A decent 2000kcal day with 40/30/30 macros from McDonalds

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    To play Devil's Advocate...the hardest part is getting enough fiber.

yup. I had to make this realistic and include their signature sandwich. You could get a lot more fiber by eating a chicken breast for those calories and redistribuiting the other 400 cals or so. But you'd lead to a (more) unrealistic actual diet at the end of the day.

If you deviate from McDonalds, a bowl from Chipotle that includes beans fixes the fiber issue.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    In for debate about how you're still going to get disease or something crazy later on in life because you eat fast food. (I am not one of those believers, though.)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    still not convinced that eating fast food is ok! Look at the sodium alone!

Advocating the idea that fast food places are not so bad just fosters people to think it is ok to eat there. I do believe that eating at a fast food place is ok on occasion, I myself try to keep it at 1 or 2 times per year. But advocating three daily meals at mcD's is unhealthy and sets a bad example to young people.

I eat it 2-3x per day due to travelling. I am healthier than I have ever been.

Traveling is not an excuse. By a cooler and pack your food. Cheaper that way. I think if you keep up this way you will not feel so well soon. But to each their own. I am critical of this because I just had a recent health scare. This "menu" looks like a coronary to me, not healthy at all.

Yeah, because packing food for a two week trip is reasonable.

And I have been doing it for years, just not as healthily as I do now.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Advocating the idea that fast food places are not so bad just fosters people to think it is ok to eat there. I do believe that eating at a fast food place is ok on occasion, I myself try to keep it at 1 or 2 times per year. But advocating three daily meals at mcD's is unhealthy and sets a bad example to young people.

Traveling is not an excuse. By a cooler and pack your food. Cheaper that way. I think if you keep up this way you will not feel so well soon. But to each their own. I am critical of this because I just had a recent health scare. This "menu" looks like a coronary to me, not healthy at all.

That might work if you are driving... but I'm pretty sure TSA won't be so tolerant of a cooler pack of food... seeing as I have been patted down over closed packages of apple juice for my toddler.... but I digress.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

That might work if you are driving... but I'm pretty sure TSA won't be so tolerant of a cooler pack of food... seeing as I have been patted down over closed packages of apple juice for my toddler.... but I digress.

LOL, that's what I was thinking too......
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options

Apply juice is one of the "deadly" liquids. I take food through TSA routinely without issue. Just have to buy your water after security.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

How long is "soon"?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Not bad. The no dressing thing is pretty crazy when a half-packet of the Italian or Balsamic is like 30 calories and is more than enough for a salad.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I've been eating fast food 5+ times a week my entire life. I wonder how long it'll be before I don't feel so well.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    With that little veggies, the micronutrients won't be very good,e specially over time.

The sodium content already would make it almost impossible to hit that moderate protein goal without more than tripling the RDA of sodium, since it's already more than double.

But, if you're morbidly obese it probably beats staying that way, assuming you're not doing stenuous exercise.

Did you even look at it? A full salad and three side salads.

Though, I regularly include Panda for their mixed veggie side.

Oh, I did. Then I had a good laugh.

Apply juice is one of the "deadly" liquids. I take food through TSA routinely without issue. Just have to buy your water after security.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of the hate directed toward fast food. I am sure with the volume of food they sell everyday that it is probably fresher than what you'll buy in a grocery store. I think people watch too many documentaries.
  • eager4death
    eager4death Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jesus.................
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I'm not touching the fast food debate, but I've also taken packed food through airport security. I carried three apples once, and they wanted to search my bag at one airport, but my next flight with the apples in the bag didn't throw off the security people, so that just depends. I've also taken crackers, a sandwich, veggies, etc. None of it has ever been confiscated. Even the stuff they questioned through the xray machine, they just wanted to see what it was. I also take an empty water bottle and fill it up from a water fountain once through security.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    OP - Thoughtful choices. You've already taken a bunch of flack for it being "fast food", etc. I don't subscribe to that way of thinking and am right with you (though I'm not sure I could go 3 times in the same day). As another poster said, try the grilled chicken thai wrap the next time you experiment at McD's.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    jesus.................

I'm pretty sure he's not here but strong first post
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm now using my own diary to track the food I actually ate today. just a heads up for those looking for my actual listings for each individual item. You'll just have to trust me now.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    jesus.................
    Strong username /10
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What on earth is this recent obsession with including McDonalds in diets?

The point is to show it needn't be avoided.

I think McDonalds should be avoided at all costs!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

I've been eating fast food 5+ times a week my entire life. I wonder how long it'll be before I don't feel so well.

I agree! I eat fast food often, hit my macro targets and feel great. While sodium is a concern for some (with high blood pressure, etc), others (endurance athletes, etc) could use more sodium.

http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/pass-salt?page=single

Usain Bolt ate 1,000 chicken nuggets while in China for the Olympics. He also won 3 gold medals that year (100 meter, 200 meter, and 4x100 meter relay events):

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/usain-bolt-says-ate-thousand-chicken-nuggets-during-201309856--oly.html

He also won 3 more gold medals in 2012 (same events). Someone tell Usain how unhealthy he is eating so that he can change his diet and do better in 2016.