the non essential usage. Thus is will, however a few of us will be up to the wee hours of the morning doing the laundry, vacuuming, drying (especially in the winter), and other things we might find to do.:yawn:

:drinker: :drinker: Welcome new ladies, we have a wonderful group here, I personally have found it a breath of fresh air to hear from people in my shoes,:blushing: and know we can work together making our goals and needs come true. This group rocks!!!:drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart:

Catch you all tomorrow...xx

Marilyn
  • Ruthie58
    Options
    Walk a nice dog???? Do we burn more calories is our dogs are nice but rambunctious???
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Rebel - isn't it just great when you haven't seen a friend in quite a while and you feel like you have seen her last week? I had that experience. A friend from college was in Philly on business, we hadn't seen each other in over 20 years. There was a time when we didn't say a word - but I swear that was the loudest conversation we had!

Welcome conidala. Tell us more about yourself.

Laura - congrats to your son! What an accomplishment!

Barb (weaklink) - I know how scary the mere thought of a detached retina can be. dh had those "flashes" and was he ever worried. but they did go away, and he doesn't have them now. Hope everything works out for you. I'm sure it will

HerbieSue - who determined what your "goal" should be at WW?

Did 1 hr of an xtreme pump class today. Tomorrow, I'm going to do a bosu workout at home. Haven't done that in a while.

Went to see the bowling trainer today. We progressed from me taking a two-step approach to a four-step approach. Now I know that what I need is practice, practice, practice. One thing I am having done is having the holes on my ball redrilled because they were too close. He had me try some of the "house" balls and I could really feel a difference. The ball won't be ready until Wednesday. I need to practice on the timing. We were talking today about how when I first started, I didn't have any approach, I would just stand at the foul line and throw the ball.

Everyone, have a great evening.

Michele
  • chicletgirl
    Options
    :huh: Okay today was a total "fish out of water" day. I went on a meet and check each other out date on Sunday after talking to this guy for 3 weeks on the internet and then the phone. The meeting went well and we spent the rest of the day together just walking around looking in shops and having coffee at Starbucks before calling it a day. He said he had a really nice time (as did I) and wanted to see me the next day (today) so I mentioned the movie Under the Tuscan Sun and he said he would like to see that. So I suggested he meet me at my home in the early afternoon and we'd watch it. Well he said that sounded nice and he would bring some food and wine for us.

So he shows up at noon and he has 2 bags of food with him. (He does know I am losing weight) But when we start going through the bags it was the most bizzare food to bring over. It wasn't even really food, more like snacks but even that was questionable.:noway:

He brought:
    a bottle of Merlot
    4 fresh peaches
    2 apples
    a jar of baby dill pickles
    one 12 oz bottle of water
    4 pepsi's
    a large bag of cheetos
    and 4 bite size candy bars (not the mini bars you hand out at Halloween, but the 1 inch by 1 inch size!)
    Oh and a package of blue pads that unfold to about 4 feet by 4 feet!!:noway:

I told him I couldn't eat the candy, cheetos or the pepsi's because I was watching my weight, and he said "oh that's right, what can you eat?" and proceeds to ask me if I can eat pizza:laugh: , and other fattening things! I don't think he understands how I am eating. I told him chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit, etc.

It really through us both off and was just plain weird. What do people do when they are dating and going out places. Like he wants to go out in a couple of days to eat pizza. Do you just go and do the best you can or should I get a little more detailed in how I eat with him? Is it fair to expect him to not to go to a pizza place because I can't? I can't very well go to a pizza place and bring veggies. How would that look when they bring the pizza to the table and that is all they have to eat there?

I have never been in this predicament before (I used to eat the pizza) and I haven't dated in about 3 years. Am I doing something wrong?? He is average in weight and really doesn't have to watch his weight, but why should I have to forego what I am eating??

What do I do?

Chiclet:ohwell:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just got home from zumba class. It feels good to go to bed with both calories and carbs to spare for a change. Now if I can just wind down from exercising this late.....
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Laura - I'm glad you didn't fall this weekend. Keep up the excellent bike riding.

Barb - I had blurry vision in one eye many years ago too. Hang in there and make them figure it out. I ended up with laser surgery to relieve the pressure and have been fine since.

Chicklet- I don't know why guys are the way they are. It sounds like he was trying, but just didn't know how to try. Hang in there. Cheese pizza isn't that bad for calories. Just have a light breakfast and lunch the day you go. Be strong on not having any meat on the pizza. Veggies are OK for the most part and don't add much.

Welcome all the newcomers.

I had an off day at work. I either felt good and wanted to kill my co-worker or I felt like I had a fever and needed to sit still. After I complained to my boss about the co-worker from Mars, he left the room and I said to my office mate " Did I ***** enough about it?". My boss shouted "NO" from the hallway and we all laughed. One co-worker is a nice guy, but very frustrating to work with and very annoying to sit next to. Which is why he is in a room by himself. They want to move me into that room with him. I think they decided today that is not an option. lol

Well, time for Monday Night Football.

Jeannie

PS: thoughts and prayers to all not mentioned individually
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Well, I hope the lap top gremlins are sleeping, so I can quickly type my long post!:smile:

I am back to feeling my perky self after having my DGD Claire here for 5 days! Those grandchildren keep us young!:love: She is just the funniest little girl. She takes after her dad (my son) - he is also a lay-back, creative, and funny person.:smooched: Enough bragging for 1 post! OK- just one more - my daughter is wonderful, too. She and her BF had all of my family - aunts & uncles, cousins & all - to her duplex for a Sunday BBQ. It was her first time entertaining the family. We had a great time. She is in college, working on her masters in structural engineering (& she teachs dance and pom to little girls at her old dance studio!) :drinker: So proud of my children. ok NOW I am done bragging - I promise.:heart:

Well, I know that I am not exercising as I should. I check my bp regularly and found that it was creeping up and up, so I started taking that other med again until I can talk to the dr. I have been doing wii yoga - but think I might need to try another program. I'm just not sure on repetitions, etc. on wii and would like a program that has more direction. I think that the lack of sleep - getting better, though- and the stress of a particulary challenging group of 13-year-olds at work may also be contributing. I may have to add the goal of lowering bp AGAIN!:frown:

You women that suggested milk-thistle for Angus's liver problem: When I told DH about it, he said that that is what our vet has given Angus! It is in his food (which he doesn't like as well as the old food, so not eating as much, but still eating, so that is good!) and in his medicine. The vet said, "This isn't quack medicine - it is proven to help liver disorders". I wonder whether he thought my hubby would question his treatment or he has had previous concerns about it. So, thank you for the good advice, ladies!!:drinker: DH was so funny when I told him that "my women" had told me about the milk thistle. "What DO you chat about on that site? How do they know about Angus?" I told him "Everything!". I also told him that several of you were wondered about me raising cattle. That miscommunication still makes me chuckle:laugh: !!

Now, since I have the time tonight, I just have to comment on some of your posts:
    Michelle: Is that the same man (@ the Y) that thought it would be ok to allow alcohol on the premises? He sounds like he is just bad for business. :grumble: The Y in which my daughter teachs dance is wonderful: 2 buildings - one is the "old" Y and is now the cultural center where she teachs, and the other is state of the art fitness. It is wonderful. It is about 45 min drive (like about everything in this small rural town!) so I don't go often now. They were able to build the new buidling because of a bequest of several hundred thousand dollars! By the way, how long do you hula hoop on wii? I have done that, but only for about 5 minutes. I am a bit concerned on how that affects hips. Do you do ok with doing it for a long time?

BarbieCat1: Have a wonderful time in France!!:drinker:

MissJo: Your mom reminds me of mine - she was also a spunky woman! Don't you hope it's genetic? My hubby & I just finished a remodel of our kitchen - with a little help from my brother and my DD's boy friend. The one thing we did not replace was a set of really old cabinets which we painted and added new hardware to. We added a pantry & desk area (we have an old 4 square house - roomy kitchen) and now I so wish we had replaced those old cupboards!!:grumble: We just didn't haave the money to do that at the time, but needed to replace the floor & counters so desperately!

Viv: You merit the "Watership Down Award" for a successful bunny rescue!:wink:

Vicki & Peggy: Sending out my prayers to you. Peggy, I always get so much from your lessons!:heart:

Chiclet: You explained so well how having a place to "unload" about anything in our lives can help guide us back to good healthy life style choices. I know that I would be way off track in my weight loss if I was doing this alone!!:flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I had my appointment today with the eye doctor.....drum roll.......

The good news is, I DON"T have a detached retina, and no surgery will be needed on my eye. The BAD news is, I have a "vitreous separation"--when the membrane that surrounds the vitreous center of the eye separates from the outer part of the eye, and as a result, some of the vitreous material leaks and causes foggy vision, floaters, and some sensation of flashes of light. Since these are also symptoms of a detaching retina, the doctor I saw today, took things very seriously, and seemed genuinely relieved to be able to tell me the outcome of his exam.

The bad news I referred to is that there is NOTHING I can do to clear up my foggy vision in that eye except wait.:mad: The leakage is supposed to eventually move from my field of vision. In the meantime, I guess now I have a good excuse for feeling that I am in a fog!!:noway: :laugh:

One other obvious question is-what caused this? We will never know. Sometimes it just "happens." Sometimes it can be the result of a blow to the head, and since I did receive a head injury in a fall last January, I am figuring this might be a consequence of that incident.

It is difficult to read on my computer screen, so I did glance at everyone's post, but this foggy business is really a pain. I hope it will improve quickly.

DId want to say, welcome back Suzzeque!!!

BFN

Barb
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Not done - just a gremlin - or rather me accidently hitting "post":ohwell:

Robin: I have been doing limited exercising - and haven't posted so I won't feel like I had to do it everyday. (Is that too odd?:noway: ); anyway - I'm climbing back up with you. Not the 3 hours/day exercising, however. I'm afraid I have to go a bit slower!!:ohwell:

Barbie: Someone told me that today is "National Line Dancing Day". Is that true?? Hope you are having a blast!:drinker:

By the way, gals, Please - just the word Pizza Hut starts that craving for stuffed crust that cannot be appeased!!!:sad:

Amanda: Can't wait to hear about the swimming lessons. My best piece of advice: breathe in when your head is ABOVE water.!!:bigsmile:

SueZQ: Love the John Maxwell quote!!:smile:

Welcome Conidala, Jocy and all newcomers!!:drinker:

Laura: ok - I promise to increase water & veggies....ok, and exercise, too!:ohwell:

Denise & shirley: Hurray for being great "Losers"!!:wink::flowerforyou:

Barb: As you explained how your sight is, I really could "picture" that. I have had that cloudiness & rings due to allergies. I hope yours is not a retina problem. What ever it is - hope you find out & treatment is swift & affective.:flowerforyou: Sounds like you will begin working at a place that values their employees - that is a blessing!

Renny: Sorry to hear about your aunt. Praying for strength for you and your family.:heart: Glad to hear that you were able to catch up with your friend. I keep in contact with some "girls" that I've known for close to 50 years, and when we do get together, it's like we are back in high school - no time has past (and we look, if not the same, then better:wink: !) I know you would like warmth, but I am a winter girl - looking forward to the drop in mercury!

Mary: congrats on another grandson in the future! Aren't they the best?:smooched: When I read about your bells, it took me back. I was a bell-choir member in junior high, high school, and then a couple of years in college (I didn't attend that particular church in college - they just needed someone who could play bass clef bells!)

Gayle: Good for you on having a plan! People who have been on this thread for awhile know that I am Leslie Sansone's biggest fan. She has low impact walk videos that you can do in a small area if needed. You should check that our. I have around 80 pounds left to lose, but am determined to get 'er done!:flowerforyou:

HerbieSue: I figured my WW weight also, but still wonder if it is right for me. It did not include size of my frame. I am short, but would never consider myself "petite" except in the clothing world. When thin, I am still pretty muscular and am not fine-boned. Does that mean I should be the same weight as a pixie-framed person (tiny wristed - small feet, fine facial features - just not me) I am hoping like you that I will be able to discover my ideal weight as I look in the mirror.:ohwell:

Jeannie: I am with you - love harvest time and those farmer's markets bursting with good stuff:tongue: !

Ruthie: Yes, I believe (but no facts to back this up) that a frisky dog does help us burn more calories,. Unfortunately for my weight lose program, I have a less-than-frisky short-legged dog!:ohwell:

DH has his "fun" colonoscopy visit to the digestive center tomorrow, so I have the day off work to drive him there and be the sympathetic wife. He has been drinking that awful cleansing agent tonight. At least he is maintaining his sense of humor with all his puns and comments relating to defecation.:sick:

End of part two of the "very long post". Thanks for all your support. Now, let's all go eat our veggies!!!:drinker:

Take care,
    Bec
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Part 2 took so long, I posted before I read your post, Barb. I am so glad that your eye turned out to be less serious than originally thought. That is a blessing! Hopefully, you will be out of your fog soon! Take care -Bec
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I took the time to read all your posts.....i miss you when i can't read what's happening with you.

:flowerforyou: dancing has been fabulous.

:flowerforyou: Robin and i had a fabulous visit this afternoon....we could have talked for days.....it was so much fun meeting her in person....she is beautiful and accomplished and entertaining and drives the sports car we'd all love to have.

:flowerforyou: It's late, but I had to say hello.....dancing starts again at 8:30 AM :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi

Welcome all newbies this is a great place to be. :flowerforyou:

Barb Must have been a bit of a worry until you got the results, but glad that your eye problem is not a detached retina afterall. :smile:

Barbie The line dancing sounds such fun, I've been looking out for a class nearby so I can join. :smile:

Bec I seem to have a knack of finding lost animals, I have found a jack russell dog - well he found me, he followed me home or maybe it was our dog he was following :laugh: in the end I coaxed in into the house - having got our two dogs out of the way. I asked around, but no one knew who he belonged to, so DD to him to the RSPCA where I think he was claimed the next day. I found a baby/young bird again DD took it to the RSPCA and a kitten (we nearly kept the kitten but we found the owner after nearly a week) and now the bunny :bigsmile: I hate the thought of anything being lost.

Weather here is awful. :grumble: It's rained every day since Thursday last week! Having to dry the washing in the drier and even though it is cool on a night time it's too early to put the heating on. so I wrap myself up in a blanket where's a hot flush (flash) when you want one :laugh:

Not sure what to do today :huh: Feel as if I should do something productive as I am not at work, but can't organise myself, there is so much to do I don't know where to start. What happened to my 'things to do today' list that I was supposed to start. That could be one of my things to do today - start a list :wink:

Well it's just started raining (again) thought it seemed to be getting darker. I'd better make a start - can't get out into the garden but there's plenty of little jobs to do inside, might start with de cluttering the cubbyhole under the stairs. Let's hope I'm in a throwing out mood :bigsmile: I have been known to move "stuff" from one place to another instead of throwing it away - well you never know when something may come in handy and be useful :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take care everyone and have a good Tuesday :flowerforyou:

Viv :heart:
  • chicletgirl
    Options
    Well my mom called me from the rehab facility she is in, because she wanted to check on how my date went. She was telling her physical therapist, who is 6' 2" and full of muscles about me today. She said his wife left him for another man. They have 3 children under 8 years old and he is only 32 years old. She said that she thinks he has the hots for me. That he talks about me all the time. (Probably because I am always bugging the people there regarding how things are going with my mom!) I told her she was crazy!! Then she proceeds to give me a sex talk about this new guy I am dating. I AM 52 YEARS OLD AND SHE IS 76, AND SHE IS GIVING ME THE SEX TALK NOW! Although it was not your typical abstinance sex talk. No way, not my mom.:noway: She starts telling me that I need to quit being so picky and expecting to be courted like I was back in high school. She says these days women have sex much earlier in the dating process. Usually by the 2nd or 3rd date, and some even on the first date. So she told me to quit being a prude and put out. (LITERALLY IN THOSE WORDS!:noway: ) Then she proceeds to tell me that she is so horny and has to fight off the urge for having sex!:laugh: Who in the H@*&L is she going to have sex with at this time in her life??? She can barely walk for Pete's sake! When I asked her that she said "You don't have to walk to have sex you know!:noway: :laugh:

Boy was my mom on a roll tonight! Other than my mom being horny, she is progressing well.

She actually embarrassed me. :blushing: Maybe I am a prude?:ohwell:

:flowerforyou: Ruthie

When Boo is at her normal peak self, (bouncing off the walls, aka Jack Russell Terrier) she's pullling me along on my walk with her. So yes, I have to say the perky dog definitely gets more calorie loss for you:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barb

So glad that it isn't something too serious that has caused your vision problem. I remember my mom having the same diagnosis as you and she just had to wait until it slowly cleared up. Who knows how my mom's eye got that way, probably from all the tumbles she has taken in her life.

:flowerforyou: Bec

Did the vet say you could give Angus more Milk thistle, or is the level in the dog food the maximum amount to give a dog? When will you know more about his condition?

Have a nice day tomorrow everyone!

