Pregnancy 2010 - September

Options

Replies

• pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good luck Angela! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    For me I had just a dull ache in my back that got stronger and then a band of tightness that would go around my abdomen, increasing in severity. It wasn't necessarily painful more extremely tight. Like someone was tightening a belt around my waist. Best of luck Angela. The baby will come!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WooHoo almost baby time Angela! Just remember, one way or another..the baby WILL come out...he cannot stay in there forever! :laugh:

I remember my contractions initially feeling like menstrual cramps and lower back pain but like Debnu1 said, your stomach just gets really tight and hard...in a sense (or really literally) your uterus is squeezing the baby out. You could visually see them when they were intense enough.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    for me contractions and cramps feel different. The cramps I'm feeling are like really bad menstrual cramps with low back pain ... the kind where your upper thighs ache? yup! Then the contractions feels like a tightening, or ... pushing of my abdomen, I feel it strongest around my pelvis/lower abdomen. I've been having those cramps non stop since last night, but not any worse, I took a long nap and woke up with ... BLOODY SHOW! Woo Hoo! hopefully that means soon!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    for me contractions and cramps feel different. The cramps I'm feeling are like really bad menstrual cramps with low back pain ... the kind where your upper thighs ache? yup! Then the contractions feels like a tightening, or ... pushing of my abdomen, I feel it strongest around my pelvis/lower abdomen. I've been having those cramps non stop since last night, but not any worse, I took a long nap and woke up with ... BLOODY SHOW! Woo Hoo! hopefully that means soon!

Yay! the baby is coming! I had no blood until I was in labor so that is a good sign. I would go for a walk and start timing your contractions. Listen to you body because if you get to the hospital too soon they may send you back or stick you in a bed stuck on lots of machines for hours. It is miserable, my first took 18 hours and I spent 15 of them stuck in a hospital bed. My second took 8 hours and I only spent 2-3 hours in the hospital bed. Walk until the pain of labor begins to get unbearable because if you get an epidural you get stuck in the bed. You will get to a point where the contractions become extremely painful.

What do contractions feel like? Mostly tightening until you get into active labor then I think for the most part it feels like the pain of having extreme cramping with diarrhea sorry if TMI. But that is what I think the best explaination of what labor feels like. The kind where you will stop in your tracks and scream, cry and beg for help.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    What do contractions feel like? Mostly tightening until you get into active labor then I think for the most part it feels like the pain of having extreme cramping with diarrhea sorry if TMI. But that is what I think the best explaination of what labor feels like. The kind where you will stop in your tracks and scream, cry and beg for help.

Stop in your tracks, scream, cry, and beg for help....haha this is so reassuring that I can do this.....! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Sorry MWilson to me that is what it felt like, that is why most people give into the epidural. I got mine in the last 2 hours last time so I think I may try without this time since it doesn't help when it hurts most (moving the baby through the pelvis) Its been a while considering my baby will be 4 by the time this one is born but it is as I recall. Actually have an appetite today so I'm looking forward to hopefully a good day. The nausea is a bit more mild today! Maybe it is going to start subsiding.... that would be nice! I really want to get back on track and eat healthy foods for me a my lil one.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Sorry MWilson to me that is what it felt like, that is why most people give into the epidural. I got mine in the last 2 hours last time so I think I may try without this time since it doesn't help when it hurts most (moving the baby through the pelvis) Its been a while considering my baby will be 4 by the time this one is born but it is as I recall. Actually have an appetite today so I'm looking forward to hopefully a good day. The nausea is a bit more mild today! Maybe it is going to start subsiding.... that would be nice! I really want to get back on track and eat healthy foods for me a my lil one.

