Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had a vbac? When I went to the doctor yesterday she asked if I wanted to try or just have a section again, I said a section but apparently my husband wants me to try vaginal because you heal faster. I just never even thought of it, I know that sounds stupid, but the idea of pushing a baby out is scary to me.

I don't even know if i can right now, I didn't have a choice with the last one. I'll have to wait until I get further along to see how big the head will be.

I did get to hear the hb again and I just busted out laughing because it was so freakin' cute. She also told me that I shouldn't gain any more weight with my pregnancy. The 10 lbs I've already put on is enough and the baby would be fine living off the fat stores I have. That I should start following a diabetic diet now and we will do the gestational test at 20 weeks instead of later.:embarassed:

Always lots of fun going to the doctor.

P.S. I'm not sure about the bloody show, I didn't have it last time even though I was in labor.

I never had a c-section just two natural deliveries. A vbac is very feasible. Ask your doc about it and look it up, get very informed. They really recommend having vbacs as it is healthier, your risk of needing a c-section in the end is of course a bit greater but they will watch you closer. You definitely heal faster with a vaginal birth. But you need to do what is right for you. Pushing the baby out isn't the hard part for me...both of mine rather fell out once it was time. Just be sure that you are holding onto something...I think I will try standing up for this one, gravity really makes a difference and laying down I almost killed the nurses hand...(She was holding back my knee, it was a quick delivery!) I am telling you that you can do anything you put your mind to... If you decide it is what you want it will work out!

I am going to start the diabetic diet here soon too. I just need to print out my sheets so that I can be vigilant about it. I am sure I will have the diabetic test at 20 weeks too. We are in this together! Stupid weight gain! (I have gained 10lbs also) Time to buy more eggs. I lived on omelets and scrambled eggs last time!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Deb,

Here is a great website for helping with the diet. I liked that it gave the option of being a bigger woman and not just putting me in the regular weight guidelines.

I sat down tonight and created a meal plan for tomorrow hopefully to follow.

Today was a disaster I at chick fil a and within about 10 mins I couldn't get home fast enough I was so tired. It made me feel aweful.

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/eating_ez/#meal
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday, ladies!! I weighed in this morning and I am still at 154.4...only a 1 lb weight gain so far. I CAN NOT believe that! I have been eating HORRIBLY! Fast food, junk food...absolutely no veggies....I'm sure it will catch up with me, though. Hopefully I can start eating well again, but the thought of the veggies still makes me want to gag! :sick:

CKmama, You can do this! You and Debnu can do it together!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Just checking in to say Hi. :happy:
    I love hearing about your experiences, even though sometimes it makes me happy that I am not preggers yet. :wink:

Happy Friday! Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend and get some much-needed rest! Stay positive! :flowerforyou:
  • seestellarun13_1
    seestellarun13_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good morning - I'm so far behind. I've missed so much in a week.

Update: Went to the doc on Monday for my 20w check up. Everything is looking good except the baby has a cyst in his neck/spinal area. Not sure the appropriate medical name for it but the doc said it's common at this stage. I go in at 24w for my sugar blood testing and will have another ultrasound then. Please keep us in your prayers. On a good note everything is completely on target. He is a healthy little boy now weight 11 ounces. So I would assume the 24 total pounds I gained is from all of the Mountain Trail Mix from Wal-Mart!:noway:

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend - and stay safe and healthy! I hope to stay more focused on checking in with you guys. You are all so inspiring and thoughtful!

Angela - hang in there girl.:flowerforyou: Is this your first LO?
  • debnu1
    Options
    Vegies still don't sound so wonderful--Although I had some and dip the other day. Really good except the broccoli sure didn't like me...Eating them plain just doesn't cut it right now. I actually made dinner the other night. It was kings ranch chicken. Basically glorified nachos. Boy did it taste good.

Thanks for the link Katrina. I am thinking I should bite the bullet and get more glucose test strips from my OB, Just start the whole thing again. Better safe than sorry.

We are going camping tonight. Yay! The last trip of the season. Now to get the house clean, everything packed and ready without collapsing or getting sick. Wish me luck. It is funny I feel good unless I go too long without food or move around too much. I feel like a weakling. Moving slow!!!!
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday, ladies!! I weighed in this morning and I am still at 154.4...only a 1 lb weight gain so far. I CAN NOT believe that! I have been eating HORRIBLY! Fast food, junk food...absolutely no veggies....I'm sure it will catch up with me, though. Hopefully I can start eating well again, but the thought of the veggies still makes me want to gag! :sick:

Ooh, I am so with you on that one. I have thankfully not been gaining weight, despite the awful, awful things I've been eating lately. I feel so guilty, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to eat most things. I occasionally have a "good" day where I can eat one real meal with all the good food groups, but for the most part I've been living off of popcorn, soup, and carbs galore. Plus, since I'm feeling so blah these days, it's a miracle if I even get some exercise in. I'm looking forward to the second trimester when this goes away and I can start eating right again.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor yesterday, and measured exactly right. 8wk1day, so everything is right on track. DH liked the doctor, so that is good too. Came home and put out the M&M's with our names and baby on them, and my mom found them within an hour. She kind of went into shock, and then got really excited. My dad was pretty excited too. We took them out for a really nice dinner to celebrate. Today starts the phone calls to the rest of the family to let them know too. Its funny, I really couldn't wait to tell people, but now that its time, I am not nearly excited. kind of strange.