:noway: MIMI, I MISS YOU AND YOUR POSTS. IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT THE JOURNALS YOU WRITE.:wink:

Chiclet
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.

I didn't get the chance to get back on yesterday. Not only was it my first swimming lesson, but it was also our 2nd wedding anniversary (and 22nd anniversary of being together). In addition to that, I was running my dad back and forth all afternoon. Very time consuming.

So, swimming. I didn't drown!!! For the first time in my life I actually floated (yes, Bec, I remembered to breath when my head was above water!) I had so many lessons when I was younger and was always told that I had 'negative buoyancy'. Well, I am inclined to think that what I really had was a fear of putting my head under the water. The swimming instructress is a darling. She's probably in her mid sixties and is extremely gentle and encouraging. At the age of 51 I think I may be able to learn to swim. Yee-haw!

One thing that I want to do is find some good conditioning shampoo to protect my hair against the chlorine in the pool. Any advice ladies?

DH and I exchanged anniversary cards last night and celebrated by just having a quite evening together. It was perfect. Once upon a time we would have arranged to go out to celebrate - but we've finally realised that we don't need to do that to enjoy each other's company. I did cook him his favourite meal though (chicken with tarragon, mushrooms, noodles, lemon and cashew nuts). We rarely eat the same thing at meals - something people often find strange, but we have such different tastes foodwise. I'm a vegetarian and he loves his meat (and I'm such a lovely wife that I cook meat for him). I bought some sweet potato and harissa dip from Sainsbury's. It is part of their 'be good to yourself' range - their healthier range. It was delicious and a real treat for me. I had it with tzatziki and some Ryvita multiseed thins. Yum! We shared a 'medley of melon' afterwards. Even though it was all 'healthy food', it did feel as if I'd had a special treat.

Barbiecat - it sounds like you are enjoying your line dancing! Good for you, I wish I had the gumption to give it a go. Also, how lovely that you were able to meet up with Robin.

Viv - my mum had a house rabbit that my sister found wandering the streets. They tried to find his owners, but ended up keeping it for about 6 years. It was one kwazy wabbit! Ate the bottom of mum's curtains and did all kinds of other damage. Mum loved the thing though.

Years ago we had a 'pet' badger that had strayed into our garden. It was much too young to be on it's own and we fed it and took care of it. After about six months it just disappeared.

Chiclet - just enjoy your date! Pizza doesn't have to be the death of a diet - make allowance for it in your calories and choose the best option. Your mum sounds like she's wanting to be a bit of a party girl at present, bless her heart.

Barb - I'm relieved for you that it's not a detached retina, but take care of yourself anyway. What will happen about your new job? Will you delay it?

Michele - what does the Bosu workout involve?

SuzyQ - I have the same problem if I exercise late in the evening. It takes me ages to unwind afterwards.

Laura - no new bruises is definitely a positive thing! You seem to have your balance back!

Conidala - welcome and you have definitely come to the right place for motivation. This site is brilliant for accountability too. Good luck.

Mary - congratulations on another grandson!

Renny - Isn't it lovely to catch up with someone you haven't seen for a while and for it to be like no time has passed?

Mimi - hope you're ok Sister Veggie Queen! We all miss you.

To everyone else and all newcomers - sorry if I didn't mention you individually, but I read all the posts and think of you all.

Must get moving now. Catch up with you all later.

Amanda x
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oh, one last thing before I go. When we were in bed last night, DH started giggling to himself. He told me that I've got a bony bum now! 92 pounds ago I would never have thought that anyone would ever feel any of my bones under all that padding! :smile:

x
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    HerbieSue: I figured my WW weight also, but still wonder if it is right for me. It did not include size of my frame. I am short, but would never consider myself "petite" except in the clothing world. When thin, I am still pretty muscular and am not fine-boned. Does that mean I should be the same weight as a pixie-framed person (tiny wristed - small feet, fine facial features - just not me) I am hoping like you that I will be able to discover my ideal weight as I look in the mirror.:ohwell:
    Bec

You WILL KNOW w hen you are at the best weight for you. And it doesn't have nearly so much to do with what the scale says as how you feel and where the rolls and buldges are. I am currently at my goal size. But now that I am there, it is obvious that I didn't set a proper goal as there are still rolls and buldges in places there shouldn't be. :blushing: I can now dress in such a way as to make others think I have lost all that is needed, but when I see myself in the mirror after a shower I KNOW there is work yet to do. I knowI'll never look like I'm in my 20s or 30s again, but I am determined to be the best me at this age I can be! :drinker:

CHICKLET, Your mom's sex talk made me laugh out loud. My mom shocked me several times that last few years of her life. My theory is that we all eventually lose the capacity to keep those thoughts that roam around in our heads from spilling out everywhere unhampered.

