A decent 2000kcal day with 40/30/30 macros from McDonalds

Options

Replies

• guitarguy310
    guitarguy310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If the twinkie diet can make you lose weight - so can this :o)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in promoting such a unhealthy lifestyle
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    What on earth is this recent obsession with including McDonalds in diets?

The point is to show it needn't be avoided.
  • wheird
    Options

Oh you.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

The point is to show it needn't be avoided.

to further that I'd say fast food can fit a healthy diet when used intelligently. That's what I'd say for it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    With that little veggies, the micronutrients won't be very good,e specially over time.

The sodium content already would make it almost impossible to hit that moderate protein goal without more than tripling the RDA of sodium, since it's already more than double.

But, if you're morbidly obese it probably beats staying that way, assuming you're not doing stenuous exercise.

Did you even look at it? A full salad and three side salads.

Though, I regularly include Panda for their mixed veggie side.

Panda express veggies taste like regret.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The macros look decent - but the actual food sounds pretty wretched to me, personally! Blech! :laugh:

And for the record, I have no problem with eating fast food - this menu just looks really unappealing. I can't even imagine choking down three of their side salads in a sitting.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fast food is bad for you in so many ways...and lack flavor. Cook with fresh foods at home!
  • wheird
    Options
    With that little veggies, the micronutrients won't be very good,e specially over time.

The sodium content already would make it almost impossible to hit that moderate protein goal without more than tripling the RDA of sodium, since it's already more than double.

But, if you're morbidly obese it probably beats staying that way, assuming you're not doing stenuous exercise.

Meh, only when they have sat out awhile. I usually get them made fresh and they just taste like steamed veggies with some sort of sauce. either way, I eat them for the micros.
  • _John_
    Options

Meh, only when they have sat out awhile. I usually get them made fresh and they just taste like steamed veggies with some sort of sauce. either way, I eat them for the micros.

panda is awesome...lots of nutrition in their entrees (not being sarcastic).
  • wheird
    Options
    Fast food is bad for you in so many ways...and lack flavor. Cook with fresh foods at home!

Thanks for this well thought post. I am now convinced.
  • wheird
    Options

panda is awesome...lots of nutrition in their entrees (not being sarcastic).

Teriyaki chicken, no sauce, 250 cal with 30g of protein. It really cannot be beat.
  • Achrya
    Options

They whisper to me "this could have been chow mein." And then regret.
  • wheird
    Options
    To play Devil's Advocate...the hardest part is getting enough fiber.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Because it's realistic.... If you want people to lose weight you need to teach them how to eat... not how much they can spend on little (talkin' to the clean eating and paleo folks here).... while I'm not an advocate by any means of McDonalds or that it's cheaper to eat at McD's than it is to buy and cook your own food... People are still going to eat there... I still eat there (I like their egg mcmuffins)... it's easy, convient and affordable...
  • wheird
    Options

I do half veggies, half chow mein when I have the carbs. :)
  • _John_
    Options

Teriyaki chicken, no sauce, 250 cal with 30g of protein. It really cannot be beat.

the only thing better is when you aren't behind on your macros and you can get the shanghi beef or the surf and turf instead of one of the teriyaki chickens...

(I think with the mixed veggies the macros on that (with beef or s&t and 1 teriyaki) are 33/33/33 ish).
  • _John_
    Options
    To play Devil's Advocate...the hardest part is getting enough fiber.

yup. I had to make this realistic and include their signature sandwich. You could get a lot more fiber by eating a chicken breast for those calories and redistribuiting the other 400 cals or so. But you'd lead to a (more) unrealistic actual diet at the end of the day.
  • Achrya
    Options

I do half veggies, half chow mein when I have the carbs. :)

I usually look at the chow mein and then ask myself what I want to spend my carbs on more: those tasty tasty noodles or some ice cream and cookies later.

Hard choices are hard. There just aren't enough carbs in the day.