Still feeling queezy in the afternoon and evening, but morning time seems to be getting a little better.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ckmama
    Options
    I went to the doctor yesterday, and measured exactly right. 8wk1day, so everything is right on track. DH liked the doctor, so that is good too. Came home and put out the M&M's with our names and baby on them, and my mom found them within an hour. She kind of went into shock, and then got really excited. My dad was pretty excited too. We took them out for a really nice dinner to celebrate. Today starts the phone calls to the rest of the family to let them know too. Its funny, I really couldn't wait to tell people, but now that its time, I am not nearly excited. kind of strange.

Still feeling queezy in the afternoon and evening, but morning time seems to be getting a little better.

Have a great weekend everyone!

that sounds like so much fun. What a cute idea.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I had the flu since Thursday and am finally over it. I have been having very bad dizzies and it is driving me nuts and quite frankly scaring me. I have an email into my doctor, anyone else experiencing dizzies?
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    How is Angela doing this fine Monday....anything exciting happen over the weekend?
  • debnu1
    Options
    sheri are you dehydrated? That will certainly make you dizzy! Take it easy, having the flu is no fun but even worse when you are pregnant!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! Has anyone heard from Angela? This is due day week!

Hope everyone is doing well and that everyone's queezy mornings end soon! That is one thing i am NOT looking forward to!

3 1/2 months until the hubster and I start TTC! :-)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Work has been crazy busy today! I will catch up later! Hope everyone is doing great!

Look at that picture!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks! That was our 3d/4d ultrasound pic at 28wks! I highly recommend having them made! It was an awesome experience!

There is no way I can catch up with everyone! I need to get in here more so that I can get to know everybody better and stay involved! I do remember people talking about the diabetic diet and I highly recommend being on it. I wish my doctor had recommended it to begin with. I might not have gained 30 lbs the first five months! and I wouldn't be dealing with all the GD issues I'm having now. However, now I'm on it, I'm losing weight and my sugar is controlled, so you live and learn. but boy do I regret how I was eating to begin with!

Angela! Hope your absence means your have a baby! Good Luck!

Question to moms that have kids: What do braxton hicks contractions feel like? I keep reading that I"m supposed to be having them, but I don't think I am. I would like too b/c I'm so scared that I won't dilate on my own and will end up with a c-section which i really don't want! how will i know if I'm having them? I know it's just practice ones, but it would be nice to know that my body is practicing!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! and to all the sick mamas...this too shall pass!! I barely even remember being that way, it didn't last long at all! however, it was replaced with lots of other fun stuff, like back pain, hip pain, round ligament pain, headaches, swelling....oh...the joys of pregnancy!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I wanted to let you know that Angela had the baby! I'm sneaky! (Her FB profile pic changed to the new little prince - I noticed when I was checking out her maternity photos) Yay baby! (No - not a crazy stalker person - lol)
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Yay Angela! Cant wait to see the baby. Decided to go see my doc today because of the dizziness and this pain in my abdomin that I told the doctor covering for him last week about. He said the dizzies are normal in pregnancy and mine may be worse because I'm still recovering physically from the flu. The pain in my lower abdomin is a UTI, don't know why that other doc didn't run a urine test last week. Got some antiobiotics so I should be well soon. Dizzies are not as constant as they were this morning so maybe I'm making progress. I must easily drink 2-3 liters of water a day and one bottle of my new craving of gatorade. Morning sickness seems to be calming down thank goodness, Oh and the weight I had gained completely vanished when I went in today, yay!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Congrats to Angela! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Hope things went well for her! Can't wait to see pictures!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Okay - so I'm having a day of reflection - this time next year it could be me having the baby, and DH and I are very excited about that. It seemed to have gone by so quickly for Angela, and last night I dreamt about babies, babies, babies. Oh I can't wait!
  • ckmama
    Options
    Yay Angela. He is so beautiful too. Had to go see myself. :flowerforyou:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I wanted to let you know that Angela had the baby! I'm sneaky! (Her FB profile pic changed to the new little prince - I noticed when I was checking out her maternity photos) Yay baby! (No - not a crazy stalker person - lol)

LOL :laugh: I did the same thing! He is SO handsome! YAY Angela!:flowerforyou: