ME? LOSE 100 POUNDS? Impossible, but I did it!

Options

Replies

• emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I feel very privileged to have been able to follow the tail end of your journey, and can't wait to hear about all the amazing things you are going to do with your new knees, sis!
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't reply often to posts, but your story is so amazing. It is truly inspring to hear about success from someone who could have easily given up and said, I won't or can't lose the weight. If you can do it despite the pain, then we all can.

Congratulations on your success., Thank You for your inspiration, and Good Luck as you continue your journey!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A fabulous success story! Congrats my friend! Continue to inspire people!
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So amazing, you are glowing.
    I must say you look 20 years younger, just wait until you get those knees.
    Whatch out world.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration and you look so much younger now! I have about 15 pounds until I meet my goal, but your story just pushes me to not allow any excuses to hold me back. I let stress eating pack the pounds on about three years ago and have lost 20 lbs so far. I have been up and down in the last year, but I am determined to get healthy and consistent this year. Would you mind telling us more about your actual diet/food plan?

Once I made up my mind to get serious and 'diet' (a four letter word that I hate), I went for extreme choice at first. In December 2012, I was consuming only meal replacement shakes and bars. My sweet doctor asked me to "...eat some real food please." That's when I decided to start counting calories and found MFP. With all my labs done and clearance from my doctor and nutritionist, I began eating 1,000 calories a day...3 meals and a snack.

That number of calorie IS SUITABLE from someone of my age whose activity level was limited by my wheelchair dependent life. I don't advice other people to follow my example of food and calorie limits. Everyone is different and should be checked out by their doctor, before assuming that they are okay with their chosen food plan.

During and post surgery, I have increased my daily calorie to 1,200 and still continue to lose weight steadily. Once I am back to swimming and on my feet, I may be able to eat even more calories; but I prefer to NOT calculate exercise calorie credits. I think that can be very misleading.

Absolutely LOVE that your doc asked you to eat real food! :love: Your story is very inspiring! You are awesome! What did you do for exercise (besides swimming)?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Outstanding!!
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant results and inspirational. The way you told your story was great and kept me interested in your journey, how you gained the weight and what made you want to change. Good luck on the rest of our journey and best wishes :)
  • bmp1967
    bmp1967 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your story was so touching and a true example of bravery and commitment! I commend your attitude and accomplishment! You did this for yourself and no one can take this away from you. Your example has truly given me a solid example to emulate. I am so happy for you and will continue to work towards my goal, knowing that you have come even closer to yours. Congratulations and keep focused.
  • focknfree
    focknfree Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations!
  • betsysbesty
    betsysbesty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have blown out of the water all those theories that say that you cannot lose weight as you get older! I am just starting on the 100 pound journey and it seems such a huge target, yet you have done it in 14 months, which is incredible! So now I know that it can be done. I also love swimming so am delighted to hear that it has made such a difference to you. Well done on your achievement and thank you so much for sharing... and motivating everyone :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    This is more than a success story, it's true inspiration. You are an amazing woman, I hope everyone reads this! :flowerforyou:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic transformation. Congratulations on all your hard work. Glad you've been able to get yourself out of the wheelchair and soon walking without the walker.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say congratulations!!!! I love your new pictures!! You look so happy and healthy!! Fantastic work Sue!!!
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I look amazing! Thank you for sharing such an awesome story.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WOW...so inspirational! I just love that smile on your face - you deserve to be grinning from ear to ear!! Kudos to you!
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    YOU are a TRUE Inspiration!!!! Congratulations on the NEW YOU!!!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE that your doc asked you to eat real food! :love: Your story is very inspiring! You are awesome! What did you do for exercise (besides swimming)?

I started out working with a DVD called Sit And Fit. It is about an hour of exercises intended for older folks and especially for those of us with physical limitations. I did that each day, until I rediscovered swimming. Once, I was in the pool...that became my daily exercise, because it worked all part of my body without putting any strain on my ruined knees.

Once my surgeon clears me to resume my daily workouts at the local health club, I hope to add some other exercises, including cycling and maybe even some of the other strange mechanical devices in the gym.
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!!
  • momslastdiet
    momslastdiet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have followed you on your journey and you are such an inspiration! Awesome!! I too had to lose weight for knee replacement surgery (I'm 58), and was lucky enough to have both my knees done in July of last year :) It has been life changing for me, and I hope yours will be soon. Exercising is so much easier, even though I'm not at my goal, it makes every day better. Let me know when you have your surgery, as moral support and ideas during recuperation are very helpful! Add me if you'd like :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have followed you on your journey and you are such an inspiration! Awesome!! I too had to lose weight for knee replacement surgery (I'm 58), and was lucky enough to have both my knees done in July of last year :) It has been life changing for me, and I hope yours will be soon. Exercising is so much easier, even though I'm not at my goal, it makes every day better. Let me know when you have your surgery, as moral support and ideas during recuperation are very helpful! Add me if you'd like :)

My double knee replacement surgery was done on December 16th. I am slow but surely get stronger, as the recovery pain grows less and less each day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!