Oh I know, It was just funny to me while reading it :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    still lots of menstrual cramps all night and all morning, but contractions are waaaay slow. I took today off to rest, so I think I'll do some walking today and cleaning to see if anything progresses, but will also try to get lots of rest so that when i do go into labor I am rested!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I didn't have bloody show until I was in actual labor. (that's how I could tell the difference) So Angela you are on your way!! When the contractions are the worst is when you go into transition. I always would tell myself that It is all down hill from there. After transition you can handle anything! I did have a friend tell me that the crowning was the worst but to be honest I really didn't notice crowning. It has been described as a burning sensation--I think I was so glad the baby was coming out I didn't feel anything else! :tongue:

I actually cooked this morning. Blueberry muffins. Yum! Maybe I will be make more meals again. This eating out stuff is getting really old. It is time to start planning ahead again.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Mind if I lurk around here for a while?

Dh and I are starting a not preventing/not stressing about trying approach to babies. We plan to begin actively TTC in January 2011.
    :drinker:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ugg, still not feeling too hot. Last night I was in so much pain, and just feeling miserable. I couldn't sleep last night either, so today is a rough one. I TOTALY forgot I had a big meeting at work today. I got to work, and my boss was in a suit. I felt like an idiot when I asked him why he was all dressed up, and he was like....um, because we are meeting with the bank today!!!! So, at lunch I ran to Marshalls and bought a suit coat, and ran to Old Navy to get a shirt to go under it. I am loosing my brain:cry:

Angela...you are almost there, you can do it! You are an inspiration to thoes of us just starting this journey:flowerforyou:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey girls sorry I have been MIA school started up and I feel so behind. This is my last semester before baby arrives so I need to do well and get it all done. Had my doctors appointment yesterday and their scale was nicer than mine go figure.

SW(Pre-Pregnancy)164
    CW 178.6

I feel bad that I have gained 14lbs but I feel so hungry all the time its more about choosing good for me snacks now like granola bars and apples. I cut back on the sweets I had to have a cookie like everyday but I have to do the gestational diabetes test next week, so sugar is now being put on track until that test is over. My doctors office gave me a diet recommendation for the test basically no bad sugar for you stuff aka desserts and soda. Anyways baby is moving lots everyday I feel so bad because she is squirming because I have to have my water really cold and I feel her wiggling like hey you woke me up. Anyways hope you all have a good week.

Angela- Yay I know that baby wants out as much as you want to see that precious bundle. Keep up your morale it will happen soon.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Work has been crazy busy today! I will catch up later! Hope everyone is doing great!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I actually did a little exercise today, only 10 minutes...but I laid on the floor for a minute and my son attacked me, I must have pulled a muscle because I couldn't get up for another 10 minutes! (and I thought I was taking it easy) OW! I think next time I will just walk...
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Work has been crazy busy today! I will catch up later! Hope everyone is doing great!

Look at that picture!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds gross....but yeah for the bloody show Angela!! You are one tough chick to be going through all those contractions!! Sounds like you're a being a champ! Before you know it, you son will be here and you'll be facing going back to work like I am right now! Time goes by so fast.....enjoy that baby bump as much as possible!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had a vbac? When I went to the doctor yesterday she asked if I wanted to try or just have a section again, I said a section but apparently my husband wants me to try vaginal because you heal faster. I just never even thought of it, I know that sounds stupid, but the idea of pushing a baby out is scary to me.

I don't even know if i can right now, I didn't have a choice with the last one. I'll have to wait until I get further along to see how big the head will be.

I did get to hear the hb again and I just busted out laughing because it was so freakin' cute. She also told me that I shouldn't gain any more weight with my pregnancy. The 10 lbs I've already put on is enough and the baby would be fine living off the fat stores I have. That I should start following a diabetic diet now and we will do the gestational test at 20 weeks instead of later.:embarassed:

Always lots of fun going to the doctor.

P.S. I'm not sure about the bloody show, I didn't have it last time even though I was in labor.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My first Dr. Appointment is tomorrow at 1. I am really hoping for good news, and to get to hear the HB. My parents are comming into town for the weekend (they live 6 hours away), so we will tell them after the appointment. I made reservations at a fancy resturant for a "celebration" dinner!!!!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    This is such an inspiring group...it's so great to see one group almost done and another just starting....your experience is really valuable. Keep it up until I can join!