:flowerforyou: It didn't take me as long to unwind last night after zumba as I thought it would, but hubby had a restless night, so I did too. This morning I am sore in my lower back, but am hoping a nice hot shower will help that. Today after walking the dogs, I'm getting the hand weights out and my Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD. Its amazing how focused I am once I got the wake up call.

Instead of meeting my girlfriend for our Tuesday lunch today, she is coming here and I'm making tilapia and veggies. Thursdays has become my newest challenge as that is the day I get together with a group of ladies to sew and we potluck it. I suggested brown bagging it so everyone could bring what they wanted to eat, but no one but me liked that idea. Last week I made a strawberry spinach salad and it was tho only low calorie, low carb food there. There were loads of simple carbs though, not to mention 3 kinds of dessert :angry: So guess I'll become the official salad lady so there is always something I can eat. Its either that or just brown bag it myself and let them talk.

Its almost light enough to walk the girls, so better get off here and get busy.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barb – I'm sorry the news on your eye is so mixed between being good news and not being so good. I hope your vision clears up and your new job gets off to a good start.

Barbie & Robin – I'm glad the two of you got to meet and visit. I hope I get to meet more of the wonderful ladies in this group someday too. Can't wait for a picture <-hint

Chicklet – I love your mom! What a lively 76 year old she is! It just proves once a mom always a mom.

Amanda – Woohoo! On have a great swimming lesson. Good luck learning how to swim.

Today will be a tough day for me. too much to do and too many miles doing it. I will actually be having meat twice in one day which always seem to put me around 1400 calories in a day. I hope to have 30 minutes at the gym in between work and DS's soccer game.

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good Morning Ladies!!!:bigsmile:

I had an absolutely awesome day yesterday.:happy: I was back on the exercise wagon as I got in 4 hours. two hours on the treadmill and 2 hours of DVD's I started a new Turbo Fire program and I mixed in some old Turbo Jam favorites.:love:

I felt great by the time I drove over to meet Barbie. She is such a lovely, beautiful, lively and tiny, tiny person. I knew I would recognize her but of course she only really new me by the adorable black nose and floppy ears aka Bodi, :laugh: We had a great visit talking and it could have gone on longer but I had to get home to DH. I do have to say I love my car.:love: Its a Nissan 350z bright blue convertable. It fits my personality. Barbie is dancing so much and has learned so many new dances and they were only on day one!

Barb - I am glad your eye thing isn't worse but I can relate to how frustrating it can be when you can't see right. hang in there.

chiclet - the sex talk with mom was hilarious. although I have to admit, I had that talk with my dad when my mom passed. since he had been married for 65 years I wanted to be sure he was aware of safe sex practices. DH thought I was losing my mind when I brought the subject up to my dad :laugh: :laugh:

Amanda congrats on the successful first lesson. I don't remember a time in my life when I didn't swim. I was on a swim team in florida when I was 7 years old. And younger than that we lived in St Louis and the pool opened on Memorial day weekend every season. Since my birthday always falls around that weekend I was always having my birthday party at the community pool as young as 4. Before that we lived in Blythe, CA on the colorado river. My family all spent every weekend at the river. I have pix of me at 4 months old sitting in the river. Swimming is such a great thing to do. Oh, and I have noticed that it has become much less comfy to cuddle with DH since I have no padding anymore.

Suzzyque - bring your own food. you can always take something for everyone else too but look out for you. And I am right there with you on the really bringing it since I kicked myself in the butt!

Welcome to all the newbies.

viv - I am the queen of list making so that is where i would start:wink: but I think as long as you do anything it will all start to fall into place. just do one thing at a time.

Reb - sorry about your Aunt. How great to connect with old friends. I have a couple of women that I have known my whole life and even though it can be 5 or 10 years between visits, its like we have always been there. Its a great feeling. I'll bet when we finally meet it will almost feel like that too!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie = as I drove away yesterday I realized we didn't take a picture. I had a camera in my bag and everything but we got to talking and .......

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!!