4 Years of being single

Options
creativerick
creativerick Posts: 270 Member
I've been single for over 4 years. I consider myself successful, in shape, attractive, etc.

"I just haven't found the right one."

At what age or point do I settle for less just so I can 'be in a relationship'? It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over 4 years. I consider myself successful, in shape, attractive, etc.

At what age or point do I settle for less just so I can 'be in a relationship'? It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

Confused as to how laundry fits in, assuming you'd like to cook for someone and in for the 'settle for less' while waxing nostalgic for the single years. I will say that if one is so desirable yet cannot attract a mate, perhaps one might search inward instead of 'settling'. In other words, maybe it's you. Why are YOU single, cause thats really what it boils down to, it's not an external thing so much when you have so much to offer, you know?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I bet he puts out on the first date
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    :huh: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've been single for 4 years. At no point is it acceptable for me to lower my standards just to be in a relationship. I don't need a man to make me whole.

If you think some woman is going to do your laundry for you or be your chef you have the wrong attitude about relationships. There's more to people than looks and money, so my guess is maybe you need to work on other aspects of your life.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I bet he puts out on the first day...
    Lol!! <3.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

So you want to date me so I can do your laundry and cook for you? Um, no.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I bet he puts out on the first day...

True, that can go badly. I always figured I could get meaningful conversation elsewhere or eventually but a poor first presentation...
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Seriously, marriage is not for you its for the other person. The one you want to cook for and do laundry for and all the other stuff.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

paragraph three expresses the why it isn't happening. good luck.

there should always be room to allow the other person to be human. that isn't settling. but someone buying a guy who is no longer inclined to cook or clean...
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Maybe just get a house keeper that cooks?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    C-

These rookies have such bad work compared to legendary trolls of last weeks
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's ramen and febreeze for you, sir.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    If you just want somebody to make you sammiches and wash your dirty drawers, get a mail order bride. I hear they prefer anal too.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    So ya want someone to cook & clean for ya - Hire a maid.
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    Lol i honestly think this is just a joke.

so im just gonna l-o-l here.

LOL
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself

^^^ Maybe that's your problem.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Dude....you are looking at the glass half empty. I now live by the glass half full philosophy of:
    'So I've been single for awhile now, and I have to say, it's going good. Like real good. Like I think I'm the one.'
    You're welcome.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    i'm in a relationship with the gym :drinker:

These days, the fitness/healthy conscious gravitate towards the like; that said gymming is a pre-requisite (and height).
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options

So you want to date me so I can do your laundry and cook for you? Um, no.

^^^ this! :noway: