ME? LOSE 100 POUNDS? Impossible, but I did it!

Options

Replies

• apeacefulway
    Options
    Love the photos! You are an inspiration!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration and you look so much younger now! I have about 15 pounds until I meet my goal, but your story just pushes me to not allow any excuses to hold me back. I let stress eating pack the pounds on about three years ago and have lost 20 lbs so far. I have been up and down in the last year, but I am determined to get healthy and consistent this year. Would you mind telling us more about your actual diet/food plan?

Once I made up my mind to get serious and 'diet' (a four letter word that I hate), I went for extreme choice at first. In December 2012, I was consuming only meal replacement shakes and bars. My sweet doctor asked me to "...eat some real food please." That's when I decided to start counting calories and found MFP. With all my labs done and clearance from my doctor and nutritionist, I began eating 1,000 calories a day...3 meals and a snack.

That number of calorie IS SUITABLE from someone of my age whose activity level was limited by my wheelchair dependent life. I don't advice other people to follow my example of food and calorie limits. Everyone is different and should be checked out by their doctor, before assuming that they are okay with their chosen food plan.

During and post surgery, I have increased my daily calorie to 1,200 and still continue to lose weight steadily. Once I am back to swimming and on my feet, I may be able to eat even more calories; but I prefer to NOT calculate exercise calorie credits. I think that can be very misleading.
  • 360hope360
    Options
    You brought happy tears to my eyes. You look great now and I know if you can do it it helps me to know I can do it. You really look great and your story is a true inspiration.
  • GirlieGirl2013
    GirlieGirl2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What a FABULOUS story!! You are truly an inspiration to all!! You have proven that age doesnt matter!!! You are a FABULOUS Grannie with a million dollar dazzling smile!!! :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm in love! :love:

Truly inspirational. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! What an inspiration! :)
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    so very awesome! thank you so much for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • JennaNevada
    JennaNevada Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing story - I really needed that inspiration this morning. Thank you for sharing.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Absolutely astounding! You're an inspiration <3
  • putdownthebiscuit
    putdownthebiscuit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration! What an amazing gift you gave yourself and others by your example. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm about the beginning of my journey and this will be a post I know I will revisit.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Thanks for sharing.
  • DropBeatsandWeight
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!
  • StarFit4Life
    StarFit4Life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome story!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing success story. Congratulations on your hard work.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    nice job!!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!! Great job!
  • jessicamosborne
    jessicamosborne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!!
  • misenhower
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!