A decent 2000kcal day with 40/30/30 macros from McDonalds

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    What on earth is this recent obsession with including McDonalds in diets?

The point is to show it needn't be avoided.

I think McDonalds should be avoided at all costs!
    Your evidence is truly compelling and our minds are forever changed by your contribution to this thread.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Look at your own success.

Now look at the level of success of the people in this thread saying McDonald's is fine.

Now reconsider your post.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yep. Looks like a great day to me. I, too, enjoy fast food all the time and continue to lose weight and get healthier.
    popcorn2.gif
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    I am not sure of the hate directed toward fast food. I am sure with the volume of food they sell everyday that it is probably fresher than what you'll buy in a grocery store. I think people watch too many documentaries.

You must never have worked in fast food or been in a fast food kitchen.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    jesus.................

In for jesus.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

You keep on doing what's working for you, and I'll keep on doing what's working for me (which includes eating fast food several times a week) :wink:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of the hate directed toward fast food. I am sure with the volume of food they sell everyday that it is probably fresher than what you'll buy in a grocery store. I think people watch too many documentaries.

You must never have worked in fast food or been in a fast food kitchen.

I know very well that the procedures that all fast food chains have meet or exceed the Dept. Of Health requirements. Just because you chose not to follow them does not reflect on the industry as a whole.

I worked at a couple Subways and made sure to keep them pristine and followed the proper food safety procedures.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying McDonalds is "good" or "optimum" I'm just saying you could make their food work even if that's all you had to choose from.

It would be even easier to work a meal or so a day into an even more "optimum" diet.

You CAN make "acceptably decent" choices at McDonald's and almost every other fast food place IMO, and that's what I wanted to highlight in this extreme example.
  • molly_82
    molly_82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    McDonalds isn't going away. This is a great way to demonstrate that not every meal at a fast food restaurant is a tumble off the weight-loss wagon. *IF* American eating habits trend toward healthier, more balanced options, large restaurants will (and do) follow suit. Being judgy-judgy and saying that in order to live a "healthy" lifestyle, you must carry a cooler of home-cooked foods and fresh produce with you everywhere you go is simply unrealistic for many people. It's NOT an all-or-nothing lifestyle, and to perpetuate that a life absent of all fast-food is the only way to live healthfully is antagonistic and setting people up for massive failure.

Thanks for this, OP.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    McDonalds isn't going away. This is a great way to demonstrate that not every meal at a fast food restaurant is a tumble off the weight-loss wagon. *IF* American eating habits trend toward healthier, more balanced options, large restaurants will (and do) follow suit. Being judgy-judgy and saying that in order to live a "healthy" lifestyle, you must carry a cooler of home-cooked foods and fresh produce with you everywhere you go is simply unrealistic for many people. It's NOT an all-or-nothing lifestyle, and to perpetuate that a life absent of all fast-food is the only way to live healthfully is antagonistic and setting people up for massive failure.

Thanks for this, OP.
    Nice first post. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Thanks for this, OP.
    Nice first post. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's rare to say that without a hint of sarcasm.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Thanks for this, OP.

I like you.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    On a somewhat related note, is there anything bad about ingesting loads of sodium other than it'll make you retain water? What if you drink a ton of water every day? Is it bad then?

Not rhetorical, I truly want to know.
  • SpaceJackal
    SpaceJackal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I learned through countless failures and false starts that banning certain types of foods doesn't work for me. It may work for a lot of other people, but it just makes me break all the more quickly. It is only recently when I learned to watch my portions and still be able to enjoy what I want that I've finally started to see success. Not much, but it is certainly a start and is slowly becoming a habit.

"Clean" eating doesn't work for me. I'd rather learn how to make better choices with types of food I am familiar with, even if these foods happen to be fast food, frozen food, or any "bad" foods out there. If this means I'll get some sort of unspecified disease at some sort of unspecified period of my life, then whatever. It is probably better for me than staying morbidly obese.

Thank you, OP. Your information is very useful for me.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    jesus.................

I'm pretty sure he's not here but strong first post
    Well... there were 4 salads in this day. Where do you think that lettuce and other fruits and vegetables come from?

thanks-jesus-for-this-food-de-nada.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    On a somewhat related note, is there anything bad about ingesting loads of sodium other than it'll make you retain water? What if you drink a ton of water every day? Is it bad then?

I've read that no, it really isn't all that bad if you don't already have high blood pressure. It's actually really important for athletes. I just found this article by a quick google search:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sunday/we-only-think-we-know-the-truth-about-salt.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    With that little veggies, the micronutrients won't be very good,e specially over time.

The sodium content already would make it almost impossible to hit that moderate protein goal without more than tripling the RDA of sodium, since it's already more than double.

But, if you're morbidly obese it probably beats staying that way, assuming you're not doing stenuous exercise.

Did you even look at it? A full salad and three side salads.

Though, I regularly include Panda for their mixed veggie side.

Panda express veggies taste like regret.
    I actually like them. Throw some hot mustard on them and it's an easy and tasty way to get more vegetables in and hit my fiber goal.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I've read that no, it really isn't all that bad if you don't already have high blood pressure. It's actually really important for athletes. I just found this article by a quick google search:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sunday/we-only-think-we-know-the-truth-about-salt.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Thank you! I'll check it out. :flowerforyou:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I really, really appreciate this post. It's a New Year and all the "healthy" food fascists are out there doing their hating on so-called "junk food." Thank you, OP!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Personally, right now I'm trying to stay way from McDonald's... because I like their hashbrowns and fries WAY too much... and who can resist getting a large Dr Pepper for only $1? Ok, maybe it's just me that can't... But there are just going to be some instances where I'm gonna go there...