Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my brother took my maternity pics and has posted a few on his website:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=35239&id=112735022075630&fbid=157047127644419
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    my brother took my maternity pics and has posted a few on his website:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=35239&id=112735022075630&fbid=157047127644419

Oh Angela I absolutely love them! The poses are so creative! And I really have to say that you look awesome! I particularly like the one of you and Dh in the doorway, and of you peaking around the corner. Congrats!

How are you feeling? I was catching up on this board today - I hope you're doing okay!
  • yessie75
    Options
    Angela, your pictures are awesome and you look so good. You should enter the one in the doorway in some kind of baby bump contest, I bet you'll win first prize.

Jalara, I like your wedding picture, too. Congratulations!!!!

I went to my 36 weeks appointment this afternoon :smile: I'm measuring exactly where I'm supposed to be and she's head down. I'm also dilated two centimeters. The doc felt the baby's head :smooched: I feel so excited that things are finally moving along. I know I can be 2 centimeters for weeks, but I'm starting to see the light!

My current weight is 172, I've gained 32 lbs so far.

My husband said I should pack my hospital bag and keep it in my car in case I go into labor at school. We live in the country, about 40 minutes from my school and about 50 from the hospital. So I guess that sounds sensible. I'll pack it this weekend.
    Anyway, that's my update.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have wonderful news!!! I went to my Dr. today for my 8 weeks appointment and heart the heartbeat :heart: and got our first ultrasound picture! It's sooo amazing!!! I knew I was pregnant before, but it makes it so much more real to hear and see it! It was a truly wonderful experience! :love:

Angela...so excited for you! Your little one will be here soon! YAY!

Yessie - sounds like you're progressing too....yay!! Hope your little first graders aren't driving you crazy :wink:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Angela--best of luck to you, and remember you can do it!! It won't be long now, and remember they grow up really fast so enjoy it while they are teeny! I like to forget about everything else and just spend time holding that baby.

I can't believe it is September already!

I found out last night that my thyroid levels are way off, so I have a quickly madeEndo appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well. This is nothing new. I had my thyroid removed 5 years ago, I expeted to have to make changes to my meds but not quite this drastic. We will see what happens.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Angela--I love the pictures they are great.

Good luck with the thyroid issues hopefully it won't be a big deal

Congrats on see the heart beat that is always fun.

I had spotting at the beggining of the week so they are seeing me early before the holiday weekend tomorrow to hear the heart beat and possibly another U/S. I'm sure things will be fine.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow Angela love the pics! They are so adorable :smile:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - I love the pics, they are so creative. Your brother has some amazing talent.

Yessie- You are almost there! I cant wait to see pics of your little one.

mwilson - Did you have an internal u/s to hear the heart beat? My appointment will be at 8weeks and 1 day, and I was thinking I wouldn't be able to hear it, but if you did, maybe I will be able to as well!

I think the morning sickness is starting to kick in. I had to have DH bring me gingerale before I even got out of bed this morning!!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Angela - I love the pics, they are so creative. Your brother has some amazing talent.

Yessie- You are almost there! I cant wait to see pics of your little one.

mwilson - Did you have an internal u/s to hear the heart beat? My appointment will be at 8weeks and 1 day, and I was thinking I wouldn't be able to hear it, but if you did, maybe I will be able to as well!

I think the morning sickness is starting to kick in. I had to have DH bring me gingerale before I even got out of bed this morning!!

Yes! We got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat through the ultrasound. We were not sure if they were going to do this today...but they did! :smile: It was amazing. You can see the heart beating on the screen too!

I have my husband bring me juice or something before I get up too...it really helps. That and saltines.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Tahmed - yeah morning sickness or as I like to call it all day sickness is probably kicking in. Mine started around 5 weeks and is still in full swing. It would be nice if it were only in the morning but I have it pretty much from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, sometimes it even wakes me up. Small frequent snacks seems to help as well as gingerale and crackers. Try to just get extra rest when possible.

Anyone else unable to eat meat? I swear I think I have become a vegetarian because I can not stand the sight or thought of meat. Funny thing though... I can go pick up a hamburger and eat it. Just don't ask me to cook it, and I sure don't care for any other meat... just a burger with ketchup, mustard and xtra pickles of course.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I HATED meat my first trimester! The thought and smell of it grossed me out. If I started eating it anyway I was fine with some meats, but I was pretty much the same way. :-)
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I'm the same way about meat!! I can eat it anywhere if we go out...but I think smelling it cook at home and then eating it is what's getting me. My husband made a kind of baked chicken the other day, now I can't even stand to think about it....
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    With me it is anything I have to cook...If I just warm it up it is fine, b ut cooking--no way!! Hamburgers with extra pickles are very tasty--:bigsmile:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I agree about not calling it morning sickness. Up until this point, I just feel yucky from about 4pm until I go to bed, but this morning was a wake up call!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    wow september already....

Angela - great pics! you are so close! are you getting excited?

Looks like lots of morning sickness going around. Take care of yourselves ladies.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those who got to hear your babies heart beating...One of my very dear friends had her first ultra sound this week as well. They saw the heartbeat and the Dr. looked at her and said "Yup, you're def pregnant!" and she looked at him and said "Well good considering i've been throwing up everyday for the past 2 weeks!" Such an exciting time for you guys!

Angela - I had seen your post a little while back about cloth diapers? I've never used them but wondered what you're final decision was on that? I want to try to find a store in my area to "play" with some to see what i'd like to do with my next one! (I keep telling my hubster that he has such a NON-eco-friendly job that the least we can do it TRY to help lessen our carbon foot print! :laugh: )
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Angela, I LOVE your pictures! You look wonderful!

I’m been MIA for a while here, but I’m pretty active on the Fit for Future Families thread. We still have 3 more months before we start TTC, so I’m doing everything I can to get rid of these last 15 pounds before then.

On Monday I went with my friend to her doctor appointment because her fiancé got stuck at work - she’s due September 10th. I started to cry when I heard the baby’s heartbeat. For as silly as it sounds considering I’m not the pregnant one – it was the most amazing thing I’d ever heard in my life. When the doctor saw me getting teary eyed she said, “oh honey, you’re ready!” :laugh:
  • jessdawn1982
    jessdawn1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    buping so i don't loose the page
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Angela, I LOVE your pictures!

Congrats on all the great progress everyone, but sorry for the "all day sickness" It is interesting to hear that most of you can not stand meat. I'm very courious how it will be for myself hopefully soon.

I’m been MIA for a while here, but I’m pretty active on the Fit for Future Families thread. I am still waiting for the Depo to leave my system before TTC. :frown: So signs yet... but I'm excited for all of you!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Angela, I LOVE your pictures! You look wonderful!

I’m been MIA for a while here, but I’m pretty active on the Fit for Future Families thread. We still have 3 more months before we start TTC, so I’m doing everything I can to get rid of these last 15 pounds before then.

On Monday I went with my friend to her doctor appointment because her fiancé got stuck at work - she’s due September 10th. I started to cry when I heard the baby’s heartbeat. For as silly as it sounds considering I’m not the pregnant one – it was the most amazing thing I’d ever heard in my life. When the doctor saw me getting teary eyed she said, “oh honey, you’re ready!” :laugh:

That must have been amazing!