A decent 2000kcal day with 40/30/30 macros from McDonalds

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Personally, right now I'm trying to stay way from McDonald's... because I like their hashbrowns and fries WAY too much... and who can resist getting a large Dr Pepper for only $1? Ok, maybe it's just me that can't... But there are just going to be some instances where I'm gonna go there...

diet dr.pepper tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper....(than diet coke?)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Personally, right now I'm trying to stay way from McDonald's... because I like their hashbrowns and fries WAY too much... and who can resist getting a large Dr Pepper for only $1? Ok, maybe it's just me that can't... But there are just going to be some instances where I'm gonna go there...

diet dr.pepper tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper....(than diet coke?)

I know... but I still don't like it... blech! I might could do a cherry coke zero, but it's hard to find outside of say Fuddruckers and their super duper fountian drink machine.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I learned through countless failures and false starts that banning certain types of foods doesn't work for me. It may work for a lot of other people, but it just makes me break all the more quickly. It is only recently when I learned to watch my portions and still be able to enjoy what I want that I've finally started to see success. Not much, but it is certainly a start and is slowly becoming a habit.

"Clean" eating doesn't work for me. I'd rather learn how to make better choices with types of food I am familiar with, even if these foods happen to be fast food, frozen food, or any "bad" foods out there. If this means I'll get some sort of unspecified disease at some sort of unspecified period of my life, then whatever. It is probably better for me than staying morbidly obese.

Thank you, OP. Your information is very useful for me.

Another excellent first post. :flowerforyou:

I don't eat at McDonald's often, myself. But you can take my egg mcmuffin when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Now I want a diet DP or Coke Zero.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What on earth is this recent obsession with including McDonalds in diets?

The point is to show it needn't be avoided.

I think McDonalds should be avoided at all costs!

Look at your own success.

Now look at the level of success of the people in this thread saying McDonald's is fine.

Now reconsider your post.

I don't think it's bad for weight loss, I just think it's one of the most disgusting things you can put in your mouth. As a teenager, I worked the circuit of fast food places and they were all very dirty, very unsanitary and a lot of the kids who worked there liked to add "extras" to the food - mostly bodily fluids. If I can't see my food being made from basic ingredients to finished product, I am not going to take the chance that there is something in there that I am not aware of.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Not liking it yourself is different from saying others should avoid it.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    jesus.................

I'm pretty sure he's not here but strong first post
    Well... there were 4 salads in this day. Where do you think that lettuce and other fruits and vegetables come from?

thanks-jesus-for-this-food-de-nada.jpg

mcdonald-supper.jpg
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I don't just not like it, I think it's potentially dangerous and that's why I would advise people to avoid it.
  • wheird
    Options

I don't just not like it, I think it's potentially dangerous and that's why I would advise people to avoid it.

Please explain the potential danger.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Dangerous? Good lord.
  • wheird
    Options

Now look at the level of success of the people in this thread saying McDonald's is fine.

I don't think it's bad for weight loss, I just think it's one of the most disgusting things you can put in your mouth. As a teenager, I worked the circuit of fast food places and they were all very dirty, very unsanitary and a lot of the kids who worked there liked to add "extras" to the food - mostly bodily fluids. If I can't see my food being made from basic ingredients to finished product, I am not going to take the chance that there is something in there that I am not aware of.

Did you report the unsanitary conditions to the health department? Did you call the police on the kids adding "extras"?
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • wheird
    Options

Dangerous? Good lord.

Ever eat a hard shell taco and have it position itself to stab you in the roof of the mouth?
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    On a somewhat related note, is there anything bad about ingesting loads of sodium other than it'll make you retain water? What if you drink a ton of water every day? Is it bad then?

Not rhetorical, I truly want to know.

Yes.

Consider that, like lots of things, there's a wide margin of safety. The body needs about 200 mgs/day for proper function. Medical experts recommend daily intake not exceeding 2300 for people without HBP, or other risk factors like familial history of cardiovascular disease or stroke and 1500 for those who do.

The Harvard School of Public Health, found higher intake of salt can cause a 23 percent increase in the incidence stroke and a 14 percent increase in heart disease. Some other risks include an increase in osteoporosis because sodium leaches calcium from bones (one of the reasons soda, even the diet kind can be so problematic for women especially) and increased load on your kidneys.

A few days like the OP posted are not a problem for a healthy adult, but ongoing overconsumption is not healthy long term.

The bigger issue with the food plan posted is that if you sourced a similar day's meal plan from a grocery store and prepared them yourself, you would easily be able to re-create this plan with far less sodium, even with more sauces and flavors. So, why inlcude extra sodium? Because salty foods disrupt the fluid balance causing thirst, and the body cannot distinguish between thirst and hunger, making a person more likley to overconsume.
  • Greytfish
    Options

Did you report the unsanitary conditions to the health department? Did you call the police on the kids adding "extras"?

If he did, they're probably still laughing at him...
  • wheird
    Options

If he did, they're probably still laughing at him...

Considering that it is assault, I doubt it.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Considering that it is assault, I doubt it.

Don't quite your day job to take up law.
  • wheird
    Options
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    im hangry now...

giphy.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonald's for 5 years, 3 of it in management. All mangers were required to take year food safety courses. There was usually a manager in the grill at all times. A timer was set up and every employee was to wash their hands every 30 minutes (and of course before and after bathroom breaks, both in the bathroom and once again in the kitchen). If any employee was caught spitting or defiling food in anyway, they were fired immediately (I only saw it happen once in all 5 years). Food was kept on strict timers, yes, late at night occasionally those timers were not followed, so yeah, sometimes late at night your food won't be as fresh as it should be. And yes, most of the food is cooked from frozen and not "fresh" so there's that. McDonalds has sense switched to a procedure where now everything is made to order instead of pre-made, and for the most part you can see it being made. I ate McDonald's probably 10 meals a day for those 5 years, was never obese and was only slightly overweight which could be blamed on beer instead. I currently eat there probably about once a week now.

However Wendy's apple pecan salad is the hands down best fast food salad EVER.